As a WU server owner I don't see a issue with WO having it's own separate content from WU regardless I understand what WU buyers are saying. I personally didn't buy WU expecting every thing from WO to come to WU cause that would actually destroy WO it makes it so no one would choose WO and would rather choose WU simply cause it was a 1 time pay and every update not including mods, So the way you WU players are looking at it is hay we want every single thing WO gets plus we want all our mods which would add way more content to WU leaving WO falling so far behind.

Maybe Rolf needs to apologize for the clarity of the statements but other than that he needs to add stuff to WO that is separate to keep it afloat. Rolf do your thing, moders stop complaining and learn to mod better. We moders and coders can add unlimited stuff and do things so much on a grand scale to WU that can put a hurt on WO. The only thing Rolf has actually been lucky on so far and I hate to say this and I know it will cause controversy is the moding community does not have that many real coders at this time so the mods are very simple an light weight an people are not getting a lot added to there servers. This is why I really see the complaint and the pointing to the statements cause new content is being added and items to WO and WU will not get it. Your server owners need to step up and start coding and find art developers to help you. 

I have been slowly adding some new items to my server that WO does't have does that make it fair to WO that it don't get my content? Do you see Rolf complaining? No the man is doing what he needs to do and what he planned on doing the whole time, he just worded it wrong in his statements a simple over sight and as a American I look threw the language barrier that the post might have not been worded in English the way I learned how to write English so there will be misunderstandings here and there.

Over time Foreverlands will get new items AKA models added as I have time to do on the side from my schooling and game studies an I can assure you you will never see Rolf complain about my Server Foreverlands getting content.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684018392

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684018446

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684018357

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684018357

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012930219/screenshots/

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Evening said:

Rifts and socketing gems - they remind me of features from other games  ...

That's my first reaction as well. Wurm's dropping the sandbox. Instead we start raiding for gear like in the other 465 MMOs on the market.

• Like 6

As long as I agree with you Nappy, Sir, I see rifts as an event, like TH, with its own prizes. In WO events are created by players or and WO Devs, like Enki, in WU events are created by their players and their Devs. So for as much as I would like to have Rifts on my little WU world, I appreciated someone who was smart to create such event for WO faster than me/us.

Woah! I guess I now have a more reasonable reason to log in and look at these rifts instead of just playing with dirt :D

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Rifts will also be a Wurm Online ONLY release. They will not come to Wurm Unlimited

Excellent news!!! Keep these bizarre fiends far, far away from the more peaceful and creative pursuits of the Wurm Unlimited servers.

Also hopefully even within WO they will not be sent to areas to harass likeminded people who just want to work around their deeds and local areas without even more mob assaults. Don't forget that not everyone wants to participate within WO's inferior mob fighting situations. There are other games much more suited to that aspect and WO makes little positive progress with its intentionally restrictive fighting mechanics.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Just to clarify too, these are rift based rewards, they are not the only way pauldrons will enter the game, we plan on introducing much more equipment based content down the line (cough cloth pants cough) and it will be available in a multitude of ways, with these simply being the first.

The jewellery and socketing items will be more like crafting, ring + gem = item, it's just that the rings will be collected via this system.

I'd like to see more high end materials and crafting recipies come from explorative and in depth playing, rather than simply being able to pump out dozens at high skill, so we'll be looking at what sort of things we can play with.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Just to clarify too, these are rift based rewards, they are not the only way pauldrons will enter the game, we plan on introducing much more equipment based content down the line (cough cloth pants cough) and it will be available in a multitude of ways, with these simply being the first.

The jewellery and socketing items will be more like crafting, ring + gem = item, it's just that the rings will be collected via this system.

I'd like to see more high end materials and crafting recipies come from explorative and in depth playing, rather than simply being able to pump out dozens at high skill, so we'll be looking at what sort of things we can play with.

Not too create inflammatory rhetoric, but, has Codeclub thought about turning motion imbues on? Not all the potions give the imbue bonuses

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

They are non instanced group events

Some more information is appreciated however I have more specific questions concerning these Rifts, such as...

1.) Will the Rifts drop/spawn/pop on Deeds or in close proximity to Deeds?  (And if so will Deed Members who died due to a Rift spawning on a Deed be able to respawn upon death at the Deed or are we going to have to travel back to the deed from another respawn point?)

2.) Will the Rift Mobs be able to destroy walls, fences, bridges, mines and/or items in the vicinity of the Rift? Is this going to be another Cave Bug feature (as when they dug mines themselves and borked up a bunch of player mines?)

3.) Will Deed Owner be given the permission to say No to these events with an option on the Deed Interface?

