Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

Well since theirs water world now, Can we have cannons on boats now?

just because there is a lot of water doesnt mean there is going to be a lot of boat fights

• Like 1

just because there is a lot of water doesnt mean there is going to be a lot of boat fights

removing conquest and forcing HOTA to be the primary PvP event, cuts down on the majority of avenues of entertainment, especially with the lack of unique landmasses to encourage deedbuilding.

Not to mention im not sure why the map is even this size if over 80% of it is unused.

• Like 2

removing conquest and forcing HOTA to be the primary PvP event, cuts down on the majority of avenues of entertainment, especially with the lack of unique landmasses to encourage deedbuilding.

Not to mention im not sure why the map is even this size if over 80% of it is unused.

I agree with propheteer.

Conquest needs to be the primary objective % land control should give a kingdom a bonus (double for pmk as they can actually die) This can be as simple as double sleep bonus (ele only) Hota is lame imo it's an excuse to pvp rather than an opportunity. 

Although people seem to be hating on this map i rather like the large portion of water but additional land masses or a lager central island would be good.]

edit

what i would like to see is no spawn deeds, that way the map wouldn't be fixed it could chnage an move at any point the king creates a capital thats a good enough place to spawn for it's bonus. Risk for the reward.

I would also like to see no free to play on this server.

Edited by JockII

That map... when the teamspeak saw it everyone cried out in synch "oh my god"... and not in a good way.

Edit: we were looking forward to a larger continent to fight on with possibly large rivers cutting through and some mountains etc similar to chaos.... everyone is severely dissapointed on ts right now... litterary noone likes it... not even remotely.

Edit2: Where the hell are PMKs gonna live?

Edit3: Where on earth is the players gonna fight? you basicly deleted the massive battleground that was elevation and replaced it with a freeking mini hota and more home servers.

Edit4: Where are we even gonna get horses and ###### for hota? what the hell...

Edit5: Players from chaos are litterary joining the epic teamspeak just to laugh about the map... Laughing.

Edit6: The landmass is LITTERARY smaller than elevation atm... SMALLER! WITH 4 TIMES SIZE!

Edit7: Elevation is not all about hota. hota is a tiny thing we do among all the NORMAL warfare... that map removes all normal warfare and basicly just leaves home-server-style raiding at islands... which we already got... we dont want more of it.

Edit8: This map can be summarised as "Home servers with a hota island."

Edit9: You pretty much removed land roaming... one of the major things people do on elevation..

Edit10: [22:14:34] <Bear> sailing around for 5 hours with unraidable deeds on the outer islands and mountain deeds on the hota island which will also be unraidable: the game

Someone's a fan of Kevin Costner.

Waterworld-1995-movie-poster.jpg

In before the Jetski Bikes.

As for the Horses: Bridges. Hey all new interesting thing, fighting to prevent the enemies from corssing the bridge from their deed to yours.

I'm laughing so hard atm. I mean if there ever was a news post that showed how out of tune Wurm is, this is it boys.

Their religion will have a relatively random mix of spells which should hopefully bring out a fun and interesting combination which is not considered overpowered versus the other deities.

My favorite quote. Pretty much the sum of all fears from previous thread about the diety. They don't know, and don't care what is the outcome. Balance? Who gives a hell? Random ftw.

I'm laughing so i don't cry from anger at myself from thinking it was a good idea to play this for so long.

My favorite quote. Pretty much the sum of all fears from previous thread about the diety. They don't know, and don't care what is the outcome. Balance? Who gives a hell? Random ftw.

I'm laughing so i don't cry from anger at myself from thinking it was a good idea to play this for so long.

You could always, you know, quit playing?  If you hate it so much why bother?  Just go find something else you enjoy and leave the rest of us in peace. :)

• Like 1

You could always, you know, quit playing?  If you hate it so much why bother?  Just go find something else you enjoy and leave the rest of us in peace. :)

The balance isn't pertinent to me, so your opinion and expertise on the issue it directly relates to is irrelevant. But I can assure you, if anything arrives that directly affects freedom that could seriously affect the core gameplay style of our server, ill definitely point out why its bad and cry about it.

- Freedom

Or you could always, you know, quit playing? If you hate anything about this game, why bother? Just go find something else you enjoy and leave the rest of us in peace. :)

its like freedom wanted sorcery but no the valrei pillars, i cant quite POSSIBLY wonder why

Edited by Propheteer

The balance isn't pertinent to me, so your opinion and expertise on the issue it directly relates to is irrelevant. But I can assure you, if anything arrives that directly affects freedom that could seriously affect the core gameplay style of our server, ill definitely point out why its bad and cry about it.

