Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

"the central island is fully covered by a no-spawn zone for free accounts to prevent people abusing them to interfere with HoTA. "

They are pretty much unraidable if they are placed on the pillars in the ocean.

If they are not, they are going to be the only source of PvP other than hota, which isn't pvp most of the time, and boats if people manage to run into each other.

So with this map you get the two worst types of pvp, boat combat which is horribly buggy with massive positioning errors, invisible players, and is heavily imbalanced towards one kingdom, and raids which are really the most boring type of PvP.

You eliminate the ability to go out from your deed whenever you want and roam, you eliminate territory control, you eliminate pretty much all open field battles, you make GM deeds right outside the hota so there are some 100% safe places for people to run to and spawn alts from.

Forcing people to break the "pvp meta" by making them play with broken and imbalanced mechanics while eliminating their ability to easily go out and PvP is not a good change.

A change like this map is worse than no change at all.

You focus on what playstyles will be lost, and assume what is left over is all we will have.  It is very likely new types of meta pvp playstyles will emerge, but next to impossible to predict what they will be like (gotta love sandboxes), or even if they will be an improvement.  we just don't know.  My point of view is that a small chance of improvement is better than the sure death of status quo.

• Like 1

You focus on what playstyles will be lost, and assume what is left over is all we will have.  It is very likely new types of meta pvp playstyles will emerge, but next to impossible to predict what they will be like (gotta love sandboxes), or even if they will be an improvement.  we just don't know.  My point of view is that a small chance of improvement is better than the sure death of status quo.

What was wasn't working so a change is what was needed.

I'm so sorry for Elevation players.

Also,

• Work a really long time to add bridges to the game.
  • Make a new map without rivers and release it.
Say WHAAATT!?.

If that is the future for new maps, they could as well have skipped on the massive chunk of work that is bridges. Seriously now! :P

• Like 2

Maybe it will bring more players from the homeservers onto the elevation server =] and more ppl travelling to the center for hota is nice... also retreat is harder because they dont have unlimited land to run away on or tons of caves to hide on... when you show up in the middle its game on ;) It will be interesting to see who owns that north west hota mountain though :) and if u want more land... aren't there wands that create land? lol 

*giggles and laughs so hard he can barely type* 

I love the map :) I can't wait to see who builds the land bridges from jkh islands to hota :) jkh only ones insane enough to do it ;) 

• Like 2

also retreat is harder because they dont have unlimited land to run away on or tons of caves to hide on... when you show up in the middle its game on ;) It will be interesting to see who owns that north west hota mountain though :) and if u want more land... aren't there wands that create land? lol 

*giggles and laughs so hard he can barely type* 

I love the map :) I can't wait to see who builds the land bridges from jkh islands to hota :) jkh only ones insane enough to do it ;)

• Like 1

They got starter deeds ya dummy, its like a minute ride to safety... its the opposite of what you think, the center is super safe.

Its challenge round 1 all over again, Start deeds right outside hota. Respawn run back out

I guess if there is no land to pvp on... you'll just have to raid the home servers more often... yay more ppl involved in pvp =]

I guess if there is no land to pvp on... you'll just have to raid the home servers more often... yay more ppl involved in pvp =]

• Like 1

I've come to realize the full potential of this map

I can finally live my life long dream of gunning someone down on my caravel

• Like 6

"the central island is fully covered by a no-spawn zone for free accounts to prevent people abusing them to interfere with HoTA. "

What stops an alt swimming over and camping out? No spawn just means he's swimming and walking further.

What stops an alt swimming over and camping out? No spawn just means he's swimming and walking further.

or using a rowboat.

bring 4 alts in, drive back with the 5th.

log them out untill they are needed.

• Like 2

~_~

"Yay 2h+ freekin boat ride to pvp, not to mention the search, looking forward to it!"

you won't be able to play the new map the same way you played the old map.  everyone is going to have to get creative and change how they do things.

you won't be able to play the new map the same way you played the old map.  everyone is going to have to get creative and change how they do things.

Yea no , ocean everywhere. Sail freekin more. Lovely.

It's not like we havn't played like that before, its essentially the same gameplay as when you raid homeservers except longer travel times and no nerfs to stats upon arriving there.

• Like 1

Edit: Kelly T would love this map.

I resent that statement. This map looks like freaking garbage.

• Like 1

Yea no ######, ocean everywhere. Sail freekin more. Lovely.

It's not like we havn't played like that before, its essentially the same gameplay as when you raid homeservers except longer travel times and no nerfs to stats upon arriving there.

actually, that is the definition of playing the new map in the same manner you played the old map.  This new and odd map is forcing us out of comfort zones and requiring us to be creative in how we approach this.  I myself have a few ideas which might work for me, but i most likely will try really crappy playstyles before i find one that suits this map.

actually, that is the definition of playing the new map in the same manner you played the old map.  This new and odd map is forcing us out of comfort zones and requiring us to be creative in how we approach this.  I myself have a few ideas which might work for me, but i most likely will try really crappy playstyles before i find one that suits this map.

except, playstyles are limited by the game mechanics in play, and seeing as how those mechanics haven't changed in like 7 years, its not adding any, its removing them.

it will encourage the shittiest style of pvp possible, thats what for certain it will do, and PMK's will never be able to attend HOTA.

You will never be able to catch up to another sailboat or knarr if they don't want you to, and you will never raid valrei spires in the middle of an ocean. It will encourage leveling things, which makes people quit, and it will encourage karma teleporting, which is completely cheese.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Why do you keep saying the same thing over and over? We get it, we need to be creative about our playstyle. For example, we could play other games alt-tabbed while waiting for the boat to autopilot to hota and back every other day lol.

11.jpg

No, its not about finding a new playstyle. The sad part is, NO PVP PLAYSTYLE   fits this map. Sailing around pvp does not fit this map because there is simply TOO MUCH water, too many possible routes to take, and very unlikely to find anyone. Land pvp playstyle does not fit either, the only area this is possible is the center part of the map, which is much too small, and not enough room for anything but a simple hota deed. No room for pmk's, no room for expansion, nothing but hota hota hota hota hota. hota. We dont need that . Get hota out of here and make that middle area deedable and maybe itd be a bit better. Even then the center is no where near the size it needs to be. It should be at least the size of old elevation. 

• Like 3

No, its not about finding a new playstyle. The sad part is, NO PVP PLAYSTYLE   fits this map. Sailing around pvp does not fit this map because there is simply TOO MUCH water, too many possible routes to take, and very unlikely to find anyone. Land pvp playstyle does not fit either, the only area this is possible is the center part of the map, which is much too small, and not enough room for anything but a simple hota deed. No room for pmk's, no room for expansion, nothing but hota hota hota hota hota. ###### hota. We dont need that ######. Get hota out of here and make that middle area deedable and maybe itd be a bit better. Even then the center is no where near the size it needs to be. It should be at least the size of old elevation. 

Last i checked, BL Priests are best Boat PvPing priest out their, So their is a PvP Playstyle.