4.) Will Players who attend these Rifts be granted "permission overrides" to fully participate in a Rift even though a Deed owner at the Rift spawn may choose to NOT participate and not cooperate?

5.) And since the sacrificing of hearts of Rift creatures is required to advance the event, and since the sacrifice of a heart is considered an evil act in many real life cultures, and by some considered an evil act even in a video game and Taboo, are Deed owners going to be allowed to tell others they can NOT perform such an act on their Deeds or perhaps are Deed owners going to get an option box to check or uncheck whether rifts can spawn on their Deeds in the Deed permissions?

6.) And finally, since Players will now be performing evil acts on a regular basis on the Freedom Isles Servers is this Rift system also including allowing Libilia Religion and Priest activity on Freedom Isles non-PvP servers? Will we now encounter areas of Balck Light Influeence on the non-PvP servers due to the Rifts themselves or due to Players being allowed to fully participate in that alignment on non-PvP servers?

These are the questions I have and I would appreciate an official response from Retrograde or another Staff Member. Thank You.

Edited by geode

Retrograde what I would say to you and the development team is in every weekly update you fully state what features you are working on and let us all know which ones will be going to wo and which will be also going to wu.

Example beside each feature say WO or WO/WU so we all can plan ahead and let our servers know what is being added not everyone comes to these forums and it would help us out.

• Like 1

Rifts check for deeds, and i believe block buildings, they will not occur on deeds.

Also, The rift can be countered by means other than just by hearts. Whispers say the overloading of the rift with The Source can also achieve the same goals.

7 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

Retrograde what I would say to you and the development team is in every weekly update you fully state what features you are working on and let us all know which ones will be going to wo and which will be also going to wu.

Example beside each feature say WO or WO/WU so we all can plan ahead and let our servers know what is being added not everyone comes to these forums and it would help us out.

This is news for Wurm Online, we focus on community stuff, which does ocasionally include WU content.

We're looking at creation of a WU aimed update system though!

7 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Rifts check for deeds, and i believe block buildings, they will not occur on deeds.

Also, The rift can be countered by means other than just by hearts. Whispers say the overloading of the rift with The Source can also achieve the same goals.

This is news for Wurm Online, we focus on community stuff, which does ocasionally include WU content.

We're looking at creation of a WU aimed update system though!

I appreciate the answers you could provide. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

There's also a lot of people talking about what was "promised" with WU. This rift or invasion system is simply a Wurm Online only event, Wurm Unlimited will still receive most content that comes to Wurm Online, Underground housing, the new rendering system, and various other updates will still come, as will others down the line.

We provide the tools to players and server owners to create their own events, and will be looking at improving things such as the mission ruler as time goes on, as well as the modding API but in some cases certain features will be designed specifically for Wurm Online, just as some are designed specifically for Wurm Unlimited.

Most content does not equal all content. All content is what was promised by no less then the owner of CodeClub.

Oh, so rifts are events that are generated using tools that will be available to both WO and WU? If this is the case then you are technically meeting the requirement to provide all updates to WU as promised and you have just leveraged the tools in the WO environment to create an event called a rift just as you also have for events like Treasure Hunts and Horse derby's? If I have both of these statements correct then it means that you are providing all the tools needed already in the code to allow us to simply create our own rift events on WU.

Please confirm that this interpretation of your remarks is correct. 

If it isn't actually correct and what you've done is simply call a rift an event, when really it's a technical update to the product, then changing a few words to describe something doesn't release you from your obligation to fulfill the promise that you made when you sold us WU.

• Like 2

Well this thread got pages fast, Not gonna read them but im gonna add to this pile.

Rolf:

"WU Will receive the same WO updates, Just later"

Retrograde OP:

"Rifts are a WO Exclusive"

Way to keep your promises, Way to keep your promises. 

My opinion tho, It's not much of a content exclusive tho however if stuff like this continues, My opinion of WO is going to drop even more so. You know, When people ask me "should i try the original game", My answer has always been "if you want to" but if your going to keep things like shoulder pads n stuff just to WO, Im just gonna tell them no, It's not worth it because its a scummy business decision after another. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, akaedis said:

Well this thread got pages fast, Not gonna read them but im gonna add to this pile.

Rolf:

"WU Will receive the same WO updates, Just later"

Retrograde OP:

"Rifts are a WO Exclusive"

Way to keep your promises, Way to keep your promises. 

My opinion tho, It's not much of a content exclusive tho however if stuff like this continues, My opinion of WO is going to drop even more so. You know, When people ask me "should i try the original game", My answer has always been "if you want to" but if your going to keep things like shoulder pads n stuff just to WO, Im just gonna tell them no, It's not worth it because its a scummy business decision after another. 

