Sign in to follow this  
mechanic

Reset the chaos map

93 members have voted

1. 1. Reset?

Considering I just started playing chaos for the first time id have to say -1  

also as for Eva's taste in music +1 xD and I don't even feel terrible!! Great band!! =P

Edited by brandycandy32

No explanation

But still it gets up-voted

Bitter thread posting

It's a haiku, just thought you should know

And then MR bombs it with -1s.

God damned US Congress up in here.

Also Eva, your music taste is terrible and you should feel terrible.

i dont put a -1 because i am MR, i -1 this because i don´t think chaos needs a reset. No KvK please.

The only reason the first Wild server got reset was (um) backups

A reset is not needed, a new map yes. A new map only brings people back into it look at elevation, how the pop changed. The current map is absolute terrible and the land and deeds even worse. But there are many other flaws in the pvp system, wild, and raiding mechanics/deed that need attention. 

-1 until the most severe downsides are fixed with pvp. Otherwise history will just repeat itself.

makes this game stable, not having to relog as soon as you get more than 30 people in local. Boattrips that makes your computer eat through 32gb of RAM. desyncs that you can never target the enemies. The numerious bugs about raiding/defending a deed. Alot of more to the list but what i could remember from the top of my head.

Until these severe issues is fixed there is not a single reason to do a reset/new map because we will just end up at Square 1 again.

• Like 1

i dont put a -1 because i am MR, i -1 this because i don´t think chaos needs a reset. No KvK please.

Sorry, maybe I should have quoted Naio.

I also -1'd the thread.  Bad ideas all around.

Johnny won't be here in 2 months.  Watch.  And if he is, its because he wants to spite what I say.

:v)

And Egard?

Same with him, maybe MAYBE 2 weeks?

Edited by Oreo

New map didn't really bring anyone back to Elevation except for a very small handful of returning players (I can think of 2 in MR and that's it). It just pulled in a lot of the people from home servers, depopulated them, and a few Freedom people came over then moved back to Freedom two weeks later. Now we're stuck with a bad map with fewer people per tile than before and a HotA that's an absolute dumpster fire (although Chaos' is already like that from what I've heard).

Be careful what you wish for

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 3

New map didn't really bring anyone back to Elevation except for a very small handful of returning players (I can think of 2 in MR and that's it). It just pulled in a lot of the people from home servers, depopulated them, and a few Freedom people came over then moved back to Freedom two weeks later. Now we're stuck with a bad map with fewer people per tile than before and a HotA that's an absolute dumpster fire (although Chaos' is already like that from what I've heard).

Be careful what you wish for

tbh i think the good part of Elevation was the size, meaning if action went down it didnt take an hour to reach the action like it does on Chaos or now in Elevation..

hey what's MR's land percentage? wanna know, my K/D in BF is 1.75

seriously though, this shouldn't be a KvK issue because one side is worried about the size of their digital manhood as represented by a stupid number (see above examples)

the deed warfare is ###### and any attempt to curb it is fine, but look at Ele; the map reset was only one of many steps that should have been taken to fix pvp, but it was the only step taken, and that is why Ele is still broken, not because the reset was a bad idea but because the other steps that needed to be taken to complete the project were not taken and once again the whole thing was half-assed

if it comes packaged with the fixes and following support to make it work, huge +1 (lolyearight)

The most active kingdom at reset will have the most activity afterwards. They will be ready with their start deed first and that very likely would give them time to actively delay their rivals. In the mean time they could slowly start expanding peacefully, as no land would be claimed. You are just more likely to kill Chaos than to boost it. There is no such thing as an equal start.

• Like 3

Why not… Would give me a reason to stop playing.

+1

• Like 1

-1 to reset

Lol to whoever this Naio is and his obvious attempt at trolling. Congrats to MR for their current control of a majority of the map but it has been for a very short timespan in the life of the server.

The most active kingdom at reset will have the most activity afterwards. They will be ready with their start deed first and that very likely would give them time to actively delay their rivals. In the mean time they could slowly start expanding peacefully, as no land would be claimed. You are just more likely to kill Chaos than to boost it. There is no such thing as an equal start.

