Sign in to follow this  
Lulu

Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring.

To be honest, you can't really complain about not getting the SB and mind logic bonus when it is cast.

The only thing I'm sad about, and reason I don't think it's a cool thing to go cast Rite of Spring with your alt army of priests is, that it used to be a very nice community event.

It was giving people a reason to come together, everybody there set aside time for everyone, travel for an hour (or more) there and back, meet up, have a jolly good time, perhaps make new friends, and otherwise help each other out because of the opportunity.

For me, it's not about getting as many people as possible some mind logic and sleep bonus.

Now I just sit on my lonely island's porch and pout at the sea.

And that, in my eyes, is what is being destroyed. I believe that is the matter of the fact. Otherwise I don't see a reason for RoS to be changed. And you can't appeal to someone with voting for a ban on the forums, or insulting them for doing what they're currently doing. That's the best way to not get any RoS community event ever again.

/edit: Wooohoo! 100th reply! What do I win?

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 2

To be honest, you can't really complain about not getting the SB and mind logic bonus when it is cast.

The only thing I'm sad about, and reason I don't think it's a cool thing to go cast Rite of Spring with your alt army of priests is, that it used to be a very nice community event.

It was giving people a reason to come together, everybody there set aside time for everyone, travel for an hour (or more) there and back, meet up, have a jolly good time, perhaps make new friends, and otherwise help each other out because of the opportunity.

For me, it's not about getting as many people as possible some mind logic and sleep bonus.

Now I just sit on my lonely island's porch and pout at the sea.

And that, in my eyes, is what is being destroyed. I believe that is the matter of the fact. Otherwise I don't see a reason for RoS to be changed. And you can't appeal to someone with voting for a ban on the forums, or insulting them for doing what they're currently doing. That's the best way to not get any RoS community event ever again.

/edit: Wooohoo! 100th reply! What do I win?

This community doesn't deserve events. We just sit on our island porches, and pout.

It's okay though, it's not against the rules, so the people making the game a little more isolating for everyone is technically doing nothing wrong.

This community doesn't deserve events.

Uh, wow. I really don't know what to say to that, but it's a good thing you know what's best for the whole of the players of Wurm :o

Uh, wow. I really don't know what to say to that, but it's a good thing you know what's best for the whole of the players of Wurm :o

This issue has been around for six months, and our bipolar community can't seem to decide if anything should be done. So excuse me while I sit on my porch, and pout.

Edited by Dairuka

How about this time we all ask Rolf for the Rite of Spring to allow people to claim the 5 hours at an altar for one/two day after it's casted on a server, you know, instead of making yet another angry shame thread? GOOD GAME MECHANISMS >>>> GM ENFORCED RULES

We did, couple years ago, when this started...

This issue has been around for six months, and our bipolar community can't seem to decide if anything should be done. So excuse me while I sit on my porch, and pout.

Yah because the community deciding is going to make rolf suddenly care about that after 5 years

Well I used to have enough batteries to be able to cast rite of spring on demand had I wanted to. After two failed attempts executing a community event around it, I gave up. Since that was really the only reason I had as many batteries as I did, well the extra priests just found new homes too.

So I guess at the end of the day, while the game mechanics support the ability to cast on demand, the impact of the negative issues that would occur if I just cast it like Yellow Finger does combined with the inability to do a community based event meant that the best thing I could do was reduce the number of priests (premium subscriptions) I was maintaining for this spell.

~Nappy

I WANT MY MAYPO!!!! Yellowfinger is too funny. He yanks the chain and the bells chime. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXnSe7MYPGM

If this were EVE the huge griefer population there would have pinned so many medals on his chest he couldn't stand up. Something like this fits the CCP model exactly.

If this were WoW it wouldn't even exist.

If this were Candy Land everyone would get butterflies and puppies even if they were not on line. 

Edited by Sarcaticous

Sad this wont change unless Rolfs income dries up because of banning people griefing yellowfinger?

On that note, anyone know where his/ her deed(s) are located? I'd be interested in finding out how much dirt is needed to be dumped in perimeter to "fall" into their deed and test their deed settings extensively.

/discuss

Taking on the responsibility of a Game Master, we know that it is entirely possible that we will make mistakes, even mistakes that can cost Wurm members, that is why we work as a team with layers of internal review.  You may hear us use the term "Toxic" players in the future.  This will be for those that simply cannot be salvaged from their own negative behavior and negative influence on the game and community.  These sort of cases will always be heavily vetted by the team, as we do not take any of these cases lightly and strive to do our best with the tools we have.

Thank you,
Enki (Head Game Master)

There it is, I do think Yellowfinger would fit the classification as a habitual offender to the enjoyment of the game by a large portion of the community, Toxic?

Why, because he got some sleep bonus and you didn't?

This doesn't qualify as toxic, sorry.

• Like 2

Kinda sad I can't buy my old account back.

I know what you mean.

Sad this wont change unless Rolfs income dries up because of banning people griefing yellowfinger?

The majority of the game's population doesn't seem to care all that much, myself included.

Several easy solutions have been suggested in this thread that would fix the issue for everyone. Not just the few who didn't get to burn their SB in time but also for all of the players who can't make it to a casting, scheduled or not. Too bad that griefing is the only solution some people can manage to come up with.

Edited by Depends

There wasn't a planned cast, I don't know how you could be upset that Yellowfinger gave you something for nothing. Thanks Yellowfinger.

There wasn't a planned cast, I don't know how you could be upset that Yellowfinger gave you something for nothing. Thanks Yellowfinger.

He's the reason they're not planned anymore.... every time one was cast he'd ninja it the day before.

He's the reason they're not planned anymore.... every time one was cast he'd ninja it the day before.

You just made that up. Very recently there was a planned cast on Pristine that wasn't "stolen".

• Like 1

There was over 900 people playing I am sure a bunch of people got the 5 hours....no biggy.

You just made that up. Very recently there was a planned cast on Pristine that wasn't "stolen".

So he missed a couple.... Pages 3 and 5.

The Pristine cast was also done with less than 24 hours of warning, too.

It's sad.  We use to be able to plan these things a week ahead of time.