Sign in to follow this  
Runningoutofcreativenames

Blizzlike Cluster

new server cluster

• 5x exp rates
  • 1/5 action timers
  • more frequent server resets

http://wurmonline.uservoice.com/forums/12046-wurmonline/suggestions/4234411-blizzlike-server-cluster

I searched a bit and i don't know if this has been suggested before but I want a server with 5x exp rates and 1/5 action timers for actions that don't affect game balance 

like crafting, building, even fight skills could be curved more than they are

I don't want to wait for a timer. That's not how fun works for me. I want to get out there and do stuff!

and if you don't like it, the regular servers are still there, we can all have fun

blizzlike speed in Wurm would be like regular speed in other games

there are plenty of things to do in Wurm that waiting for a timer doesn't need to be the big thing that you do to have fun

Wurm could be much more immersive if you weren't sitting waiting for a timer, and were spending time playing the actual game

without this, i can not commit enough time to Wurm to start playing again

obviously this would mean more frequent server resets, but we cant pretend like they don't happen anyways, the only reason the timers are so slow is so that the game doesn't get stale, with the new models and features this isn't the best solution any more

this doesn't need to be a cluster with scenarios and missions and all that other stuff that's buggy and new, i just want old school PvP that i don't have to play the game like a full time job to gear up and skill up for

this is whats keeping Wurm from blowing up huge like everquest

pick that curve up and throw it where all the gamers are at!

i hope Rolf sees this

edit:

just to clarify, i am not suggesting changing skillgain speed or action timers on the current servers that people have worked so hard on

i know you guys are hardcore and spent all this time playing wurm to get so good, so you should reap the rewards of your time spent on the game

i just want to play wurm to have fun without having to spend as much time playing

again, faster speeds ONLY on a new separate blizzlike cluster

Edited by Runningoutofcreativenames

What, you want an Epic turned up to 100? Not sure what the point would be

• Like 1

What, you want an Epic turned up to 100? Not sure what the point would be

how much wurm do you play?

i want to have the same fun and do the same things,but play about 1/5 as long

i have a full time job now, i cant play all day like i did when i was unemployed

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, July 26, 2013 - acusation of breaking forum rules
Hidden by KaiH, July 26, 2013 - acusation of breaking forum rules

Go play minecraft.

i just got trolled by a community assistant

If you have time for a slow game, you play a slow game. If you don't have time for a slow game, you play a fast one. Not sure why the entire game should need to change just because you no longer have the time to keep up. Elite level players in ANY MMO will be those who put in the most time or the most money, you can't expect to compete without one or the other to contribute, sorry.

• Like 7

If you have time for a slow game, you play a slow game. If you don't have time for a slow game, you play a fast one. Not sure why the entire game should need to change just because you no longer have the time to keep up. Elite level players in ANY MMO will be those who put in the most time or the most money, you can't expect to compete without one or the other to contribute, sorry.

" Not sure why the entire game should need to change"

it doesn't need to change at all this is why i suggested making it on a new separate cluster

"you can't expect to compete without one or the other to contribute"

i dont expect to compete with players on the current epic, wild, or freedom server clusters. i want a separate blizzlike cluster

Edited by Runningoutofcreativenames

" Not sure why the entire game should need to change"

it doesn't need to change at all this is why i suggested making it on a new separate cluster

"you can't expect to compete without one or the other to contribute"

i dont expect to compete with players on the current epic, wild, or freedom server clusters. i want a separate blizzlike cluster

How about we not release a new cluster for every play style and fill up the ones we have already

• Like 3

so theres gunna be a

1x skillgain server cluster

3x skillgain server cluster

5x skillgain server cluster

and for the more impatient fools

10x skillgain server cluster

UHHH NO

We can't even fill 2 clusters, why the hell would we add another

• Like 3

so we need to create a brand new cluster for you? f that is the case i want my cluster to be 100 skill to start with this way no waiting at all.

