Army

Website Screenshot Contest 2023

screenshot_contest.webp

Hey everyone!

We want to implement an image gallery on the new website so visitors can get a better idea of what they could get into.

And while purposely taken screenshots by the team (such as on the Steam store page) may look good and professional to new players, we would also like to highlight the important role of the Wurm community on the website.

That's why I'm inviting all of you to participate in the official Website Screenshot Contest 2023!

Use your chance to show off your village, your animals, your character, your pets, some beautiful place you like or anything else that makes Wurm special for you. Show some of it, show everything - it's totally up to you!

I will review your entries together with the whole development team to select the most outstanding works for a prize. In addition to that, everyone has the chance to get their screenshot featured on the website, whether they win a prize or not.

As we want to cover as many aspects of the game as possible, the entries are split into 4 categories:

Nature & Landscape

• Mountains, rivers, forests, ...
  • Animal wildlife, on land or at sea

Life in Wurm, Villages & Constructs

• Small villages or farms
  • Bigger towns or cities
  • Special buildings or themed constructs

PvE Community

• Community events (rifts, unique slayings, impalongs, ...)
  • Activities with friends

PvP Community

• War deeds/fortified villages
  • PvP combat (skirmishes, sieges, ...)
  • Kingdom focus (artifacts, war banners, religion/mycelium, guard towers/territory control, ...)

We will select the 3 most outstanding screenshots in every category and declare them as winner.

You can submit one screenshot for every category, so 4 in total. To give everyone a chance to win however, you can only win in a single category.

The prizes are:

15 silver coins + 45 days of premium time for 1st places

10 silver coins + 30 days of premium time for 2nd places

5 silver coins + 15 days of premium time for 3rd places

The winners will be contacted by us through a private message on this forum.

Your prize can be redeemed on an account of your choice, it's not possible to split it however. (silver coins and premium time will be issued together)

Please submit your original screenshots in this dedicated submission thread until 23:59 UTC on Sunday, the 15th October 2023.

It's highly recommended to turn up the graphic settings before taking your screenshot. You may only submit screenshots originally created by you.

Also keep in mind that your creation has to follow the game rules. Obscene or insulting entries will get you disqualified.

With submitting your screenshot you understand and agree that it might get featured on the forum and/or on the games website or social media pages.

The winners will be announced here and in the next issue of Valrei International. Good luck everyone!

Edit 24.10.2023:

The winners have been selected and the prizes were issued. Please check out this post below.

• Like 37

Love to see something like this happen! Good luck to all the participants!

• Like 6

I am Tech Illiterate but where are we supposed to upload the picture from?  I have tried imgur and the bar goes red without letting me upload.

Nvm!

Edited by Grumblykins

Some awesome pics uploaded so far , awesome to see, keep em coming and Good luck to you all!

• Like 1

Oh cool let me post on the correct thread on the first try

Edited by user
  • Cat 1

wrong forum post

Edited by Sleeper
  • Like 2

Really really awesome pictures by everyone so far! Lot's of deed inspirations to be stolen and passed off as my own at a later time.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, Army said:

As we want to cover as many aspects of the game as possible, the entries are split into 4 categories:

Nature & Landscape

• Mountains, rivers, forests, ...
  • Animal wildlife, on land or at sea

There are no rivers in Wurm. Are you trying to give us a hint about what is coming?

• Like 1

Would love to enter this contest. Can't upload a screenshot.

Edited by Tamos
Trying to upload image.

1 hour ago, Tamos said:

Would love to enter this contest. Can't upload a screenshot.

Upload the image to a 3rd party image hosting site like imgur.com (thats the most common I think) and post the image link and it will automatically convert to an image. 

23 hours ago, Zachariah said:

Upload the image to a 3rd party image hosting site like imgur.com (thats the most common I think) and post the image link and it will automatically convert to an image. 

