Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Who's Hyped For 1.0?

If mirrors are implemented then I don't want to see some perfect reflection. It wouldn't make any sense if it was like that.

Also Protunia, read more of that website than just that paragraph (lol at me too because I did it with mine)... Here's a quote from yours:

Metal-coated glass mirrors are said to have been produced for the first time in Sidon (modern-day Lebanon) in the first century AD. The technique for creating crude mirrors by coating blown glass with molten lead was discovered by the Romans. In Greco-Roman culture and throughout European Middle Ages mirrors were simply slightly convex disks of metal, either bronze, tin, or silver, that reflected light off their highly polished surfaces.
Edited by Laiwyn

Im terrified of 1.0 and the amount of horrible bugs it will introduce, and still we'll only get an Oops, Sorry from Rolf and that'll be it. Probably the perfect time to take my months break from Wurm.

lol I was only reading this thread but this post made me laugh. Talk about cynical! lol

Edited by Maozorz

lol I was only reading this thread but this post made me laugh. Talk about cynical! lol

Talk about being realistic more like.

Talk about being realistic more like.

Hopefully it's not overly buggy and the bugs that are there get sorted quick. Cos you know it's going to look sick! ;)

Hopefully we will be able to enjoy it before the end of the world in Dec 2012 :P

• Like 1

Honestly, the first day it was officially announced I didn't care too much. I was just expecting maybe a few major updates that have long been needed, but I did not expect to see all the amazing work done by both the client and art developers alongside Rolf.

Thats a whole different story now. I can now officially say that I'm looking forward to the release, and that any amount of bugs and glitches caused by this release will be masked by the fact that going 1.0 is a huge event for the success and continuation of the game.

My only pet-peeve about this release is when exactly it'll be made available to the public (not internal release), and if there are going to be any major, or even minor, game mechanics change. Quite honestly, I hope that Rolf will start posting about any game mechanic change there is with each and every client update (with a reason why for each), no matter how seemingly harmless or severe the change auctually is. It'll lead to much less confusion about what's actually intended, or what's really a bug or exploit, in my opinion.

As I said earlier, I'm eager to see Rolf and the entire rest of the staff pull through with a completely successful 1.0 launch. Good luck, and I hope to enjoy the release as much as you had creating it! :)

• Like 1

I rather enjoy the new features that will be released, but I'm honestly and deeply concerned about the staff's policies and the development of the game. I have no doubt that the game will advance but I highly believe that it could be done much more efficiently and with the community's best interests in mind.

Any specifics you'd like to share?

My only pet-peeve about this release is when exactly it'll be made available to the public (not internal release)

Firstly, the devs are working flat out to get this all released before Christmas and practically on our internal deadline (6/12/12.) Secondly, without revealing too much, the launch of v1 will coincide with a full public release. In Rolf's words, v1 is where the game needs to be to be "fully marketable." Wurm has previously gone for an organic word-of-mouth growth - in part because of how much of the game (such as graphics) were still WIP. Getting a bit more marketing and appealing more to a wider sandbox MMO community will be possible once v1 is released though. And just think, it's effectively a month or less when that will happen :D

Only excited about it in the hope that once its out Rolf will stop ignoring the state of the Chaos server.

• Like 1

Only excited about it in the hope that once its out Rolf will stop ignoring the state of the Chaos server.

^ Agree

^ Agree

maybe we all get lucky and he will shut it down.... :P and force you all to go to epic ;)

He is not ignoring it, its just a matter of priorities and there is not much point in continuously beating a dead horse, when coding multi story will benefit the game more.

Trying to turn every topic into a discussion about Chaos won't help your cause.

Gotta agree with nadroj, Rolf has made it apparent he will ignore the situation of Chaos until 1.0 is out and de-bugged - which of course is completely understandable - therefore i cannot wait!

Wulfgar, Nadroj was simply stating his opinion on why hes excited about 1.0 coming out - hence the topic - i dont think there is any need at all to be that negative towards his opinion about the situation.

Definitely looking forwards to taking off this pickle suit, and eventually shaving this goatee thingy that i have going on atm :D

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

As red said i was only stating my personal feelings about 1.0

As far as i'm concerned 1.0 without any change to chaos is just polishing a turd. I've spent almost the entirety of my wurm "career" on that server and it's currently not worth playing on. Polishing it up with new features and animations is nice and all but it still won't be worth playing on. Hence my reasoning that i am excited for 1.0 because i hope it will give Rolf time to do something about that situation.

I'm perfectly well aware that there are other servers and a bigger picture and that Rolf has to prioritise such things.

• Like 1

i hope all that was promised happens, but as with all mmos, im not excited untill i see it on the live server. Then ill be hyped up for it. Just how i am, i gotta see it to beleave it ^^.

Bah the whole supposed confusion over what is a bug and whats intended behavior rarely carries much weight personally. It tends to be used as a smokescreen for when cheating arises. The vast majority of skill exploits in Wurm's history were clearly not intended behavior, especially examples like 1sec action timers or gaining 90+ in a few weeks (non Epic).

Even when there is legitimate confusion (as the saying goes, when there is doubt, there is no doubt), a very simple test exists... ask Rolf or a highup GM. In fact be wary of what others claim has been approved as such has been faked before (naturally Rolf was not amused in those cases).

Anyways to rant on the actual OP, Im usually not one to gush over eye candy more than gameplay; however, I am certainly looking forward to the upcoming releases. Additionally I am in the same camp as Nadroj in that I hope Rolf will take the time after v1.0 to review the Chaos situation.

EDIT: Although if Rolf has more of interest already planned in the schedule... tough call, tough call.

Edited by Klaa

I'm hoping we will still be able to surf horses, because as soon as I saw that when I first began playing, I was convinced this game had what it took to be a winner.

I still find it funny that almost a week left until the 6th of december yet as far as i know we still cant go up to the second floor of a building

I have great plans...

96a3f5fa35d46dc4c511.jpg

Are those Gallows? Just how many people do you not like? jk

Now you will just have to wait until 2.0 and you can make a balcony overlook.

I've been playing very sporadically for a few months, but I'm pretty excited about 1.0. I'm realistic about down times, hot fixes, and opening day issues, but I think in the long run this is going to be insanely beneficial for Wurm.

I'm most excited about customizable avatars & visible armor. I'm so, SO tired of this green dress and scraggly hair!!