Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Who's Hyped For 1.0?

Made so many preparations for multistory buildings.

I've not seen much discussion about it lately though so who's ready for 1.0? What have you got planned?

Awesome skyscrapers?

>implying skyscrapers

New house layouts?

People have gotten 1,000x more creative with designing their homes since all those years ago on GV.

house.gif

*shrugs*

Just a few towers on mountains personally, maybe an arena up there too :P

Multi-storey will add so many more dimensions to construction on Wurm (pardon the pun :P )

I haven't actually lived in a proper house on Wurm since January, I've never settled down in one place for long enough to be able to make one. However, when the time comes, it'll be bedroom upstairs, an armoury adjoining it, and a workshop with storage below. Can't forget the balcony on top too <3

Reliable sources tell me that balconies will provide quite a good view.

• Like 7

Reliable sources tell me that balconies will provide quite a good view.

!!!

Now just tell me i'll be able to get up and walk on a flattop roof!

Edited by Garrath

Why does everyone only associate Wurm 1.0 with multi story?

I doubt I will even build multi story, I am looking forward to new models and animation for players and creatures, visible armour and customizable avatars.

Bring it on!

• Like 8

I'm hyped for massive improvements to wurm that don't bring game breaking bugs :D

Im terrified of 1.0 and the amount of horrible bugs it will introduce, and still we'll only get an Oops, Sorry from Rolf and that'll be it. Probably the perfect time to take my months break from Wurm.

• Like 2

I doubt I will even build multi story, I am looking forward to new models and animation for players and creatures, visible armour and customizable avatars.

Because, (speaking only for myself here), I haven't seen much evidence that the rest of those features will actually ship on time. MSB seems less like vaporware, due to the preview pics and blog entries and what-not.

• Like 3

Waiting to see if the limiting folks will get their way and prevent multistory from going more then 4 stories.

Other then that I plan to make something like the Tower of Pisa. Hopefully I'll be able to customize my toon to have a big afro.

Im terrified of 1.0 and the amount of horrible bugs it will introduce, and still we'll only get an Oops, Sorry from Rolf and that'll be it. Probably the perfect time to take my months break from Wurm.

Taking the absolute wrong view. Think sleep bonus. The first 5 days of Epic provided pretty much non-stop double skill gain if you were smart. People shouting 'wait wait' in local before trying to create the kingdom as they desperately burned SB on random stuff.

Better philosophy: get your mats in order and be ready to grind weapon smithing etc like a madman.

• Like 1

Because, (speaking only for myself here), I haven't seen much evidence that the rest of those features will actually ship on time. MSB seems less like vaporware, due to the preview pics and blog entries and what-not.

Well to be fair.. the best vaporware is the most believable lol

Bring it on!

This. I dont care about multi story or anything like that. I want animations and things like that

In my own opinion I think that the majority and hopefully all of the promised elements will be available for 6/12/12. The devs are working flat out to finalise things - animations are the hardest to do but they're on track, there are already many animals such as the cow and huge spider that have the new animations that you can see in-game already.

Multi-storey is probably the most definite feature that we'll see come out, Zcul and Rolf have done a brilliant job of doing some relatively difficult coding to get it to work, while Saroman has excelled on the art front. One major requirement of the new multi-storey was changed collisions, that's now done and already in-game.

And also about bugs, a lot of bugs are being swept up ahead of v1. My hat goes off to saytheb who has done a lot of behind the scenes work at solving a lot of bugs, of which the fixes are currently being rolled out at a steady pace. Bug solving is not easy or fun, it's like trying to find a spelling mistake in an essay but without any form of spellchecker, however it's essential that it gets done to have a solid game. :)

My number one tip at the moment is to set animation quality to extreme in the settings, otherwise they aren't done justice ;) then go and look at some of the new aforementioned critters.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm crazy hyped for it. Which is a worry, normally when I get this excited about a game its a horrific disappointment when it goes live.

However, I've been on test and seen elements of multi storey and it looks very interesting to me. Balconies are cool, I'll definitely incorporate them into the rebuild of whispering keep.

What would be GREAT is some news about the game mechanics. How high can you build, and with what skill requirements? Can you build your maximum single storey floor plan but up to X levels, or do you need one point of carpentry per wall regardless of how high up it is etc? Maybe I should start a suggestions and ideas thread on it just to annoy everyone.

New models etc are good but not game changing to me. They may be for a lot of people though, one of the big reasons few of my RL friends will touch wurm is the oldschool graphics, which mostly comes down to animated models these days - most other things look quite good now (Trees, buildings etc).

I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes. Especially character customisation and visible armour. As for multi- storey, I'll build one at my deed on Exodus but that's about it .

In my own opinion I think that the majority and hopefully all of the promised elements will be available for 6/12/12. The devs are working flat out to finalise things - animations are the hardest to do but they're on track, there are already many animals such as the cow and huge spider that have the new animations that you can see in-game already.

Multi-storey is probably the most definite feature that we'll see come out, Zcul and Rolf have done a brilliant job of doing some relatively difficult coding to get it to work, while Saroman has excelled on the art front. One major requirement of the new multi-storey was changed collisions, that's now done and already in-game.

And also about bugs, a lot of bugs are being swept up ahead of v1. My hat goes off to saytheb who has done a lot of behind the scenes work at solving a lot of bugs, of which the fixes are currently being rolled out at a steady pace. Bug solving is not easy or fun, it's like trying to find a spelling mistake in an essay but without any form of spellchecker, however it's essential that it gets done to have a solid game. :)

My number one tip at the moment is to set animation quality to extreme in the settings, otherwise they aren't done justice ;) then go and look at some of the new aforementioned critters.

A good PR post here providing a positive insight into some of what is going on behind the scenes by the Wurm Dev staff in preperation for the new 1.0 release. Thanks for the insight.

=Ayes=

I'm looking forward to it but, knowing Wurm's history with big updates, I won't betray myself with any excitement in advance.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Hyped is an understatement.

I'm even more excited for the bridges though, if they ever come.

• Like 1

Im very excited for the new wurm 1.0, however i cant help but think that Rolf may not deliver as per usual and the real time its released is like next year sometime.

One thing im really hoping is that the status of Chaos will be reviewed and possibly changed for Wurm 1.0 as atm its a complete joke.

• Like 2

All in all, i'm excited for the upcoming changes to the game. However, if they have any plans to take this game to the next level, they should really look at things like allowing servers to be down/unattended for long periods of time.

I am kind of interested in the new characters and look that is coming. For sure I can't wait to be able to change how my avatar looks with some kind of armor, clothing, and facial features. Most of all facial features.......drool.....plox...

me needz.... B)

Edited by Protunia

All that i want for christmas is : no lag and no random dcd's...you all can enjoy the multistories, animations, visible armor and char customizacion

Edited by topkos

All that i want for christmas is : no lag and no random dcd's...you all can enjoy the multistories, animations, visible armor and char customizacion

hehe..... well I can tell you the odds of that wish coming true....0%.

Might want to lower the bar a bit there. ;)