All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You honestly never struck me as the type; maybe we do have something in common after all. I tip my hat to you, as I had you pegged as someone only in it for what they could gain. This has really made me re-think you as a player. It might seem a little odd but take a moment and think. There are two timelines here to consider. 1. Someone buys a 70 skilled account; 10 new players who try wurm now have to hit 70 skill to compete with that player in the market; maybe one or two of them do, the rest quit. Wurm has lost one player and gained 1--2. 2. Accounts are not sold, the 70 skill character is retired; 10 new players who try wurm now have to hit 60 skill to compete; maybe two or three, or even four do (exponential cost rate), the rest quit. Wurm has lost one player, and gained 2--3. There is also the (tacit) argument that a player who buys a 70 skill toon is likely to leave sooner. A new character spends 6 months getting to 70 to compete, whereas the bought character has already been paid for. Economically speaking, in terms of player turnover, and ingame economic balance, the bought character causes horrific harm. They offer a very low chance of long term net player gain. I disagree here; nothing earned goes to the devs. If you argue that "oh, but players who pay, play more toons", the counter is "yes, they do, but they also play them for less time because they reach saturation (endgame, "nothing to do") faster. For once, our predictions align.
  3. 0.09% chance of getting the question with 85ql rug, 95ql is 0.23% or so. time to meditate more
  4. Same level, same skill. Used 95ql rare rug for total of 10+ hours meditating - no question. So I've been told, it's normal enough at these levels.
  5. Hi. Im currently level 14 on PoK, trying to advance to level 15. Medittion skill is 90+, 18 days cooldown has long passed, using 85 ql exquisite rug. The thing is, iv been meditating for hours in the "special tile", and by that i literally mean FOR hours if not days.. few days i meditated 6-8 hours staight, other days 3-4 hours straight, but i just cannot get the question pop up to advance. Just want to ask if anyone had similar issue? is it broken or what? this surely doesnt feel right that you just cant get a question... cheers
  6. Today
  7. Yesterday
  8. Location added. At the deed Knight's Rest, K18. See y'all there. Bring your party pants!
  9. I’m interested. I think I bought from you before. I’ll try and find you in game.
  10. Yep, I see something similar. https://gyazo.com/a54d3b750abd43cac866987e5cbbcd5c
  11. I'd rather see player body -> ledger option.. to list transactions.. and to list for what.. c.o.d. mailed xxx item to yyy person for zzz coins.... Same thing could work with log-tab.. like event/trade/ but..... than I assume... side tools are going to make more sense to manage the bull... text walls for merchants of goods. Transfers done while the player was offline could be sync-ed when it logins in the game.. but it will be weird and incomplete.. if the person uses PC/laptop/2-3-4th pc with this log being shattered among more than 1 device. There have been many requests for ledger or book of monetary transfers, etc... so far no promise of work toward making any of them reality.
  12. ATM it's tricky to piss off more people.. but you are free to believe whatever you wish. No need to push anything, as this change IS HAPPENING SOON ANYWAY. Literally no need to sharpen your pitchfork or light the torches, it's a paved road and game's literally STEAM-ing that way. Chill, no need to prove anything, wurm's about to be rmt-free in few months.
  13. I see you like civil discussion about peoples opinions.
  14. Yes it ruin the game so we are not happy and reverse it, if they ban account selling and you dont like that you know what, nobody cares cause the game will probably have more way to survive and ppl will be happy either way.
  15. That is happening either way.. all sorts of direct trading from silver to irl money is banned on steam... and will happen within half-1 year tops, under a year probably.. as steam release is main priority.. and to join this cluster into the steam bit.. some things need to change(read: removing rmt) mhm NO need for such date announcement yet, as it's in everybody's interest, players for whatever reasons to sell last bits of silver or accounts if they feel like it.. before the steam "bomb"; and CC's to not stress players additionally; If it happens earlier.. it's in CC's ToS that things can change at any time.. early announcement will be good, but by no means, you're in position to require that here and now as it's partially in players' interest to keep it as it is as much as possible. Either way.. this is in suggestions thread.. gl with demands like this. I don't like golden mirrors, but you know what? Nobody cares, stuff happen, some ppl are happy either way.
  16. Why we dont have any tab for all selling, deposite or any money concern, online or offline with name of the buyer. I would like that to follow my transaction even if im offline hard to follow when you buy and sell like 20 things each day. I'm talking about silver heh aving that in event tab its a bit confusing and hard to follow.
