Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 2

Please fix tarred floor boards and lawn textures please.

What an exciting update!

• How the different parts are laid out and where the supports go.

This is what really has me intersted, as I was wondering how the supports would work. Since I have specific plans for my bridges, I was worried that the supports were going to show up in the wrong places, to ruin the entire effect. If I read this correctly, that will be up to the player? If so, it's awesome news.

The statue of Vynora! It looks great. I think I was one of the many people who suggested new colosus models based on the gods. And now Vynora is coming in. This must only mean that other gods will follow. I need to find space on my deed to build a giant Fo :)

Great work, guys!

PS: Having normal size statues of Vynora (and other gods) would also be great! The temples would finally come alive.

Edited by Valdor

Vynora statue is too big.

I think i speak for most people with priests:

We have our temples and such, but only altars, its about time we have a decent sized statue of our gods to add to our temples.

And its not that hard, you just have to scale up the models on the statuettes, add stone texture and voila. We'd be happy. But no, someone thought a Vynora Colossus would be better.

Quit complaining please.  As far as Colossus goes (this may or may not be a vynora colossus), we've needed new colossai for a long time now.  In fact I made a thread about it and the community voted on it, and one of the things they suggested the most were colossai of the different gods in the game.  The people WANT god colossai; you must be one of the only ones who don't.  Also, the devs confirmed on my colossus thread that they were indeed going to work on new Colossus models.  I say it's about time, and I'm excited for it.

• Like 1

I thought everyone knew the red dragon's fire came out the other end.

Looking very forward to bridges. The Vynora statue is looking good too! Like other said, I do still have a future wish for an arched wall fence or a fence with corner posts to facilitate an observation deck look that will hold a roof, IE: enclosed bell tower.

Thanks for the update!

Quit complaining please.  As far as Colossus goes (this may or may not be a vynora colossus), we've needed new colossai for a long time now.  In fact I made a thread about it and the community voted on it, and one of the things they suggested the most were colossai of the different gods in the game.  The people WANT god colossai; you must be one of the only ones who don't.  Also, the devs confirmed on my colossus thread that they were indeed going to work on new Colossus models.  I say it's about time, and I'm excited for it.

Not complaining, just because you suggested something and its "your" suggestion, doesn't mean that a smaller statue is way long overdue. And if you read a bit further you'd see i'm not the only one asking for this. In fact i'm pretty sure in the last 3 years i've seen more threads asking for god statues than asking for more collossi (which seriously, well, people need to compensate, i guess).

lol!! we've been asking for years for new ones of the gods.....:P

I can't wait! :D

• Like 1

However, to be honest, I started to kinda get tired of this. Teasers are good, they create an expectation and they keep the people interested. However, they are only good as long they hold to the promises and they are about things happening in the foreseeable future. But when we keep getting only teasers and no news about the real implementation (at least an ETA) it starts being frustrating.

/signed

I clicked on this to see if there are any ETAs, but got informed that there are even more new features being working on. Grats, you apparently employ more devs than Blizzard now :). Load feature? Brazier? Lawns?

There is ETA on the irc convo, it is on February.. and they hoping that the update include the bridges.

Not complaining, just because you suggested something and its "your" suggestion, doesn't mean that a smaller statue is way long overdue. And if you read a bit further you'd see i'm not the only one asking for this. In fact i'm pretty sure in the last 3 years i've seen more threads asking for god statues than asking for more collossi (which seriously, well, people need to compensate, i guess).

You said, and I quote:  "But no, someone thought a Vynora Colossus would be better."  Yes, MANY people thought a Vynora colossus would be awesome. Don't piss and moan on the parade please.

Great update thanks.

And to those moaning about this thread, it's called a Work In Progress, giving you a view in to what the dev team are working on, please don't expect hard and fast release dates, software development just doesn't work that way so I encourage you to curb your frustrations and just appreciate the openness of the development team.

As i'm on a pvp server how does destroying of bridges work?

Edited by Baultr

There is ETA on the irc convo, it is on February.. and they hoping that the update include the bridges.

No, they have clearly said that bridges will not be in february. It has also been hinted that bridges require 3D collision detection (naturally) which is a "huge" thing to implement...

Absolutely fantastic artwork on that colossus and the coding required to enable it within the game! Of course I won't be building one myself as they are simply too much work which I prefer to devote to other pursuits within the game. The bridges interface looks promising as well but by the same token I doubt I will be building many myself since I prefer a more minimalist and natural effect to my deeds. Beyond that point there is no indication of the materials required to do so, which may deter those such as myself who tend to avoid onerous building material requirements. Still, looking forward with hopefulness to see what the Dev's come up with in the future.

=Ayes=

No, they have clearly said that bridges will not be in february. It has also been hinted that bridges require 3D collision detection (naturally) which is a "huge" thing to implement...

oh right the eta was for the big update.. and hopefully they can get bridge in it if I'm not wrong? xD

From the Q&A:

[18:29:16] <Rolf> as a note we've happened to gather quite a lot of features which we are debugging and polishing
[18:29:38] <Rolf> the eta is somewhere mid Feb
[18:29:41] <Rolf> for most things
[18:29:50] <Rolf> not bridges though

what did ROLF- post yesterday ? i didn't see it , can we get a link to the post , thx

RE: Bridges.

Can I build say a 5 story high building, and at the exact same height 10 tiles away build another 5 story high building, then build a bridge between them?

Can I build an arched bridge that goes right over a low stone wall?  Tall stone wall?  Building?

Can I build a very high building next to the base of a mountain, tall enough to reach the top, and put a bridge from the top of that building to the top of the mountain?

Can a bridge be sabotaged, damaged to like 95% damage, wait for enemies to try to cross the bridge and smash it for the last 5% damage so they fall off?

Can a bridge be locked or blocked in some way so that only authorized people can cross it?

Can monsters or creatures cross a bridge?  

Can they attack a player on the bridge through the bottom of the bridge?  

Can arrows be shot from a bridge?

Can things be built or placed on a bridge? (Chests BSBs forges etc)

Can bridges be built mostly on a cart or in inventory until the last piece or two, like catapults?

Sorry if that's too many questions, I'm just trying to plan a good setup with this new feature but lack needed information.

Thanks!  Looking forward to bridges!

Love the Vyn statue :wub: 

Bridges are looking awesome B) 

Can't wait to use both of these new additions B)