28 minutes ago, Chansbi said:

You do not even leave your deed anywho MrGARY.  So once you start hoppin out of your deed, then maybe you can, you know... Talk about PvP changes.  Anyways, does this Rift implementation spawn like Runescape-bosses or more of keeping it wurm style, like a champion troll or some such?

Can I have sum dat kool aid I'm awful thirsty from all dat salt.

My boy Chansbi makin people catch feelings in here

• Like 1

Quit oversalting everything guys. :P

Edited by Chansbi

On 5/15/2016 at 2:47 AM, bdew said:

On one hand it's sad to see CodeClub decide to go this way, exclusive content will not solve the core problems WO has and will just alienate the WU community.

On the other, if those rifts are really something interesting i'm sure we can reverse engineer and reimplement them. We already have tons of stuff WO doesn't and will never have, so meh.

bdew for president 2016

• Like 1

It'd be nice if the new pauldrons and necklaces got a toggleable option in the server options for "craftable rift loot". Maybe something like 2kg steel lump + gem = necklace. And maybe the pauldrons could be made from armour chains/plate pieces. I feel like the armour sets are missing a lot cosmetically without the pauldrons.

Mod idea?

+1 to not adding rifts directly to WU because I run a small server and we can't handle uniques yet, I have a feeling the rift stuff would be annoying similar to my small experiences on epic with drakespirits and other randomly spawned valrei stuff.

Otherwise, awesome update with the updated graphics and underground housing, excited for those parts.

How will this affect the development of the MMO?

• WU and WO share the same code, but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first and then release on WU, except when there are features that are more appropriate to try on WU first. Such changes may be added to WO when we feel that they are tested properly. When it comes to the client, the code is also very much shared and improvements of for instance settings or rendering will be available for both within a fairly short time frame.

So once again we are lied to. Is this surprising? No, there is a history of customers being tricked by Rolf so it should come as no surprise.

• Like 1

The self-absorbed arrogance and entitlement of some of the players around here is extremely putrid.

Edited by Slickshot
Clarity: Several WU players

3 hours ago, Slickshot said:

The self-absorbed arrogance and entitlement of some of the players around here is extremely putrid.

i guess this statement is for the WU player who thought they will take part on the development of the Wurm Universe...

just for you quacksalver: WE DIDNT WANTED TO REMOVE A GAME FEATURE LIKE YOU ALLWAYS CRYING FOR REMOVING PLAYER GODS! We just wanted to get a feature wich was announced without doubt that it will be released for WU too!

so who is really so arrogant that he wants to choose wich gamefeature is welcomed and which not?

and yeah i dont like you! :P 

Please explain? Your comment is without reference and so rather meaningless.

It's not often I am in agreement with you Slickshot but in this case I am.

You see, people who purchased WU are indeed entitled to the updates. That's what was promised and that's what should be received. I am glad that you are in agreement. WU purchasers are indeed entitled to receive what they paid for.

I don't think people have carefully thought out something. The promise made to WU about updates was stronger then the one made to WO about not shutting down servers. If we as a community allow solid promises around WU updates to just be changed after sale, how strong do you think your community support will be if WO servers are shutdown later? 

At some point people have to decide to hold the game accountable for what they say they will do. If you don't then you end up with issues like what happened with Fountain Pans and other things in the past. 

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

No rifts on the epic cluster please.

Unless they are only on elevation, the light is visible from the same kind of distance as the white light/black light, and there is some delay between the light first appearing and the rift 'opening' (like an hour or so). That at least might produce some pvp.

4 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Something I've learned over the years is that if you're unhappy with the way people around you are behaving, the most effective way to solve this is to set a good example yourself.

*smiles gently*

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Malena said:

Something I've learned over the years is that if you're unhappy with the way people around you are behaving, the most effective way to solve this is to set a good example yourself.

*smiles gently*

Certainly, which is why I don't act like I'm entitled to things that aren't mine. ;)

9 hours ago, Nappy said:

It's not often I am in agreement with you Slickshot but in this case I am.