Sounds like WU is getting everything just not event scripting, but WU is getting improved tools so can add similar events to our worlds

Retrograde quote

We provide the tools to players and server owners to create their own events, and will be looking at improving things such as the mission ruler as time goes on, as well as the modding API but in some cases certain features will be designed specifically for Wurm Online, just as some are designed specifically for Wurm Unlimited.

Believe WU is getting the better end of this stick, lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Niki said:

Sounds like you don't want new people to pvp or something. Epic has hardly anyone playing anyways, this is a good place to start.

It used to be that only a select few people in a group had an ada helmet at most. Now you see entire crews rolling out with full glimmer. If I were a new player, I would much rather go up against the former than the latter.

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The simple reason is because these buffs arent set in stone, most of them are aimed around making lighter armours (cloth, leather, chain) more viable in certain situations (one example i gave was a shoulder set giving a 15% reduction in slash damage).

meditation and sorcery make sense in giving bonuses

shoulder pads.... don't.  the best way to balance something is to make it not give the bonus needing balanced in the first place.  on pvp rifts will just get camped by whoever can push the other group away (which is going to be jk or rome atm, still would hope these things are elevation only on epic otherwise why bother doing them on ele right), and then whoever wins just gets to collect them all until they get the best ones for everyone

Edit: could just give bonuses like better enchanting in armor or something, stuff that helps but doesn't add to pvp

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 1

@Retrograde<-- You now have an added challenge of balancing another priest in the future PVP tweaks!

Yes @MrGARY! Why can't the socketed items help with crafting/casting? and NOT influence direct combat spells.

while we may not get rifts in wu, will we be able to spawn in the new items as gm?

3 minutes ago, Aum said:

while we may not get rifts in wu, will we be able to spawn in the new items as gm?

Should be able to since it's just an event. That means all the technical pieces needed to create an equivalent event will be in WU too.

1 hour ago, Fooligun said:

@Retrograde<-- You now have an added challenge of balancing another priest in the future PVP tweaks!

Remove the player gods. Balance is impossible in a system where randomly created spell-lists keep appearing. The current imbalanced set of deities proves this point. Can't wait to see what crazy selection of spells Paalweelr gets.

Do a poll on epic to see whether people support the removal of all the player gods and the disabling of the new deity creation system. As long as you give people free faith transfers, I bet you'll see most people agree.

Of course after this, you'd need to actually balance the original deities' spells...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nappy said:

Respectfully I think a key point was missed here.

The product was sold with a promise to keep getting the updates. It was part of the product. It's like buying a car, being told free oil changes for as long as you own the car then having that revoked after you bought it so oil changes are no longer free or even available to you.

It's not about getting things for free. We paid for the updates, it is part of the product. 

No offense here, but please shut up now.  For several pages you've been spamming the same complaint of a broken promise.  I'm honestly surprised those comments haven't begun to disappear for being utter spam.  You've complained and said your peace.  Enough.

WO is and always will be the parent game.  Expecting every single feature to be transparent between both platforms is ridiculous, and if any of those complaining owned a business they'd realize how asinine their argument is.  

These updates are certainly exciting, and if they hold up under testing they have a good chance of pushing WO in a positive direction.  That should be exciting for everyone, INCLUDING WU players.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 2

If WU were to get the same updates as WO it'll never have a modding api...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

No offense here, but please shut up now.  For several pages you've been spamming the same complaint of a broken promise.  I'm honestly surprised those comments haven't begun to disappear for being utter spam.  You've complained and said your peace.  Enough.

WO is and always will be the parent game.  Expecting every single feature to be transparent between both platforms is ridiculous, and if any of those complaining owned a business they'd realize how asinine their argument is.  

These updates are certainly exciting, and if they hold up under testing they have a good chance of pushing WO in a positive direction.  That should be exciting for everyone, INCLUDING WU players.

There isn't spamming when it's correcting a broken promise for an already purchased product. I didn't make the promise, Rolf did. I expect Rolf to speak up and if he needs to change his path then be good enough to come forward and state why. Form a compromise with his customers so that this can become a win/win situation for all involved.

After complaints aren't heard there are several more aggressive options that can be taken to see what can be done both publicly and legally. It's my sincere hope that saner minds review the situation and quickly do the right things to make amends.

• Like 4

On 5/13/2016 at 0:56 PM, Keenan said:

It was stated when WU was released that this was a possibility. Just like WU servers can have their own custom mods, so too can Wurm Online.

Yeaaaahhh....