Sign in to follow this  
As_I_Decay

Who's staying? Who's going?

Fortunately, a server is a lot bigger than it seems and even if we see a lot of land grabbing going on there still will be enough space for another wave of new players to get a good spot.. at least for a while.

I will go explore the new land for sure. Would not wanted to leave our current deed behind though as it is quite nice and i have alot good animals.

Nildakar is staying. No plans on outposts or whatnot. We do not want to occupy land on Deliverance that we will use seldom, and thus block it from use by those who need it more.

I'ma head on over and if I find a good spot I'll slap a deed down. I'll be eyeing up more of the treacherous regions however, don't much care for flat or coastal areas all that much.

I could move there but i have also been thinking about moving onto Wild so i don't really know if it's going to be worth the effort.

First post on the forums.

what i read in this thread

Im not leaving freedom1, but im going to freedom2 to deed the good land.

A port deed in the north with hostels/storage houses for villages is probably all that's needed as an outpost for Freedom1 villages.

Also a recruitment center at the new spawn sounds interesting. But I don't think new players want to spend their first hours on a boat trip to Freedom1 so recruiting to the old server may become difficult.

Phoenix Enterprises will be staying but we will set up a hunting outpost over there. Just to stay in touch with our friends that will be relocating for the challenge...and we want to be part of making the new road structure.

I was making plans to prem up anyways and buy a deed... been living at a ruin up a mountain near Insanity Port (great place love it there).... but a Ruin is a Ruin. Been there, done that.

Sailing to South Coast and on to Deliverance as soon as server boundary is clear and open. Time to build Kyrm's Landing again and this time do it right.

I'm staying, since I've got a deed here.

I'd move if I would be able to move it for free, though.

what i read in this thread

Im not leaving freedom1, but im going to freedom2 to deed the good land.

Undecided what we do. Might move over if we find a nice spot start build it up and maybe move all activities over. The no inter server chat might force a choice one or the other.

Outpost on Deliverance (mainly as a station for mapping), small though. Definitely going to explore, get lost, die and maybe see a Forest Giant.

Though I'll be keeping my deed on Independence, it's home.

I will be staying.  8)

It seems that most of the people interested in going to the new server are from the more populated center map and southern area's.  Most in the North have not seen the problems whith a flood of newbies cutting every tree in sight.    :P

I preidct in a month Oaks will be nearly extinct in the new northern spawn area.    :D

I preidct in a month Oaks will be nearly extinct in the new northern spawn area.    :D

I'm taking 6 oak sprouts with me lol :P

Based on the posts so far, it seems almost no one is going to the new server.

So whats the point of making it?  ???

So whats the point of making it?  ???

The new server is for new players, it is their "deliverance" for the over-deeded and saturated Freedom isles. The reason for the new server is to ensure that there is enough room for new players (of whom there will hopefully be plenty in the coming months) to have a piece of land to call their own. It ensures that there is a plethora of good-quality terrain on which new deeds can be placed, which in turn will increase the prosperity of OneTwoFreeAB, ensuring that the company can continue to develop Wurm Online.

Edit: Its simply good economics, look at it from the perspective of supply and demand. There is a huge amount of demand for deedable land, therefore by increasing the supply Rolf is expanding his market.

I will check it out on my main, mostly to see how the landscape will be

If it's nice enough, I might settle there, though my current plan is now to go there, find out if it's any decent and probably come back

So whats the point of making it?  ???