Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

Keep Pristine Pristine.

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pristine to stay Pristine

• NO , link it on up
    • Yes, but no "On the job training" part.
    • Yes , with the "On the job training" part.

What made you come to Pristine?

Most would say Wurm 1.0 or new lands.

But what will make you stay?

For me its the fact that we all start fresh,

No old 90+ skill players who already have the market.

The fact that they can`t send us item,

Most would see that is what drawn us to epic.

Note: I am one of those 90+ Player writing this...

So...

Dear Rolf.

Please keep Pristine pristine.

Do not allow travel to us from other freedom servers , Do not allow them to mail us anything (perhaps allow letter after some HEAVY testing, CoD Mail can then be used to transfer money as we don`t like the Epic way).

Perhaps lower the cap of high-end aggressive mob numbers for the first few months (Trolls, champions ...) in favor of higher cap of low end aggressive mobs like rats (pelts please).

I heard a nice idea last night. - Allow travel from GV to Pristine once for tutorial and put a freedom stone at Blossom to allow us to travel with what we have on us to any other freedom map but with NO way back after, Thus making Pristine like a second tutorial but with an active player base (The guy used the words "On the job Training")

Thank you for reading thus.

Edited by axeblade346
  • Like 1

i replied yes with on the job training.

this is what i have been looking for a long time, a fresh server WITHOUT the 90+ skillers and items flooding the market.

to me, everyone in pristine is equal. i wont go looking to spend cash on a game that is 6 years old, knowing im going to always be 6 years behind in my characters progress compared to the ones that started at launch. so id MUCH like th current freedom cluster to remain seperate from pristine.

• Like 1

I agree it should stay like it is now for as long as possible... years maybe.

If it is moved into the rest of the servers too soon 80-90+ QL items and casts will take over instantly from the other servers and kill the market new players have developed.

I don't think wild was moved into freedom for a few years or so.

There's something unique about a new server and watching it grow on its own without the help of massive amounts of high QL tools and gear.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

I think that it should stay on its own until we get another new server then it should be moved over and the new server put in its place. I do not think that all the new people should be funneled trough the new server though they should be allowed to pick at the stone on GV like always.

I agree because this closes all the old "windows of opportunity" - if you've been playing this game for a while you will know what I mean. This corrects old changes and truly creates Wurm fresh for 1.0. Connecting that to the old lands will compromise the appeal of Pristine imo.

• Like 3

+1 on both parts.

I'd love Rolf not to give us a map of Pristine as well as long as it's possible.

Wild places, forgotten feelings...

And of course people should have the way to leave the server if they want to.

But, Pristine should stay as a symbol of Wurm 1.0, not to be another Freedom Isle.

P.S. I was wandering who and when will start this topic.

P.P.S. Love the vote results so far.

Edited by Icerus

I disagree on the 'on the job training' part as that will encourage players to mess up the Pristine server with their temporary shacks and mines which they'll casually abandon to head back to other Freedom servers.

• Like 1

Yea keep Pristene on its own isolation for a long while (maybe forever). I didn't see the point in coming here to make a deed at first but after being here and working on it for a while now I get the new feeling of starting fresh here. So after a while there will be people here who have built skills and made a market for them so if it opened to other servers all their hard work would be destroyed by the superior competition. The only idea I could see is that other new servers could be added to this cluster and Pristene could be the center of those.

If this is the case pristine needs to be separated from the freedom cluster, their own global chat and their own forum boards otherwise you are just separating the player base and it is funny that players cry about new servers added to the freedom cluster because it would "thin out the population" but they moved on over to pristine which is a pretty big separation.

It should be on its own for awhile yes but if its going to continue to be on the freedom cluster it needs to be connected.

So. No link it up down the line.

• Like 1

I don't like suggestions from people that don't spell check. Also -1. Should just re open GV if you wanted a f2p only server.

All those who are voting they should be linked, I'm interested to hear your reasoning. There are plenty of other freedom servers, why make this one like all the others?

I don't like suggestions from people that don't spell check. Also -1. Should just re open GV if you wanted a f2p only server.

But it's not a free to play only server. Lots of people have premium, and deeds, and multistory houses.

Edited by Jonzay

They should be linked, seperating a playerbase is always a bad idea, especially for a small game like Wurm. Even Epic and Freedom are still somewhat linked, but what advantage is there really to fully sperating pristine from the Freedom cluster?

For me its the fact that we all start fresh,

No old 90+ skill players who already have the market.

The freshness will have worn off after 6-12 months and at that point there will be new players with 90+ crafting skills on that server. Those players will be the new old players for that server from the point of players who join at that time. So the server would be no different from the existing Freedom cluster at that point and would no longer be pristine, would it? At that point what is the advantage to not linking them up? The only thing I can think of is less competition for those new 90+ crafters, allowing them to charge much higher prices than the Freedom cluster has, but that is at the same time a big disadvantage fr the consumers on that server so that goes two ways.

