Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #3 I come from a house down under

11 minutes ago, Proximo said:

Will this change also come with some kind of mechanic that allows us to tell if the cave tile is level or not?  Because that will be pretty crucial imo.

You can already have a pick activated to see "flat" listed on mouse over of a tile.

Also you can, with a pick, choose to flatten a tile to the lowest corner where you can then add Xconcrete to each corner to achieve a target height.

It's been teased, hinted at, wished for and some even said 'it'll never happen'...

and here were have it, UNDERGROUND BUILDINGS! *well, not yet, but hopefully*

We all thought multistory was a big deal at the time...this could mean an even bigger change for Wurm, altering the (underground) landscape in never before seen ways and opening up a whole multitude of new ideas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

You live WHERE?!

Now normally I don't showcase features unless they're coming in soon, but with Wurm Unlimited update, there was a slight surprise in the code, so I'm giving you all a sneak peek of a feature that Tich is working tirelessly on...

ArmourTypes.java

public static final int ARMOUR_RING = 5;

public static final int ARMOUR_SCALE = 7;
public static final int ARMOUR_SPLINT = 8;

this coming soon too?

" We're always looking for new events to entertain and excite, what would you like to see? "

Devs in PvP with players so they can see how broken and unbalanced it is and hopefully fix it.

• Like 1

I agree with brunwulf, i assume this underground building aspect will be a freedom thing. It seems unforgiving to implement on epic as it would making raiding null and void. 

2 hours ago, Purefy said:

My mine is Beneath my entire deed and i also gets "Within the structure"  msg's of all my houses. Not sure if it does anything.

If your structure is above the cave tile you will get this message, it has always existed.

This is because of how the engine works, I can't really explain it but the engine is extremely limited.

• Like 1

Hey, I don't even able to read any more from the weekly news. And momentarily honestly don't care about anything else. Hail the dwarven homes.

It is way more an important improvement for me than bridges. Now I know why I have a hall under one of our deeds :D

Take your time finishing it, no I can wait..... now I can wait

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:ts

cavehouse.jpg

A kingdoms passing

This week we all received the news that the HOTS pmk  Black Legion, on Chaos has been disbanded and removed. Black Legion was founded in early 2014, and was of course the kingdom with the widely recognised black banners and wagons. We congratulate the other kingdoms for their *victory*, and wish those from the Black Legion good luck in their revenge!

Freedomers sailing in a row boat with cloth armor put up more fight

• Like 2

this will make wurm the best sandbox game out there, please allow token placement and underground farming/trees 

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Niki said:

this will make wurm the best sandbox game out there, please allow token placement and underground farming/trees 

Just need underground clay + tar and we will never have to surface! :D

Will there also be vegemite sandwiches in that house down under?

• Like 8

So...On PvP servers we will have houses on top of reinforcements with no way of catapulting? 

bet they let you put a token down there.

8 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Will there also be vegemite sandwiches in that house down under?

Served by a man in Brussels? 6 foot 4 and full of muscle?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Firestarter said:

Served by a man in Brussels? 6 foot 4 and full of muscle?

Do you speak'a his language?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

You live WHERE?!

Now normally I don't showcase features unless they're coming in soon, but with Wurm Unlimited update, there was a slight surprise in the code, so I'm giving you all a sneak peek of a feature that Tich is working tirelessly on... Underground homes! That's right, all you dwarven types and cave dwellers will be able to get cosy underground. This feature is a major work in progress, so there is currently NO ETA on when it will go live, but it looks like it will bring a bunch of other awesome things our way too. So stay tuned for further updates as time goes on, but until then here's a sneak peek at them.

Reveal hidden contents

cavehouse.jpg

Now all we need in this game is beer and we can start a proper dwarf fortress :P

• Like 5

I just hope this also means we will have 100% protection for reinforced tiles.

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

I just hope this also means we will have 100% protection for reinforced tiles.

why, afraid a tile will collaspe inside your house and you'd be trapped with no pick lol

• Like 1

How about allow it to pvp but only on deeds? Wouldn't that be reasonable? Seems like a fun feature that all servers should get to use, you could build a house in your vaults for example. I really don't think they are going to separate code for game play features. Just my 2 cents coming from a PvE perspective.

houses in caves better not get added to pvp servers it will literally break the game, you can't catapult a house that is surrounded by reinforcements.

On 23/1/2016 at 0:43 PM, Mclovin said:

So...On PvP servers we will have houses on top of reinforcements with no way of catapulting? 

bet they let you put a token down there.

1 hour ago, TradingAlt said:

houses in caves better not get added to pvp servers it will literally break the game, you can't catapult a house that is surrounded by reinforcements.

^^ what these guys said

On 23/01/2016 at 5:35 PM, Nightfall said:

Don't add it to pvp servers, it'll get abused so hard

2 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

^^