You see, people who purchased WU are indeed entitled to the updates. That's what was promised and that's what should be received. I am glad that you are in agreement. WU purchasers are indeed entitled to receive what they paid for.

I don't think people have carefully thought out something. The promise made to WU about updates was stronger then the one made to WO about not shutting down servers. If we as a community allow solid promises around WU updates to just be changed after sale, how strong do you think your community support will be if WO servers are shutdown later? 

At some point people have to decide to hold the game accountable for what they say they will do. If you don't then you end up with issues like what happened with Fountain Pans and other things in the past. 

So I have tried to go through and reread all the news posts and comments about WU when it came out and I see nothing promising anything like what Nappy is saying.  If we are being honest Nappy has engaged in blatant defamation of a company because he feels entitled.  The company has many issues that I would like to see addressed and I believe some progress is being made in the right direction even if I feel that the pvp rebalancing should have been given a much higher priority.  But continual attacks on the integrity of the company are really something our moderators should really be stepping on, unless of course they are simply giving Nappy enough rope to hang when the company takes legal action to defend itself.

• Like 1

Here is one of the two relevant quotes:

How will this affect the development of the MMO?

• WU and WO share the same code, but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first and then release on WU, except when there are features that are more appropriate to try on WU first. Such changes may be added to WO when we feel that they are tested properly. When it comes to the client, the code is also very much shared and improvements of for instance settings or rendering will be available for both within a fairly short time frame.

Show me where in that direct and unaltered quote there is any reference to code not going to WU. Notice that it references code not going to WO.

This came from a Q&A with Rolf. It's posted on the Wurm Forums and it's mentioned on the Steam forums as well. At the time it was suggested by numerous people for DLC to be considered as an additional revenue stream from WU. This was rejected and not pursued.

For my comments to constitute defamation they would require making false statements with intent to harm the company.

In my case I have always been supportive of Wurm and I have wanted it to succeed. In this case the company is going back on what was included in the sale of a product when the product was sold. That's not false or misleading, that's fact.

• Like 2

Yes Nappy I read that and nowhere does it or any other communication say that every progressive update to WO would be added in its entirety to WU, that is YOUR INTERPRETATION. Your persistence in saying the company is altering terms of sale is in fact defamation is you cannot come up with a better support for your argument that the company agreed that every update to WO from the point WU diverged from it would be shared in its entirety between the two products.  If anything

13 minutes ago, Nappy said:

but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first

is the single most important part of that statement and would reflect the fact that priority and exclusivity would apply mainly to WO in terms of features and content.  It is at the companies discretion as to how much and how soon new features are added to EITHER version.  You can of course argue otherwise all you wish but without better support for your argument my statement stands, your actions amount to defamation and you are on far more shaky legal ground than Code Club.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but i'm TOTALLY with Nappy and the others on this one...

It does not matter how you read that statement... we ALL know what it says and what it means. Rolf yet again has lied and is using underhanded tactics to twist and misconstrued what was said at the time.

I pay for WO off and on based on RL, but i also paid for WU and love them both but when you sell a product and tell buyers this is what you are going to get with that product.... that's what you should get.

When it comes down to it you can twist this, " WU and WO share the same code, but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first and then release on WU, except when there are features that are more appropriate to try on WU first." all you want but we all know what it says and ALL know what it means.

We all love WO... so do i but lets not go down the road of attacking each other... because in the end we all know the truth here.... and so does Rolf and his team.

• Like 1

The problem is everyone is expecting WU to work like mine craft, 7 days to die, space engineers, etc.... games that where never a mmo but where made and produced as a standalone/self server hosting. You'll just don't get it WU is also a MMO and at any time Rolf has the right to close WU off from any more future updates he owns the rights the code to do this. Piss in a mans cereal to long and see what you get. If at any time his alternate product WU starts to hurt his main project he has the right to change and prevent this from happening. 

Rolf is the owner of the code you have on your machine minus the mods and if you would read your standard TOS which every mmo and game have you will learn something. The owner at any time has the right to change any thing they feel needed to change regardless of how the buy feels. 

