Sign in to follow this  
Valdor

Patch 1.2 Undocumented Changes

Hello. With every major update in Wurm, along with the officially released changes, there are always some smaller things that the developers sneak in to surprise us with. Great stuff. Sometimes, however, I am not sure if it's an undocumented addition or my settings suddenly gone to high heaven :) So, I double checked my settings and they seem identical to what I had. Given that, I can attest that at least on my computer I have noticed the following sneak surprises:

1. Oleander bushes have a new model. They look great now! I want them everywhere.

2. Grass seems more detailed and has a new look (more gray strands of grass, despite it being early summer).

Something new in the patch, however, is hosing my resolution suddenly to low levels, which is strange, as I though I had a supercomputer. I need to find out what it is so that I can tweak my seetings.

So, what other undocumented changes have you noticed, if any?

• Like 4

Hahaha we should definitely make this a thing for EVERY update big or small. Start an "undocumented changes" thread. God knows theres always more of those than the ones that we get told about :P

• Like 5

grass looks the same to me, but we have shiny plastic horses again. and if you have oleander on steep slopes they look kinda dumb cause their graphic doesn't go all the way to the bottom

• Like 1

Raging mobs aren't pink anymore, they look the same as regular ones. Not sure if this goes for all modifiers.

• Like 2

Hi all.

The lighting has been tweaked, and will continue to be tweaked until fully corrected, as for when it will be fully corrected I cannot say.

The Oleander model is indeed new.

Resolution is in your client settings, and have not been changed via the update.

As for the mobs not having their colour, I will have to get back to you on that.

• Like 1

Spirit Templars and Smoke from Lava mobs appear blue to me :)

Something to do with being close to water, and the angle you look at them.  Shader issue I'm thinking.

All skills are now shown, even if you have 1 in them.

Easy to see the affinity of alts.

• Like 9

Pictures of mobs in target window. Now you'll know that's a bear mauling you from behind.

• Like 1

As for the mobs not having their colour, I will have to get back to you on that.

Please don't be a bug. I would love 1.2 to be the end of the skittles generation of mobs.

• Like 6

Please don't be a bug. I would love 1.2 to be the end of the skittles generation of mobs.

I like it myself, though...I'd rather them be visually different looking (standing different, more aggressive looking, ect) rather then colors... But considering we don't have that... >_<

• Like 2

Reinforced cave walls received a new graphic 

mZWDs5a.png

Im glad they changed that again, looks way better. Cant wait to start trying things out again.

• Like 1

I got a new pet, her name is small crate, and she likes to eat bulk stuff.

I like it myself, though...I'd rather them be visually different looking (standing different, more aggressive looking, ect) rather then colors... But considering we don't have that... >_<

Oh yeah exactly.

new notification bar with the fancy first-time warnings and book of wisdom.

Large crates seems to have a weird creation chance, maybe it's a hard cap?

With 41 carp: 89% chance to make small crate. Couldn't start /continue on large crate (0% under unavailable)

With 75 carp: 94% to make small crate. 63% chance to create large crate.

Same material qualities. If 75 skill has 63% it should be possible with 41 carp unless it's hard capped?

Crates use carpentry to make, but maybe it's capped be fine carpentry? (speculation)

At 59.9 carpentry I could not make a large crate. At 60 carpentry I could.

My GUI resolution definitely was changed. The maps are prettymuch useless until I can get my GUI resolution back to where it used to be.

I actually like the blue spirit templars. It's gives them a more ghostly feel matching the name.

• Like 1

Something to do with being close to water, and the angle you look at them.  Shader issue I'm thinking.

I experience this issue as well, but would be hard pressed to get further away from water

anyone know if crates fit in carts?

They do. I am not 100% how many, but I seem to recall something about 3 large crates in a cart (compared to 9 in a wagon).

anyone know if crates fit in carts?

In large carts, they do.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/91955-the-crate-of-holding/page-5#entry968202

Large cart, 5 small crates or 3 large crates.

Wagon, 16 small crates or 9 large crates.

Cog, 51 small crates or 29 large crates.

Knarr, 75 small crates or 43 large crates.

Corbita, 85 small crates or 49 large crates.

Caravel, 100 small crates or 62 large crates.

Small crates 150 items, Large crates 300 items.