Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Wood Fence On Test

Do you like the new style wooded fence?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new style wooden fence?

• Yes, the new style is better.
    • No, The old style was better.
    • I don't like either of them...try again

+1 to something better at higher quality. I'd be ok for these at really low ql though.

They look pretty good in game actually, but they are more WoW than Wurm.

Plus, they are not 2shafts and 2 planks. They don't match the wood houses either.

AN we need more different wood pieces I think, we can make everything a "shaft" The short one holding an axe head, he long one holding a fishing line and the sturdy one holding a fence up are certainly not the same.

Edited by Keldun

Please don't tell me Saroman made this... All his other models were so good..

Please don't ever put this into the game, that would upset the vast majority of us.

• Like 1

This, ehm, something looks like ladder made by very unskilled ... mage, perhaps? Even beginner carpenter could make better one.

What? This is wooden fence? NO, you must be kidding

I got lucky, I have less than 100 wooden fences to replace :unsure:

With carpentry 96+ is something like this simply unacceptable!!!

Edited by Zakerak

April Fools? What is this, lol.

I mean... I guess it's a nice shanty by an amateur, but you realize the current ones are really really really easy to construct in real-life. I don't see how this would be more realistic in comparison, I really wouldn't go with this model.

• Like 2

I have to agree, this fence model looks awful. Please do not put it into the game.

More choices are better. I dislike now, how with ~30 skill you can make just about anything in the game, just costs more potential resources/time the lower the skill you have. Giving us a model progression (better looking models require more skill) gives us more incentive to raise skills to greater levels.

The dynamic model system, where model changes with QL, sounds nice but I would still prefer choice. I might want to build a crappy looking fence to match what I want it to look like, and yet have decent quality to last longer.

i can see the fence being a low ql version of a new type, the sort you put round your garden irl. But the reason why i liked the old fence was that i could see through it... so used it lots of times to keep a view.

• Like 1

So...make the wood houses look drastically better, but the fence look like some hillbilly banged some wood together? I don't get it.

Looks like crap.

Looks Great. Keep up the good work. I cant wait to build these .

This isn't by far as bad as the low stone wall. Although in my opinion they should be introducing the new low stone wall graphics as entirely new walls.

I wonder what the new ones look like on a slope of like 30-35? I bet it is really bad might have to go to test and see.

I do believe these should be 'Crude wooden fence'. The current fences we have are nice, just need a texture update, either with appropriate wood color, or just in general.

• Like 1

Maybe they're fences for the new AI goblin encampments.

• Like 1

I don't like the new ones at all. I shudder to think how that's going to look with a whole line of them and on enclosures like my hillside vineyard.

And like some others, I use the wood fences primarily in places where I don't want to block my view with walls. Guess I better get to making iron fence bars if this goes live. It's fine as a new option for people who like that sort of thing. I'm not one of them.

I don't understand this change at all? What was wrong with the old wood fences?

there is kind of an exaggerated Loony Tunes cheerfulness to it that seems to be a dramatic break from the rustic realism look of the game.

That's because not a single plank is close to rectangular.

I think ultimately two types of wodden fences are needed: a normal one and a "nice" one, the later being a bit harder to make but prettier to look at.

The devs have said that more types of wall and fence will be added, variety ftw :P

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

I wonder if there's any chance they might simply be introduced as new fences, the old ones staying as they were. :P

Hope the same artist that did this did the new low stone wall, can fix the problem removing one person.

Let's try to keep the criticism about the art and not the artist. This is completely uncalled for.

• Like 3

I wonder if there's any chance they might simply be introduced as new fences, the old ones staying as they were. :P

After what happened to my deed and my low stone walls I sure hope not.

These actually are better than what we have now when it comes to plank fences.

Put em in and deal with it later and keep moving forward with the plan as always.

Hopefully the older fences we used to have can be made into newer types we can use and better than they were.

Let's try to keep the criticism about the art and not the artist. This is completely uncalled for.

Yes, we should be encouraging more designs, just because someone doesnt like the look doesnt mean that someone else hasnt been thinking about that same look for their deed.

We just need to be pushing for the ability to choose which we prefer.

Edited by Pollo