You agreed to this the moment you downloaded the client WO or WU it is in there. And further more Rolf any moderator not supporting you you might want to remove there power. Looks bad when a moderator sides with the public over the company they represent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

if you would read your standard TOS which every mmo and game have you will learn something.

condescend much, mate?

http://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

Edited by MootRed

13 hours ago, Nappy said:

WU has been getting all updates. At this point WU is not getting one. So many mmo's implement stuff for premium player all time. You really expect to get everything that goes into WU forever? nobody does this anymore. Most games have paid DLC's. With These DLC's the base game always gets base game updates. WU has not stopped getting updates full stop...Just Rifts.

I know people are so pigheaded about this and can Quote 'But I should get what I paid for'. You did and more and now something new is added and people that play WO are getting it.

It's pretty rich, WU players get all the things they always wanted, faster skill gain and action times. So....many new mods that people have created, run the game the way you want to for free and still so entitled.

Once again though, it a minority here complaining..there has been 30k of sales on WU. Yes, most aren't still playing but you get the idea :)

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 1

Yes that's right... WU buyers ARE entitled to the things that were part of the sale of the product at the time it was sold.

WU buyers are not asking for anything more than what they were told they would get. Now was it worded wrong / badly ? ... maybe but that does not retract from an obligation that Codeclub agreed with with it's customers.

Players that play WO and not WU are paying for a MMO not a single player game....THAT'S what they pay for.

WU players paid for a none MMO game... that's what they paid for, plain and simple. But when you tell buyers that there going to get "The same code (New and old) as WO" and use that as part of the sale of a product... that's what you should get.

We can BANG ON all day here about how to read this and what was said... in the end it's all there in black and white and i think most of the people who paid for WU know they were paying for a game that would get code and updates from WO passed down to WU.

I remember most Dev's / CA's saying at the time "Buyers of WU will try the game out (saying that it's the same game as WO) and then might want to try out WO as it's an MMO".

"It will bring more people to WO and that's a good thing"

Will WU getting all of the same updates as WO damage WO ? ...maybe or maybe not.

Will using underhanded tactics and lying to your customer base damage WO and WU... i would say that's a clear YES.

Well if this is the way Rolf wants to run his game... good luck to you m8. When i paid for WU i told everyone i know about it and how good the game is... Hell i even gave it a glowing review on Steam and told players to go try out WO as well... but now i will say "BE WARNED... when dealing with Codeclub, promises made are not promises kept... even legal ones" 

english.gif?v=2
Wurm Unlimited Game Agreement
Agreeing to this agreement is part of playing the game. If you download and play the game, it is assumed that you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below.
Code Club AB is not interested in cheating anyone, and we'll always do our best to help resolve any problems that might occur. However, by purchasing or downloading Wurm Unlimited, you agree to the following terms:
Here is a brief non exhaustive summary to help you. However, please ensure you read the full terms and conditions contained in the rest of this agreement as it is those that you are agreeing to.
  • Wurm Unlimited is Copyright Code Club AB
  • The Game Client is supplied as is and Code Club AB accepts no responsibility for any damage to your system
  • You may distribute videos and screenshots at will from the game (and use the ingame music)!
  • You must agree to all the terms stated below. These terms may be revised from time to time and applied retrospectively to all accounts.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Wurm Unlimited is the copyrighted work of Code Club AB and all content is the copyrighted work of Code Club AB and its affiliates, and all use of the Wurm Unlimited game is governed by the terms and conditions as stated in this agreement, including any future revisions that may be implemented. This means they can change at any time any agreement
Use of the Wurm Unlimited software indicates your agreement with these terms and conditions.  All terms and conditions in this agreement apply retrospectively to all Wurm Unlimited use. You downloaded and agreed to this
Installation of this software allows you the exclusive use for playing the Wurm Unlimited game provided by Code Club AB pursuant to the terms and conditions in this agreement. You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the software and that the software is under the sole ownership of Code Club AB. This means you acting as if you are entitled to any code they add.
WURM UNLIMITED SOFTWARE

Playing of the Wurm Unlimited game requires the download and installation of the Wurm Unlimited Java software and the installation of the required java libraries.
You accept that the Unlimited software is provided as is and Code Club AB accept no responsibility for any damage, data loss or other problems associated with the installation and use of the software.

