Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

The main drawback i see is it cuts out alot of just jumping on ur horse and going for a roam.

Again... active players are required.

And yes attacking fortified positions head-on does leave the defenders in a favorable position.

Anyways, aye the map strongly favors ships, so it would be nice to have enhancements in that area. Sailing skill with timed velocity and turn modifying-actions, better animal shipping, and ship-borne siege weapons to name a few examples.

Yea lets spend development time and change the whole gameplay instead of changing the bloody map.

Again... active players are required.

And yes attacking fortified positions head-on does leave the defenders in a favorable position.

Anyways, aye the map strongly favors ships, so it would be nice to have enhancements in that area. Sailing skill with timed velocity and turn modifying-actions, better animal shipping, and ship-borne siege weapons to name a few examples.

As an owner of a Fo priest I love this map.  I will make millions of Silvers casting my dirt spell into a bucket and selling it to people who need land!

• Like 1

Mate, I meant what I said about player vs deed, it's boring and people who bother to setup a good twitter system for their alliance will always be able to get defenders ondeed even if the whole alliance is offline. Like heck, we popped bloodmoon lagoon once and Mr Gary was organising a response in the then MR vent in minutes. Cmon now

How can gary organize a defense in vent when he doesn't speak?

• Like 1

I dunno, we weren't listening just looking at names in channels, sign language I guess huehuehue

It is hard to judge a server map from just a picture.

A 2 week run as a challenge server map would test it out better before it gets implemented .

It is hard to judge a server map from just a picture.

A 2 week run as a challenge server map would test it out better before it gets implemented .

No it wouldn't, challenge is a different playstyle, just like epic is a different playstyle, and chaos is a different playstyle.

In explaining it without being rude, picture it like playing Civilization V.

Challenge, for instance, is like being forced on two islands, limited to one city, with super slow research and super fast unit creation. In wurm, this correlates to Raw PvP, there are no other avenues for you to really enjoy.

Epic, is like being restricted to half the world, with slightly faster research and slightly faster unit creation. In wurm, this correlates to having the ability to skirmish openly, often, and retaining the avenues of entertainment that are you offered to you on Chaos. It's a very good balance.

Chaos is like the whole world, with slow research and very slow unit creation. In wurm, it correlates to not having as many skirmishes, retaining every avenue of play outside straight up raw PvP, and focusing on the conquest.

Forcing a HOTA, Raw PvP centric map on another cluster, like Epic or Freedom will do nothing but kill off the other avenues of entertainment that the core of the game provides them, that are encouraged by the current skillgain, meta, maps, and playstyles.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I am sorry I was thinking that this new reset would help us have a larger fighting field and that is not the case this map is very bad for epic. It seems like you are trying to kill it for some reason. please do not kill epic make the middle island a lot bigger. There is no place to get horses from. And hell horse do not go in water and that is what we use in hota and most of our fights. This map still needs a lot of work it is not even close to being ready to use yet. I do hope you think about it before you do. Stand back take another look at what we are all saying. It is mostly the same stuff. We are all agreeing and most of us do not like each other that should tell you something there too.

• Like 3

also, this update can only be seen on the forums, the news section of the mainportal is not updated.

C'mon Ralf, we deserve better than this. Think of the poor children. This is what I was thinking when I saw the new Elevation server:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

• Like 2

Here are some quick points that I would make to make this map better.

1. Increase the size of the middle island. This island needs to be slightly bigger than current Elevation. This gives the ability to have multiple kingoms and allows for nice roaming.

2. Move (OR remove) the starter deed away from HoTA. If you have a hota deed, people will just run to the hota deed when they feel threatened. A starter deed that close only takes away PVP.

3. Do not make this challenge. Challenge was a huge fail and no one wants that on Elevation as a permenant thing. A challenge event that happens once every few months would be neat.

• Like 4

C'mon Ralf, we deserve better than this. Think of the poor children. This is what I was thinking when I saw the new Elevation server:

• Like 2

I don't have much opinion on the map since I don't play PvP, but it does look nice whether it functions well or not. Did you notice that the news wasn't posted to the website like usual?

Can't wait for bridges! The rope ones look really cool, very Indiana Jones-esq. And nice snazzy new weapon models. I'm still confused by the whole deity thing, lol. Congrats to Tosiek and all his new followers... I'll just stick with Fo!

Did you notice that the news wasn't posted to the website like usual?

Whoops thanks for reminding me!

• Like 1

Mate, I meant what I said about player vs deed, it's boring and people who bother to setup a good twitter system for their alliance will always be able to get defenders ondeed even if the whole alliance is offline. Like heck, we popped bloodmoon lagoon once and Mr Gary was organising a response in the then MR vent in minutes. Cmon now

wat I haven't been in any mrc voice comms in like 4 years, certainly not while twitter for deeds was a thing

• Like 1

Or I will be out of here:

giphy.gif

Damn, you beat me to it.

tl;dr this thread and see GIF.

Guys, guys, guys, check it out. I fixed the map. We're gonna double the size and it'll be like this:

Get yer bow

TTJuL0y.png

• Like 2

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8

Do you hear the people sing?

Edited by Entendu

Is there a world you long to see?

THEN JOIN IN THE FIGHT THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE FREE!!!

It was supposed to be a big island in the middle and smaller islands on the sides, this is not good..

Is the total landmass even bigger or is it just more water?

please change it..one big island in the middle that is bigger than the one we got today..

Edit:

And how are we supposed to come into action at Hota if we die and spawn there, if resstone dont work we are naked, if it works we are on foot.. eather way its like giving the enemys another affinity and loosing more skills..

And are you going to make hell horses swim , not that they are nessesary but alot of the ppl use them as main horses, just curious.

Edited by Exor
  • Like 1

I highlighted the island to compare current elevation.

257601f823.jpg

Original overlay image provided by Zekezor.

Just way too small.

• Like 2