Extra tip: when viewing the image on imgur.com, right click the image and select 'Open Image in New Tab'.  Then copy the URL from that web page and paste it into the forum.

For example, if I look at this screenshot in the imgur.com site and paste that URL here, I can click through to see it but it will not show up in the forum: 

https://imgur.com/a/SX49fwl

But now after I right click on that image and open it in a new tab, and then copy that URL and paste it here....

E1tA6zn.png

Viola!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sidereal said:

Extra tip: when viewing the image on imgur.com, right click the image and select 'Open Image in New Tab'.  Then copy the URL from that web page and paste it into the forum.

For example, if I look at this screenshot in the imgur.com site and paste that URL here, I can click through to see it but it will not show up in the forum: 

But now after I right click on that image and open it in a new tab, and then copy that URL and paste it here....

E1tA6zn.png

Viola!

Ah yes! Should have specified. You need the link to the image. Can be access through your way or just right clicking the imagine while in Imgur and hitting copy image link. 

Thank you Sid! ❤️

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:30 PM, Zalxis said:

There are no rivers in Wurm.

Not technically no there aren't, but you can make something close :)

b3d5e35b0fc0ceffff70b17ea01a927b.jpg

• Like 9

Nature and Landscape: Visit Harmony Today!

wisANcC.jpg

Life in Wurm, Villages & Constructs: Sol Gate

59ccHbJ.jpg

PvE Community: Friendly Neighborhood Sea Serpent Slayers

wt6PYm6.jpg

PvP Community: Jenn-Kellon Fortification

h7rDkAv.jpg

1 hour ago, EndTimes said:

Nature and Landscape: Visit Harmony Today!

Life in Wurm, Villages & Constructs: Sol Gate

PvE Community: Friendly Neighborhood Sea Serpent Slayers

wt6PYm6.jpg

PvP Community: Jenn-Kellon Fortification

this one is awesome!

• Like 1

I deeply enjoy the opportunity to show off the work I've done. Even if I don't win, I hope some of my screenshots are used to show the possibilities of Wurm.

• Like 3

Good Luck to all that entered! I always enjoy seeing Wurm through other players eyes! Its obvious that we all love this world we've created. 😃

• Like 4

On 10/4/2023 at 3:41 PM, Sidereal said:

[snip, snip](image removed to make quote shorter)

Viola!

Thank you for explaining that, know we know how to do it.

Learned something new..

Cheers, Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Totally forgot about this, but that's ok, always next time. Good luck to those that entered. 👌

Checked out the other thread and seen some amazing screenshots! Lots of creativity out there. 

Sorry for the delay, the winners finally have been selected!

Nature & Landscape

First place: @Hailiah

n1.jpg

Second place: @XLoFF
n2.jpg

Third place: @pagsiu

n3.jpg

Life in Wurm, Villages & Constructs

First place: @shalashala

l1.jpg

Second place: @Silvanoshaya

l2.jpg

Third place: @Alyssum

l3.jpg

PvE Community

First place: @Korppi

pve1.jpg

Second place: @RedMoonInn

pve2.jpg

Third place: @Griffy

pve3.jpg

PvP Community

First place: @Xallo

pvp1.jpg

Also first place: @Guvna

pvp2.jpg

Second place: @Zexos

pvp3.jpg

Third place: @Kulthar

pvp4.jpg

Congratulations to the winners! I will contact you today so you can claim your prize.

And a big thank you to everyone participating! There were so many good submissions with different themes, it was really hard to choose the best.

The screenshot selection for the website is a separated process and will begin shortly. You might get contacted by us for that, in case we are looking for a higher resolution version of your submission.

Also a note on the 2 first places for the PvP theme: both their submissions were quite similar. Besides that,@Xallois a staff member and we didn't want staff to "take away" prizes for other players, so both first places get the full prize.

This topic will stay open for feedback and discussion. As it was mostly positive so far, it looks like we should do community events like this more often in the future. Feel free to let us know what you think!

• Like 20