MUTUAL PERMISSION TO USE SCREENSHOTS, LOGOTYPE AND VIDEO

By accepting this EULA you receive rights to use the Wurm logotype, publish ingame screenshots or video capture in raw or edited form as per our Fansite policy:

Fansite policy
1. DISCLAIMER

The first thing is to make clear that your site is a fan site and not an official Wurm Unlimited site. The best thing to do is put a disclaimer on the front page somewhere obvious, or put it in the footer of your template if you use a template based site. Here is some suggested wording which you can steal if you like - just insert your own site name where shown.

Wurm Unlimited is a game produced by Code Club AB. Wurm Unlimited and Code Club AB do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, products, services or information available on YOUR SITE NAME.

YOUR SITE NAME is not connected to Wurm Unlimited nor is it the official website.

2. COPYRIGHT

The name Wurm Unlimited, the official Wurm Logo and other content are protected rights of Code Club AB and or its agents or its suppliers. You must give appropriate credit to the Game and the respected suppliers - if in doubt, ask!

3. USE OF GAME CONTENT AND IMAGES

You can use pretty much anything you like from in game, but please do not corrupt or alter anything in anyway that would defame or injure the reputation or business of Code Club AB or its suppliers. In the case of third party content such as game music, you may need to seek permission from the copyright holders directly before using their content on your site. Again, if in doubt, ask!

4. USE OF LOGO

You may use the current Wurm Unlimited logo, however it should not be used as the prominent title of your website - you should have your own logo for that. As we change logo from time to time, please ensure that your fansite carries the current logo.

5. YOUR CONTENT

What you put on your site is, of course, up to you - it is your site. However, if you wish to use Wurm Unlimited content your site must NOT contain anything illegal, libellous, defamatory, or obscene. That includes pornography, racist, sexist, ageist, or homophobic references, or anything that we would not allow you to use on the Wurm Forums – probably as good a guide as any.

7. MAILING LISTS

If you compile and run a mailing list, any message sent must comply with these Guidelines and state that you and the message are not connected with the Official Site. Perhaps use a disclaimer similar to the one above.

8. AND FINALLY

The golden rule is ASK. We have not nailed this down as tightly as most other games producers as we want you to enjoy putting your fan site together. But for pretty obvious reasons we also do need to protect our rights and reputation and those of the companies involved with us, or there won't be a Wurm to be a fan of!

So make a great Wurm Fan Site, and let us know so we can list it on our website.

Conversely, you give permission to the owners of Wurm Unlimited to use any screenshots, video capture or edited video material in promotional material (such as on the website or in advertisements) that you have made available either publically or to staff members.

Long story short this is the EULA you digitally signed when you downloaded the game if you need a lawyer to go over it with you then contact one. But put short and to save you money for a lawyer you are not entitled to any code "CodeClubAB" creates.

Arkonick this has nothing to do with some player agreement its still Code clubs fault to mix WO and WU news and 

NEVER

telling anybody that this special feature will come not down to Wu!

and the thing that till now not anyone excused from codeclub makes me really angry. Everybody can make mistakes but than i have to stand up and say sorry...but guess what...just nothing has been done, no even the people got told from all over the place that they expected to much! This is the same story im listening over the years when i started wurm and this is the reason so many people left! What all the People dont understand is that there are some really clever guys around here like ago,bdew and many other people and i bet they will make a much better rift system than codeclub could provide. If they just would work together they could both cc and the Community profit out of it!

just for example how often did i read in the Suggestion Forum that they would love to transport animals by ship and now some brilliant guy come up with a way to handle it! (Sorry to that guy but i allways forget your name...its to complicated to remember XD ) 

whatever dont forget we are a big family and just wants the best for the wurm UNIVERSE

And yeah i know my english sucks :P 

• Like 1