Sign in to follow this  
As_I_Decay

Who's staying? Who's going?

You got what you asked for,  so go join the noobs, go join the new GV

I was kind'a rethinking my idea of moving since rolf said that the new server will be 1/4 the size... but after reading your post i'm reassured that i'm better off on a smaller server but with no [or at least less] idiots like this.

didnt read all the posts so sorry, I was just wondering though if someone with a fast large boat is gonna be setting up a transportation system, that way those that either, A dont have a boat or B, dont want a boat can have rides over. Because if would be stupid for those that like to live in land have to build a boat just to try and get rid of it on deliverance.

Really cool patch though, I'm really excited to see new land.

Lets some it up.

Freedom players complain about all the free-miums ruining the landscape.

Freedom players complain that the server should be premium only.

Freedom players complain that free-miums that arrive at the initial spawn point show the game in a poor light.

Freedom players complain that free-mium players and the localised spawn point ruin the game.

Freedom players (premium) wish the starting point for new players was never on Freedom.

Freedom players wish that Freedom Chat was Premium only,

Rolf recognises this.

Rolf starts a new server, 1/4 the size of Freedom.

Rolf says he wll move the spawn point to there, so any new peeps start at a different server.

So...rolf responds to all the critisism that so many of you have given, and yet, despite that, all those peeps saying the noobs and free-miums are ruining the game, are going to move to a server thats 1/4 the size and will now be the spawn point for all future new people ???

Good luck to all of you that move, but its time to realise tha rolf has actually given us what most of you wanted. And yet suddenly, as most of you get what you want, you decide to jump ship. You complain about Freedom, so he fixes it, and you go there instead. Hmm.....

You dont like Freedom coz its too crowded, so your going to move to the new spawn point instead ?  Hmm, Yeh, Freedom with its 16 million tiles was too busy for me, so im going to move to a 4 million tile server, that now acts as the spawn point for everyone completing the tutoriol. Gee, Mr , Thats where i want to live...

"I hate Freedom with all those people on it, but i figure a map 1/4 the size, where all the new people will start will be better for me...."

Enjoy the new spawn point, go and live where you hated before, well, maybe not hated, but you asked for this, you wanted your new server, your new spawn point, so go get it, and enjoy the fact that from right now, i dont need to worry about noobs spawning withing 100 tiles of me :)  Infact, I dont need to worry about noobs spawing at all, thats your problem now, the problem you complained about for so long, and now; as rolf fixes it, instead of going and thanking you rolf, you decided to join them. well no more moaning about it from you!

This is not directed at one person, but all those that are joining Deliverience and have complained about the Freedom server.

You got what you asked for,  so go join the noobs, go join the new GV, you wanted this, and rolf gave you it, and im sure im not alone in thinking that sometimes, you might regret what you ask for. :)

Yeah I plan on going over to explore but thats it. The way I see it we have had our deeds on JKH and now Freedom. I am sure most of us have worked hard enough on our places we have no desire to abandon them. So instead of us older players  going over there to drop deeds I see this as a chance to step back and  let the new players spread their own wings a bit and do their own thing, get some good prime building spots and hopefully experience a bit of the wurm wilderness before its gone as we have been able to do in the past.

A by and large possibility that those of us from Al'Saius may very well reconsider our original choice in retaining lands on Independence. We have decided, that while we have done a substantial amount of work, recarving a mountainside, the rolling lands of Deliverance may very well suit our original plans of construction and allow us to live a lifestyle more towards what we originally desired. A lot of people have always decried the new generation of potential Wurmians, often to the point of forcing them to leave, while some such as The Academy of Enlightenment and Ultimarus, Cliff Side, and a choice few others welcomed and nurtured them, giving some a modicum of willingness to stay.

Shame to see that there will be a lot more landgrabbing in this smaller land, but I agree that it should be smaller, to facilitate community beyond simple deeds, I hope that the massive missives of land taken aren't enough to extinguish the flames of exploration, and hope my potentially rebuilding community can take a few under its wings.

Everybody that is taking the high ground does need to be conscious to not coincidentally spread your perimeter over the low ground as well.

My count on the first three pages or so was half the people clearly said that they would not be going to Deli or wouldn't plant a deed.  A quarter would definitely be planting a deed - many were leaving Indy; a quarter was explorers hedging their bet with maybe-droppa-deed.

I figure either it means more deeds and income for Rolf (so maybe he does this more often), or the real estate spreads out and new players are more inclined to play and stay (so Rolf does this more often), or some combination of the two.

By the way, I just want to remind everyone:

The map I have generated is actually half the size (2048) of the current one.

Half the size... not 1/4 as most of you have been claiming.

Oh, and Extrusion: haven't you come from one server (Wild) and deeded land on another server (Freedom) that was overpopulated before you got there? Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

By the way, I just want to remind everyone:

Oh, and Extrusion: haven't you come from one server (Wild) and deeded land on another server (Freedom) that was overpopulated before you got there? Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

didnt deed, i bought a deed, that i passed onto someone else.

i just live there when i am on freedom, i dont own it.

The current server is 4096x4096 = 16M tiles

Now considering this is rolf, and clear communication isn't one of his primary skills...  he either means

2048x2048 = 4M tiles - this is what everyone who think the new size is 1/4 assume.

His post about translation of coordinates when traveling between servers seems to support that idea s well.

or

2048x4096 = 8M tiles which would indeed be 1/2

I will be moving to Deliverance and making it my permanent home . I have already disbanded my deeds ( with the exception of 1 that will be disbanded on Tuesday ) on Independance .

