Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Penning Dragons... Again..

Should Dragons be able to be penned?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dragons be able to be penned?

• Yes, Why?
    • No, Why?
    • Make them bash everything! Without a reason..

Instead of bashing, dragons should just jump any fence in their way when they decide to move. They should ignore fences when it comes to aggroing as well.

There are multiple groups of players from both Indy and Wild looking for those dragons since the first moment the server opened, with alts and all that jazz, to kill them and get rich(er) from selling the sets.

We either have penned up dragons or no dragons... tough call, isn't it?

Though TBH, i would prefer either dragons to respawn or have drake/scale armor nerfed so it doesn't provide such a crazy advantage over normal armor.

Make dragons ignore walls as if they aren't there since they can fly over them, including house walls (so they could attack you if you are inside the house, since a straw roof isn't much protection from a dragon). Also make them attempt to retreat when wounded or worse, and make them actively seek out people who have expensive stuff, they might take one such item when you die, since dragons like shiny stuff for their hoard.

Then also give each of them their own lair where they keep their hoard, when they retreat from battle they go back to their lair and once there they won't retreat again. So to kill it you must first drive it home and there you can finish it. Maybe have it move it's lair every now and then too.

Should make for interesting dragons.

Sick of the following: "look at my pet dragon", "look at my egg machine" and "Hehe just made a pile of real cash."

[o]ignores walls and buildings for aggro.

[o]when movement is blocked by a wall, 50% chance it destroys all walls within 2 tiles. Otherwise it just passes through them.

[o]when movement/attack is blocked by a building, it destroys the offending wall.

[o]will not enter a deed.

[o]randomly relocates itself every month or so.

[o]Drops enough material for 1.5 suits

[o]If it is dead, 3 months later an egg spawns in a remote location. One month later we have a new dragon when it hatches.

Legend dicttes that dragons are too wily to be penned up. Let them bash down their oppressing foundations of whatever and roam, kill everything then disappear for a few months.

Yeah good idea, i hate the guys XYZ i gonna lure the dragon next to their deed now they are in horrible danger there xD

Yeah good idea, i hate the guys XYZ i gonna lure the dragon next to their deed now they are in horrible danger there xD

Make the uniques teleport to a different spot on the map every other day or so.

I still see this whole thread as a discussion between - I want to kill it becuase I want the drakesets for money - I want to pen the dragon to stroke my epeen. Neither is good, this is so much like that old discussion there was before when breeders were keeping so many animals that the hunters found almost no hunting anymore... Rolf's goig to have to come up with something very creative to please both groups.

Untill then, realise that dragons can insta-bash fences around them, you need several layers of fences to keep them penned up

I think i seen that a dragon has an egg and a baby hatches out? Well if so just make it so that when the egg hatches the baby is randomly spawned on the server. (sorry if this has been suggested as i did not read all the posts)

I want to kill it becuase I want the drakesets for...

Isn't the point of their existence in the game???

Why else would they produce this material?

They should be able to bash anything, have near god-like abilities(strength, flight, intelligence), and respawn randomly when killed.

And no dominating.

It's a DRAGON for goodness sake.

I want to kill it becuase I want the drakesets for...

Isn't the point of their existence in the game???

Why else would they produce this material?

They should be able to bash anything, have near god-like abilities(strength, flight, intelligence), and respawn randomly when killed.

And no dominating.

It's a DRAGON for goodness sake.

Why else? Thats up to whoever finds them. You might see it from a hunters point of view, someone else might see them as the perfect touch for their deed. You cant judge on that. Just like with all animals, someon people want to keep them and care for them, or becuase they are magnificent sghts, or kill them. Its a matter of taste, and none of them is wrong.

I really do not care if dragons get penned or not,the one thing I do not want is them tping around.

Last thing I want is a dragon landing in my village and bashing walls.

I really do not care if dragons get penned or not,the one thing I do not want is them tping around.

Pretty sure that's the last thing any village wants when dragons are around.

But it's exactly what should be happening on a semi-regular basis.

If we want dragons in the game, they should act LIKE DRAGONS!!!

If you don't want them, petition the devs.

Mixed - they can be a menace (fluffy's ramage to Samling)

Lollll, I forgot about that. That was epic.

Penned dragons should angry at being captured.  When they go ape they should kill all of the guards, then drain the token as much as they can, maybe multiple times.  Then as payback for being penned, destroy all buildings on deed and perimeter, before randomly flying off.  They aren't some passive creature; they are to be feared.

Dragons and other uniques might also have a variable agro range, from say 10 to 20 to 30 tiles.  So it's not predictable who or what it will attack.  Make them fearsome - players should band together to kill them early just to be rid of the dangerous beasts.

Having a unique penned is a grey area on Wilds given the inherent nature of Wilds: its possible for other players to break them out. In fact its happpened several times in the past: was involved in a raid on a white some JK had deeded, and  earlier defended a black hatchling during a BL raid on Silron Valley in Goldv1.

Course this is not really an option on the non-pvp servers.

Personally, the uniques (especially dragons) should always seek to escape confinement be it with fences, houses, caves, or any other means players use.

I don't want to be hanging out on my deed trapped by something I have no possibility of killing for days, most games have zones with level range zones, while that's not an option here skill loss from death would be a death loop or forced to wait it out off your deed at the Howl on Freedom.

Leaving them on top of mountians or in a fixed area you need to go to some work to get to would prevent this, if needs to be an area undeedable to prevent penning is something I could care less about either way.

I'm pretty upset with all these people talking about dragons being able to ignore fences, houses and such. I don't want to be killed over and over just because some dragon decides my deed area is where it should be. If dragons do start randomly ignoring/bashing walls, I plead with the DEVs to listen to Othob's comment. Dragons should also ignore walls/buildings on a deed.

I'm pretty upset with all these people talking about dragons being able to ignore fences, houses and such. I don't want to be killed over and over just because some dragon decides my deed area is where it should be. If dragons do start randomly ignoring/bashing walls, I plead with the DEVs to listen to Othob's comment. Dragons should also ignore walls/buildings on a deed.

Wurm is a sandbox game not a lego set and sometimes bad or disastrous things happen in a sandbox. If a dragon smashes your deed then either rebuild or build elsewhere. Or stand in the ruins of your deed and wail about grierfer Dragons breaking your lego set.

The Pendragons were a force unto themselves.

::)

Har har   8)

well the green dragon is already penned, I found him while exploring the sw part of the map passing a village called Rendeck Haven.