  17. The final Scavenger Hunt has begun folks! [11:55:52] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Alrighty folks, it is about that time, so gather round and listen close, because this one will be a doozy! [11:56:43] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I have placed the following EIGHT keys out across the island, the prizes are: [11:57:52] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - LoA Wagon, Knarr, Corbita, 2x Sailboats, Troll King Crown, Rare Bone, and a 100.00ql RARE Fishing Net. [11:58:16] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I have spread the keys across the ENTIRE island, not just an isolated area. [11:58:40] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - If you have already wont a Scavenger Hunt this Impalong, you are NOT eligible to participate. [11:59:23] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - You may only win once, so if you find a key that is a valid key, then you do not get to hunt anymore. [11:59:50] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - You may use any means at your disposal to locate these keys. [12:00:38] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I will be posting hints as necessary to the main Impalong thread here: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/171787-blackmoor-christmas-impalong-2019/ [12:00:53] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - And to the Impalong Discord here: https://discord.gg/eD3htn [12:01:04] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - I will also be posting them to this Impalong local. [12:01:30] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Due to the scope of this hunt I will NOT be posting them to all the related locals for hunters to please keep updated, anad pass along information across [12:01:33] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - locals as you see [12:01:58] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - To clarify, any means at your disposal does not mean but is not limited to: [12:02:19] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Chopping trees down, packing tiles, terraforming in anyways, altering trees/bushes ect. [12:02:47] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - We that live here on this island attempt to keep this island in nice pristine state that makes for good hunting among other things, so please be respectful. [12:03:31] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Any questions? [12:03:43] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Actually one more thing [12:04:11] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Due to the scope again of this hunt, I will post a set of hints to start, but then no more hints for at least an hour minimum. [12:04:33] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Also, if you find a key, PM me, with the quality of the key, the renamed name if applicable, and EXACTLY where you found it. [12:04:50] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Such as tree, bush, none, age, where, exact details. [12:05:21] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - So with that, your first and only hint for a while is: [12:06:02] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - The keys are ONLY offdeed, ABOVEGROUND, and do not go more than a few tiles into the water's edge. [12:06:13] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Remember they can be anywhere else on the island though. [12:06:16] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - So, with that.... [12:06:20] Shrimpiie Impalong Scavenger Hunt, Part VIII - Happy Hunting! Hint 1: The keys are ONLY offdeed, ABOVEGROUND, and do not go more than a few tiles into the water's edge. Hint 2: Check those coastal terrain rock visuals, especially those in the south, up to a few tiles into the water! Hint 2.5: Don't forget to check the sexy volcano! Hint 3: I only place keys in places I can personally reach on horseback. Hint 4: I would check those more eastern tiles folks, the more, hilly kind, away from the slope down to the water.
  18. 3 or more creatures (including players) on the same tile can result in disease, yes. One way to avoid this is to position the hitching post nearer to the tile border, so that the animals don't all end up on the same tile. But yeah, hitching posts do make it pretty easy for animals to get diseased. Would be nice to have some way of preventing that without having to do any tricks like this. I would be fine if that 3 were just changed to a 4 (or something) when on-deed.
  19. Hi, I'd like to use your rune service for 2 more +10% gather ql (bronze lib I think it is). I'll name and mail the items now, from/to Richaun. Thanks!!
  20. Very good counterarguments from folks here. My economic opinion aside, I feel its best to have a finite date, rather than have it sprung upon us. Perhaps when the WO numbers decrease below self sustainability or the devs decide its time to allow the huddled masses of steam-buns to cross over in to the old lands.
  21. There used to be an embark bug where the client would error causing a player to have to manually relog. Then, a fix was introduced that automatically forced a quick reconnect in that situation. The reconnect mechanic can be used for changes where a relog is required to make the change go into affect, for example de-priesting with journal open and priest goals do not disappear out of journal, and also whenever leveling up in a meditation path and the skill effects do not show the update until relog. A forced reconnect can be slightly disruptive, but it would be better than allowing avatars to be in unintended situations, and to ensure their overall status is current after an applicable change.
  22. How are they not good for the financial or economic health of Wurm? Those who buy an account commonly have multiple toons premm'd at the same time. I know people who keep 10+ accounts prem'd at a time. Compare that to the guy who is in it to make money and simply converts the silver he makes back to real world cash. How is that helping Code Club? How many people don't pay a cent to the shop and merely use what they make in game to pay their premium and deed upkeep? Not that there is anything wrong with that, that is by design. I don't think the market is monopolized, there are just too few players to buy everything that is produced. If you want a bigger piece of the pie, grow the pie larger. I know, with the upcoming Steam release, that's not a likely scenario.
  1. Load more activity