Muse

Remove need for a spirit templar to keep deeds free of nodes

Nodes have popped up all over my market deed, making it look untidy.  It's a public market deed, so customers will be wondering what all the mess is, or trying to click on them.  At the moment, nodes are a novelty, so deed owners may not have had time to realise that this means extra maintenance they will have to do on their deeds, which is never finished - because as soon as they clear away the nodes, more nodes will just spawn again!

The settlement management > settings option to remove nodes from your village requires 1 spirit guard to be hired :(  Effectively this is expecting deed owners to *pay more*  just to keep their deeds the same as they were before the update.  :(  This strikes as a cash grab with deed owners penalised.  Please remove the need for a spirit templar to keep the deed node free - we shouldn't have to pay to keep our deeds clean of clutter.

UPDATE: RESOLVED Templar Requirement to be Removed:

Thank you for listening Devs!

This thread may now be closed.

Edited by Muse
UPDATE: RESOLVED
  • Like 40

I agree: Please remove the need for a templar.

The nodes feature is not for me, so I have not been keeping up to date with the information on it. It was quite an unpleasant surprise to find out that I have no other option than to engage with it.

• Like 4

Yeah this isn't cool. You're basically littering my cave I spent so much energy on to make it look tidy, and telling me to either have a daily search for rubble stones on my paved cave floor or pay to have a spirit guard, not even an option to pay without having a spirit guard. I don't want a spirit guard, I don't want resource nodes on my deed, in particular I don't want them spawning on places where they are an eye sore.
These things should never spawn on paved tiles, and not on highways or roads in general. Just seeing littered highways make me sad.

Edited by Noevi
  • Like 3

We all hate the nodes ...no ones gonna get a templar to keep there deeds clean and why are we being punished with this anyway ..why don't u spend ur time doing things to make people happy with the game ..like fun things like animal head mounts or some rack for kitchen pans or something fun ..you guys need to take some suggestions ..this was a stupid idea period ..

• Like 1

Nodes are this week's uncovered wagons. Wurm Online: A Series of Poor Decisions.

• Like 5

-1 If the round table eats we can eat.  Trust the round table.  We are all in this together and wurms success depends on the staff just as much as it depends on us, the player base.  We must help the business grow.  We are all in this together

WURM!

• Like 5

<------   Is thinking about investing in popcorn futures

+1 remove the extra cost. I pay for my deed(s) I pay for my Character(s), I do not wish to have a templar killing every aggro mob that shows up on my deed. and when the accident of killing my HH's happens again I will not be happy about that happening for a 4th or 5th time.

Edited by SmackedDown
  • Like 3

-1 taking pictures on people's deed with nodes remind people the game has updated. A advertisement of "did something to your deed, come take a look".

• Like 1

+1 

I didn't even think that would be the case of this update lmao. 

Or otherwise if I have to pay Templar for cleaning the deed, name him janitor templar LOL. 

+1 why do I have to pay more money to keep my deed the way it was before this update.

I'm also hesitant to hire guards on my deed where I breed aggressive creatures, one accidental bug or update and they're all dead.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 8

-1 if you neglect your property IRL it will also grow moss and bushes everywhere unless you hire somebody to take care of it, or fix it yourself

• Like 2

Add road tax so that highways get cleaned as well. If a quota isn't reached, highways on the server don't get cleaned.

1 minute ago, Locath said:

Add road tax so that highways get cleaned as well. If a quota isn't reached, highways on the server don't get cleaned.

lol, this. And air polution tax for every forge you own at the deed. Otherwise there will be a fog on whole server. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

-1 if you neglect your property IRL it will also grow moss and bushes everywhere unless you hire somebody to take care of it, or fix it yourself

+1 because i don't hire spirit or some kind of ghost to take care moss and bushes IRL. Remove the need for a spirit templar, and add a decent gardener or cleaner instead.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, mysterydate said:

We all hate the nodes 

Nope. I'm genuinely having fun searching them out right now. It's way better than the old system.

• Like 2

I am also partial to this change. I had assumed this was already part of the overall change to resource nodes. 

da fuq is this mang

finna hit an uninstall dab, GOBLIN GANG DOES NOT APPROVE

+100 

+1 - I've just talked to my wife about this.  She logged in and almost cried when she saw the various nodes in the village courtyard and the paddocks so logged back out again - it makes the place look so untidy.

I wasn't a fan of the rocks that randomly appeared on grass, but that was at least only random and few and far between, not on every third tile as it seems to be at the moment. 

It's especially annoying as Iv've just spent 3 days digging out a cave, reinforcing it, paving it and now there are piles of rubble on the paving - just soul destroying.

Yes, we could spend an extra silver a month on each of our deeds (we already pay north of a gold a month) for a templer to avoid the visual clutter but we have had experience of templers glitching and attacking Hell Horses and other mobs on the deed, which is why we turned them off in the end) and with a breeding area, zoo and major roads going through the deed the last thing we want is to log on and find there's been a rogue templer !

Surely there's a better way to turn off the visuals - than using a templer?

Edited to add - I've just seen my grassland / prarie that I've spent weeks clearing trees and bushes from - easy to see that the nightshades, for example, are resources in winter as many bushes seem to "hibernate" but in rest of the year I suspect that it's not going to be easy to spot which are bushes and which are resources.

Edited by Moteandbailey
updated about grassland
  • Like 2