- Freedom

Or you could always, you know, quit playing? If you hate anything about this game, why bother? Just go find something else you enjoy and leave the rest of us in peace. :)

its like freedom wanted sorcery but no the valrei pillars, i cant quite POSSIBLY wonder why

How is my opinion irrelevant?  I mean maybe to you specifically it doesn't matter, but that doesn't make it wholly irrelevant.  The context seems off.

Sure if you want to complain and stress over it, that's always an option, however I've only tried to recommend a different approach that is completely valid if you so choose it.

One more confusing issue here; how come you quoted me in the end without actually quoting me?  Was it a snarky response or just you choosing some of my words of wisdom because I was correct in saying it?  Again, the context seems off and I'm confused.  Explain if you would please.

Edited by Slickshot

for every one that thinks this map sucks.. here is a game u might like

http://www.neopets.com/

I'm a multimillionaire on that game, or I was like 12 years ago...

• Like 4

No, sharks instead pls

make it were we can ride dolphins

And hitch them to boats and ships  :D

Very nice I have been calling for a island server off and on for PvE Freedom servers for years.... nice to see one even if its for pvp.  Look forward to bridges thank you for the hard work and I pray nothing short of death of the internet can stop it form release, as I fear that should bridges fail to release again it could very nearly drop player level to a death level. 

• Like 2

Very nice I have been calling for a island server off and on for PvE Freedom servers for years.... nice to see one even if its for pvp.  Look forward to bridges thank you for the hard work and I pray nothing short of death of the internet can stop it form release, as I fear that should bridges fail to release again it could very nearly drop player level to a death level. 

Hardcore Wurmians don't die, we just keep imping :ph34r:

I'm wondering what the longest bridge can be, how many dirt islands will it take to make bridges to hota island from the MR island?

Yea lets spend development time and change the whole gameplay instead of changing the bloody map.

Klaa legitimately doesn't play, as much as he tries to persuade you otherwise and doesn't do much beyond making suggestions that would take YEARS for rolf to make.

Annnd that's bad why?

Some players are aware theres more devs than just Rolf.

Mate, I meant what I said about player vs deed, it's boring and people who bother to setup a good twitter system for their alliance will always be able to get defenders ondeed even if the whole alliance is offline. Like heck, we popped bloodmoon lagoon once and Mr Gary was organising a response in the then MR vent in minutes. Cmon now

Again... active players. Indeed offline deeds are boring (aka cakewalks); however, one works with what they have, and what strategy dictates.

• Like 1

Tameable rideable sharks new meta

undeadonraptoronsharkwithfrickinlaserbea

Edited by Klaa

Annnd that's bad why?

Some players are aware theres more devs than just Rolf.

It's bad because you post 100x more about pvp stuff than the ppl that actually pvp.

You cloud up the message that real pvpers need to get to the devs. They prob just skip over ur posts now anyways lol?

Might sound harsh but this map will affect how we spend alot of hours playing over the next many years.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

It's bad because you post 100x more about pvp stuff than the ppl that actually pvp.

You cloud up the message that real pvpers need to get to the devs. They prob just skip over ur posts now anyways lol?

Might sound harsh but this map will effect how we spend alot of hours playing over the next many years.

Yeah i never even read klaa's posts anymore.

Might sound harsh but this map will effect how we spend alot of hours playing over the next many years.

I doubt they even reached klaa's post at this point. Its 13 pages of "I hate the new ele map". 

I doubt they even reached klaa's post at this point. Its 13 pages of "I hate the new ele map". 

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

It sounds like there is some work that may need to be done to improve the map.

However that would, if it happens, cause some delays to the release of the new Elevation map.

Would a week or so be acceptable in that case? Nothing confirmed or anything yet as I would have to speak to Rolf but it would be the only way at this point.

Hah! Classic sign of failed rhetorical arguments.... when one resorts to the ad hominem fallacy. Though I should never stop an opposing player from making mistakes...

Its bad manners :D

Anyways, aye theres been so much forum rage over the new map its been delayed according to Wossoo. So another week of dev time taken up at least. Let alone waiting for a new map, and the traditional quirks that pop up on launch.

EDIT: Unfounded rumor spreading ingame apparently

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1