I'm looking forward to settling the new land , and helping build its infrastrcuture :)

Elite, i understand your post and stuff, but everyone is not looking at the fact that the lands of freedom are totally ruined already, theres no real diffrence until everythig is decayed, and because decay is extremely slow the world wont look any diffrent, the only change that has been made now, is that it wont get more crowded then it already is

but ill be staying on freedom 1 ofcourse, at some point it will be worth staying and not going to the newb land, exactly like you said, they spawn there :)

I will be moving to Deliverance and making it my permanent home . I have already disbanded my deeds ( with the exception of 1 that will be disbanded on Tuesday ) on Independance .

Bravo good sir.  You set an exceptional example. Bravo.

Think I've decided to stay put after all. As interested as I am in the whole ordeal, this is not like when freedom opened, as I am not being forced to move. The initial excitement over it has calmed down for me and I've decided that I like my place a lot and will continue to improve it even more instead of moving. Think I will just check out its topography and leave it at that.

One good thing that came out of the announcement though is it finally spurred me into making a sailboat on the main waterways. Now I don't have to walk everywhere.

I think a 2048x2048 map will provide plenty of space.  In the last two(?) years on Freedom, more than 95% of my game has been played in the NE quadrant of the map.  Indy currently has 920 deeds.  If Deli is more amenable to settlement, that's easily space for 250-300 deeds before we worry.

I think a 2048x2048 map will provide plenty of space.  In the last two(?) years on Freedom, more than 95% of my game has been played in the NE quadrant of the map.  Indy currently has 920 deeds.  If Deli is more amenable to settlement, that's easily space for 250-300 deeds before we worry.

So maybe a week until the coast is covered?

And how many will spam deed the spawn area right out of town?

I see the same problems coming with people treating REAL new players like crap and KOS rampant mayors.

I hope the new starter town has a massive perimeter to stop anything of the sort.

If indeed whole Deli gets covered in deeds within few weeks, and amount of deeds doesn't drop too much on freedom then to me it means one thing:

More $$$ for Rolf and a clear reason to open even more servers in the future.

If indeed whole Deli gets covered in deeds within a week, and amount of deeds doesn't drop too much on freedom then to me it means one thing:

No it will take premium payments over time not a 1 week rush.

If the new server doesn't bring x amount of new paying players what good is it really?

I mean there is plenty of land for alot of those skilled people on freedom who are going over to land grab.

If the case is just recycled game money and not an influx of new premium players  I don't see how that's good.

If indeed whole Deli gets covered in deeds within a week, and amount of deeds doesn't drop too much on freedom then to me it means one thing:

No it will take premium payments over time not a 1 week rush.

If the new server doesn't bring x amount of new paying players what good is it really?

I mean there is plenty of land for alot of those skilled people on freedom who are going over to land grab.

If the case is just recycled game money and not an influx of new premium players  I don't see how that's good.

Deeds are already indication that players want to stay for longer.

Also, if there are no nice places for deeds then many players may decide not to place new deeds.

If all space on Freedom and Deli is taken quickly then again new players will not have a place to place new deeds. Or will have problems with expanding.

Personally I don't believe both Deli and Freedom would be crowded soon, but if that happens - it would be clear indication to me that people want to form new deeds. And in such case they need space for this.

Now, the topic of space is very subjective. Some people will say that there is space because somewhere in deep forest or mountains there is 30 tiles between deeds, so it's enough to place new one, even when all coasts are taken. Some others will say there is no space because they cannot find empty spot on coast with no deeds within 50 tiles radius.

And all of them are right and wrong at the same time. Still, the latter may decide to not buy a deed because they can't find suitable location. Instead of arguing and telling people to settle in a place they don't want to - it may be better to just create more space. Anyway, it's all up to Rolf. He knows all numbers, and if Deliverance brings enough new deeds (= $$$) then I'm sure he will consider opening more servers.

So maybe a week until the coast is covered?

And how many will spam deed the spawn area right out of town?

Everyone is so negative...

"This is just going to turn into Indy all over again....we just shouldn't even bother"

Experienced people from Indy moving over there isn't a bad thing. Chances are they are the people that will build the main highway networks, as I can't see newbies doing so. Even if it were a bad thing, I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch, from what I've seen from polls etc, most people have decided to stay on Indy and just sail over to take a look before coming back.

As someone said previously, The amount of actual deedable land on Indy probably only works out to be 25-30% of the map. I wouldn't be surprised to see figures matching 40% water and 20-25% cliffs on Indy. If what Rolf said is true, and the new map is less pronounced and has a larger percentage of deedable land, then there will be no problems for many months (keep in mind that Epic will be coming out soon, which many people will probably pack up shop for).

Everyone is so negative...

"This is just going to turn into Indy all over again....we just shouldn't even bother"

Experienced people from Indy moving over there isn't a bad thing. Chances are they are the people that will build the main highway networks, as I can't see newbies doing so. Even if it were a bad thing, I don't see why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch, from what I've seen from polls etc, most people have decided to stay on Indy and just sail over to take a look before coming back.

As someone said previously, The amount of actual deedable land on Indy probably only works out to be 25-30% of the map. I wouldn't be surprised to see figures matching 40% water and 20-25% cliffs on Indy. If what Rolf said is true, and the new map is less pronounced and has a larger percentage of deedable land, then there will be no problems for many months (keep in mind that Epic will be coming out soon, which many people will probably pack up shop for).

Well you're probably right everything will be fine and the new players will have a good place to explore and make their own.

I do realize that skilled players will make the highway system and travel easier for them to find better land.

I hope that the New server lives up to what its supposed to do give freedom breathing room and be a place for newer players to be a part of Wurm with out stepping on any ones toes.