I think Rolf's idea of joining them up is the only good one at this point, it's just a matter of finding the right time to do it (for example 6-12 months so that server can also have developed 90+ crafters).

Also if they are kept seperate then what would you do when you add new servers? Add them to the Freedom cluster, or to the pristine server? The latter goes against the very reason why you are proposing to keep pristine seperate, so shouldn't every new server also be seperate then for the same reasons that you want pristine to remain seperate? Or are future new servers suddenly an exception? In other words, where do you draw the line on seperating the player base? I think keeping pristine permanently seperate would be a very bad precedent.

Another reason why player base seperation is bad can be shown by the following example: Imagine that person A has friends B and C who both play wurm, but B and C do not know each other. B lives on Indy, C lives on Pristine. A decides he wants to try the game out and play with his friends, only to find out that he can only play with one of the two because they are on servers that are not connected in any way, he would have to make an extra account to also be able to play with his other friend.

While if the servers were linked he could use one account and spend a few weeks with B, then sail to C and spend a few weeks there, etc. The situation with the seperated servers is a lose lose situation for all three players involved.

So my vote is for linking it up, after 6-12 or so months. But allow one way travel off the server right now, for those people who joined that server but want off so they can go to a server where they can buy good tools and greatly reduce their action timers. There's no harm in allowing people to leave it for the Freedom cluster if they want to, is there?

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

We brought some newbies to this server to skill up a bit, assuming it will be linked later and they will move to our deed on Chaos. Think there might be a few more like us.

• Like 1

put a freedom stone at Blossom to allow us to travel with what we have on us to any other freedom map but with NO way back after.

other than this i think its a good idea. remove uniques from pristine. then +1 but the drake and scale shouldent be allowed off pristine.(no uniques)

I dont think this would be a good idea because then we'd be seperating the player base even more and it would become too complicated for new players to understand how the servers work. Also just give this server a few months and it will be already as developed as the rest of the servers. Give it a year and there will be 90+ crafters and it will be the same as the other servers. Then people would start crying that they cant catch up and the cycle continues....

Plus rolf said it will be opened later so all the people who went there with the intention of leaving or something when it opens up would be very dissapointed

Edited by atazs

I said link it up, purely because that's what was advertised and you might have friends of people on other freedom servers on pristine expecting to link up one day. I'm sure rolf wont do it until a few people have 90+ skills anyway, in fact that would be my vote - link them up in 6 months when you've got some mad folk at 90+

By all means, make a separate one next time and keep it separate though, interesting experiment. As would a shipwreck/survivor server...

We can implement strip ports in and out now, without having any impact on other server either way.

That means you go in or out naked. You can't bring silver or skills in (until the new server is 'mature'), but you can take them out. You can moor your boat in the deep sea and swim in (using a boat road), but you can't bring your boat. It will be there if you want to leave.

The sole purpose is for character migration, so when you tell your friends to come play the game and they are on a different server you don't have to do an alt to play with them, you can move.

If each island is self sufficient, there is no reason to have trade other than the 90QL vendors wanting to monopolize the game. By banning trade between servers you are allowing each server to have a chance at creating their own 90QL vendors. For PVP this would be different because they should be fighting for resources and kings, but PVE is not a competitive game you do not need to take over the world, let others have a chance to be the goto guy(gal) on their island.

The same needs to be true of the next server after Pristine, that it is economically disconnected from Pristine, for those that did not get their spot on Pristine, can go have another try at a fresh start. It should not become a Pristine cluster, or the same thing happens that the higher QL pristine settlers go on to dominate the other islands.

I did not vote because your survey is poorly worded, on the job training implies this is a tutorial server like GV and people are expected to leave after a mandatory start there.

Edited by yarnevk

As a newbie I'm not really sure what on the job training means thus I didn't vote, but I'm fairly sure I fall into one of these. I've played for all of ~40 hours now, found it enjoyable so I grabbed some premium time. I like the fact that everyone is effectively starting from nothing and even wish they would have made it so you couldn't bring silver into the server because those guards seem to take out a huge risk factor of trying to settle the land.

So, personally I would like see the newest server always kept isolated so that there is always a some what if not totally new experience for new and old players alike as I wouldn't have stuck around more than an hour or two if I had been dropped in a world where everything was more or less established. So until a new server comes along keep pristine on its own, when another server comes along link pristine in and keep the new one on its own.

Personally i think, IF it's going to be combined, it should take a year or so.

This way people get 90 skills themselves before the market gets flooded by old-freedom.

In the end, i don't really care what happens, i do have a character on pristine yes.