• Like 4

i work a 45hr week and only play 3-4 hours aday if im lucky none at mo as im recovering from a car crash (one handed typing not fun at all) but i love the speed of it all and wouldnt want it to change at all and we need a bigger player base to fill the servers and spend the money on silver and prem before we get to adding more clusters other wise this game will close if they spend to much money on server rent.

next time think about your post yeah?

You are entitled to your own opinions but surely, the things you do not like are what makes Wurm the game it is?

maybe its time to drop the whole skillgain thing:

I want an instant-all-100-skill-server with dragons for everybody (well not for everybody - only dragons for me and a lot of dragons for me i mean)

Also i d like to suggest to revert the rare/fantastic/supreme thing to only make normal items once per hour.

:D

We already have such server, what you want. Fastest skillgain you can imagine, often resets can happen too. We call it test server. Set your skills to level you want and play, if your time for wurm is so badly limited. You even do not need to pay premium to have high skills there. :)

• Like 3

I'll agree with the others on this. We really don't need the player base spread out even more by another server/cluster. Personally I've never really been interested in the faster-paced wurm 'fun servers' (sorry epic, that's just what i tend to consider you). I work a full time job as well with only 1-3 hours per night if that, and to each their own, but I still enjoy the game and know that i'll make the best of that time that i can play. But I digress.  

Sorry, I'll have to move my opinion-horse to the slaughter pens on this one. 

• Like 1

We already have such server, what you want. Fastest skillgain you can imagine, often resets can happen too. We call it test server. Set your skills to level you want and play, if your time for wurm is so badly limited. You even do not need to pay premium to have high skills there. :)

will do, thanks

You might as well ask for a server where everyone starts with maxed skills in everything...

• Like 2

So we have the whole population of Wurm thinly spread out among 3 different Clusters and you want to add another one on top of that, and in addition it is for the soul reason you can't play as much as you want?

Many people can't play as much as they want, but they are happy with what they have, what makes you so different? Just play the game how it is, or go play a faster paced game.

so, rolf makes this server and then in a year or two someone suggests it again but more increased so he makes that and so on till what we all just make a character  with full skills full everything.... the whole game is about skilling up and making an effort to feel achievement.

Minecraft is probably more suited for you.

• Like 1

will do, thanks

I'd be weary of that... I was interrupted by a GM the other night on the test server, asking my motivations there. I answered them honestly, was reminded that the server was not for playing on (to which I had previously commented to them that I was fully aware of), and I was left about to my business.

Long story short: if you plan to play on the test server (even just messing around), you're gonna have a bad time. Any time spent there that is not to test specific implementations is not welcomed by staff.

-1 ... Im sorry but what??  I oly play about 2-4hours every 2 days now and i think this is crazy as heck.........

If wurms to slow theres other dumb down faster games you can play

this thread has really derailed

its not black and white, i dont want insta-100s and stuff, i just want to be able to compete in PvP and spend more time out there hunting and playing isntead of waiting for timers

i would only like one additional cluster, no more, no less, with much faster exp rates, i think this would help draw in more players

most people i introduce to wurm that are able to learn the interface and gameplay simply think the game is boring and slow-paced

i dont like minecraft, i have played it and its nowhere near as enjoyable as wurm

i played for a long time on wild, and a while on epic and ive got to say that i would rather be out there PvPing all day than grinding and grinding and grinding

I'd be weary of that... I was interrupted by a GM the other night on the test server, asking my motivations there. I answered them honestly, was reminded that the server was not for playing on (to which I had previously commented to them that I was fully aware of), and I was left about to my business.

Long story short: if you plan to play on the test server (even just messing around), you're gonna have a bad time. Any time spent there that is not to test specific implementations is not welcomed by staff.

i think as long as you are subscribed this is acceptable

i really would like to get my friends into wurm, but its hard to show them all the cool features when it takes forever to make even a 3x3 shack

i know everyone is reacting negatively because they have spent so much time getting to where they are at, it seems like cheating to let other players do the same things faster! If it is on a separate cluster, everyone on Epic will likely stay where theyre at, but it would make it much easier to pull new players in if they can jump right into the fun stuff, and then play on the Epic cluster with progression and HOTA if they want the hardcore experience of playing standard curved wurm