I'm going to have to agree with these two (and others) on this. Wild and then Chaos is the oldest map in the game, with a long and rich digital history. I don't believe it's something to be thrown away so blithely. The Horde once held sway on the map, JK has held sway on the map, MR currently hold sway on the map. Of course the newest stage in that history is different from what came before, PMK's, the period of non PvP and the lure of the big, winning kingdom have all combined to help give MR a leg up. But just because they have been able to do this is no real argument to clear out Chaos and dump us all on a new map.

Just as the past periods of one groups dominance have led to game mechanic changes which have attempted to first create the kingdom system and then solve problems in those kingdom systems, so too does the current one point to what may need looked at going forward. Resetting or replacing the map will do nothing but concentrate the most active players from each kingdom in smaller areas. It may be easier to get set up as a new group for a small time, but once these once big lumbering kingdoms get dug in (much faster and more fortified than any new group), we will no doubt just see a return to the situation we have now, maybe not within the first year, maybe the banners will change, but it will come. 

Wild/Chaos experiences change over time, it may be slow but that is the game. We do not need a reset, we need positive enhancements to the PMK system which stop bloated Kingdoms from being able to form in the first place and gives more control to the people who are supposed to be in control of these Kingdoms. Almost every other alliance/team/corp system in other games has some kind of ceiling on size and more information on their members. Yes Chaos is a sandbox, but even sandboxes have some basic rules. For what it's worth these are what I see as the biggest things that need changed on Chaos (Plus I'd change the name back to Wild, we should be proud of our history not hide it behind a new name).

• Some kind of limiting factor on Kingdom size, deed cap and making territory harder to keep.
  • Full member list for Chief, ability to kick offline/offserver players (just make it like village member screen) and possibly who invited them.
  • New Kingdom title, would have chat moderator powers within kingdom/alliance channels (but not village).
  • Change the server arrangement, put Chaos in a more prominent position but not so prominent people are forced to pass through.
Edited by Tiu

• Some kind of limiting factor on Kingdom size, deed cap and making territory harder to keep.

remove teleporting, problem solved

I think the only reason why players want the Chaos server reset is because of all the Mol-Rehan influence on the map. However, I believe that when there is something a lot of people are against, then they will fight for what they want. And who knows, maybe in September, Mol-Rehan will get bored and not be as active, and that gives all those other kingdoms a huge advantage. Then, eventually, Ebonaura may control 95% of the server. When that happens, this same topic is going to be popping all over the forums. War in this game is a cycle, one kingdom dominates for an extended period of time, then constant fights over land occur, and the a new kingdom dominates, then we all start over again. The point is, don't start a topic that's gonna pop up every three years.

I think the only reason why players want the Chaos server reset is because of all the Mol-Rehan influence on the map. However, I believe that when there is something a lot of people are against, then they will fight for what they want. And who knows, maybe in September, Mol-Rehan will get bored and not be as active, and that gives all those other kingdoms a huge advantage. Then, eventually, Ebonaura may control 95% of the server. When that happens, this same topic is going to be popping all over the forums. War in this game is a cycle, one kingdom dominates for an extended period of time, then constant fights over land occur, and the a new kingdom dominates, then we all start over again. The point is, don't start a topic that's gonna pop up every three years.

When was the last time MR didn't control the map? 2010?

I voted yes, because after a reset, there will be much drama and it is entertaining.

A reset in and of itself is useless without a complete overhaul for the ruleset of the server. For example on epic with the elevation reset there was a temporary lift in pvp followed by a drop to the current levels.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the wild map, but more with the ruleset

Here are some options that may or may not help.

1: limit deed numbers. This can be done through a number of means. You can set a hard cap 10 deeds per pmk or a harsh soft cap first 5 at the normal cost per tile with an exponential increase in the tile and upkeep cost for each deed beyond the fifth. Either method would keep kingdom's more compact and reduce the spam of so called war deeds (misnomer they are placed to prevent pvp)

2: place a hard cap on kingdom membership numbers and add better kingdom controls ie a writ or an option through the crown to kick members and see maybe average weekly activity

3: never allow these smaller kingdoms ally unless the total population would not exceed that of the kingdom population cap ie a kingdom with 60 could not ally with one with 70 players but they could ally with a kingdom of 20

Now you may look at this and think that this is pretty awful but it creates more room for more smaller factions. It does mean that there will be inevitably be 2 or more groups filled elite players but the offset would be the unlikelihood of a full kingdom being online at one time.

In short a straight reset without changing the rules is the definition of insanity. It's literally changing none of the variables and expecting a different result

• Like 1