Just what i thought would happen people from the other servers decided to vote.. We discussed this in freedom chat one day and was trying to think of a way to make it so only people on pristine could vote, but decided there was no way of stopping them opening it.

There are Freedom people that wanted to go to Pristine but did not like what they saw happening with the imported silver allowing for alt land grabs and the tutorial safe skilling free from mobs so decided not to join something that was not Pristine.

We have just as much say in how the game servers develop as anyone else because we might want to migrate to a new server ourselves if it was truly indeed an equal opportunity fresh start. And there are those who are mad they pay premium for years and not allowed to colonize, they should get to have their say by voting for colonization and shipping even if I personally disagree with them they have the right to say what they want.

A vote that disallows or disenfranchises voters is not a real vote....

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 1

Rolf had actually hoped that people who already had accouts would stay on existing servers to help support them instead of having large numbers of you going to Pristine. :P

I would have alted and supported both servers financially with premium alts. I voted to keep my money. But not everyone has altitis which is why I propose the limited migrations.

Edited by yarnevk

I see this discussion, this situation, from a different point of view than most, as usual. (I voted Yes keep it seperate, without special OJT.)

Firstly I will say I am not a NEW Player (customer to Wurm), and for the sake of this discussion about Pristine Server I personally think the New Player's opinions should carry more weight than established Players of the older Servers like Myself. This should be mostly Their discussion. My opinion should matter less than the new Player's does.

Now with that out of the way here are my thoughts about this Poll and discussion....

I said in another thread that I believe Pristine server should be for new Players primarily and I still believe that... in fact I don't think us old Players that have been around a while should be able to plant deeds there. Make new characters for new server: YES, Plant deeds: NO. Truth is though there is absolutely no way to enforce something like this unfortunately. I made a new character on Pristine, but I will never plant a Deed there. If I want a new deed I can plant it on an old server.

Why do I feel this way about this? Because Wurm has now been officially released, it's version 1.0. The People that CodeClub AB will be advertizing to are a different target group of Consumers than the one I am a part of. CodeClub AB's product should be targetted to them more than an old player / "beta tester" like me. They are the future of Wurm. New Content for Wurm should be made for them.

So to my way of thinking Pristine should be mostly for the new Players, deeds especially included. I also believe Pristine should remain seperate from here on out, Pristine should be the beginning of a new Server Cluster and a new beginning for Wurm.

So what about us old Players? Shouldn't we get to go to the new Server and plant deeds and go crazy like we usually do? No, I think we old Player's should stay on the old servers where we belong. Disagree with my opinion on that all you want, it's not going to change. I spent the last several days going over this in my head and I believe Wurm will lose more new and future customers overall if those new People know we old Players can go to new server(s) and dominate them and their new servers with our accumulated experience playing Wurm. It won't take new Players long to figure just how much faster and quicker we old Players can accomplish things simply because we know Wurm so well. So much about Wurm is competitive, and the new Players will see us having what they percieve to be an unfair advantage. From my own POV they would be correct.

So... even though I want to plant a Deed in Pristine I will not, even if every other old Player does.

That's my feelings about Pristine and what Rolf and the Staff should do with it. I am aware that Rolf has already said he intends to connect Pristine with the rest of Freedom, verified by Pristine being included in the global chat for Freedom, but he may change his mind. We shall see.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 2

I think Pristine should be connected to the rest of the cluster further down the road. I say give it six months to a year and it will be plenty ready. Reason being is that by that time there will be enough players with high enough skills and are settled in enough that the transition to hooking up the server to the rest will be relatively smooth. Yes, the economy will change somewhat but I wholly doubt that it will be that drastic.

Now fracturing our playerbase is not a good idea. Can anyone explain why it would be a good idea to have another Freedom cluster? And please don't use the tired response of new players not being able to be competitive in the market. What do you think is going to happen a year or more down the road? Are we just going to start making new clusters every year so that every new player has a chance to be competitive relatively soon? Wurm is a long-term game, new players need to realize this. If they can't see this, Wurm is not for them.

I can understand the concern about older players taking advantage of the new server and colonizing on it, but you have to understand that it's going to happen. Really the only way to combat this is for every new server that comes out to be separated from the rest of the cluster for a year or thereabouts so that it's not as economically viable to hold large parcels of land on a server that you won't be playing on (most likely). This would be a better approach than to create another server cluster, imo.

Why do I feel this way about this? Because Wurm has now been officially released, it's version 1.0. The People that CodeClub AB will be advertizing to are a different target group of Consumers than the one I am a part of. CodeClub AB's product should be targetted to them more than an old player / "beta tester" like me. They are the future of Wurm. New Content for Wurm should be made for them.

I lol'd. So we're not as important anymore huh? The people who have supported Wurm before it ever hit 1.0 now take a backseat to the newer players? No way. The way I see it is we're all customers and should be treated equally.

Edited by Laiwyn