Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Lots of images of Works in progress over this past year. From the art team.

Will the weapon racks afford any decay prevention (like a bsb) or are they purely an eye-candy, specialized container (like a chest)?

Still no word on bow racks?

My long bows sleep on the dirty fungus floor :/

Not for this update, but it can happen. I'm doing the racks because Saromon redid the weapons, so, we need to redo bows and quivers before we add racks.

rack_Spear.jpg

What determines what sort of weapons you see on the rack model? (spears/polearms in this screenshot vs swords/axe in the previous ones)

does this mean your adding polearms to the game eventually..would be nice to have more.

Pole-arms are already in, The next update will add the models.

Awesome!

The object you build. There are two rack objects.

Does that mean there's two different things to make or does the first thing you put into it determine its type?

good job on the models scrap the gui i think the current is perfect for wurm, make the world look good not the gui...

Weapon racks are bugged currently, has the model of a glass/pottery jar, is pick-up able and can be dropped in piles of items/chests or any other container and  weapons dont fit in it, broken update i assume?

<Mrbloodworth> Just a warning. Best not to make weapon racks right now. If you have made them, find some lava and toss in. :)

<Mrbloodworth> To much in flux with them right now. Its a slip up that you can even make them now.

<Mrbloodworth> Just a warning. Best not to make weapon racks right now. If you have made them, find some lava and toss in. :)

<Mrbloodworth> To much in flux with them right now. Its a slip up that you can even make them now.

I've already made one, no lava about. Hopefully it wont explode ;)

It looks like an urn now, strangely enough. And nothing fits in.

whoa, I read some things about new GUI picks and finally found some (page 8, http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43975.msg467019#msg467019). Um, they are really bad. why?

1. The text is blurred and hard to read. Make it crisp and don't do bluing effects.

2. OMG...no imping icons, are you crazy?

3. The background can probably be change but its too detailed and distracts the eye.

4. Bars don't work for skills. We need to see the number. Now, a bar could work for damage, we don't need to know the exact amount of damage something has.

I do like:

A mouse over examine and popup description box. UO has had something similar for a long time and it works well. I'm guessing that something like this box would come up if someone examine an object not in inventory, on the ground as an example?

What would I like to see?  Remove the decimals from the window. I don't care if something is 00.51 damage or that its 51.54 ql. A listing of 01 and 52 would be just as informative.

tbh that spikeonthepolearmi s        alittle                              long...       

keyboardi tsmessedup,  sorryi fthe      textis hard to rea d

whoa, I read some things about new GUI picks and finally found some (page 8, http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43975.msg467019#msg467019). Um, they are really bad. why?

1. The text is blurred and hard to read. Make it crisp and don't do bluing effects.

3. The background can probably be change but its too detailed and distracts the eye.

4. Bars don't work for skills. We need to see the number. Now, a bar could work for damage, we don't need to know the exact amount of damage something has.

I do like:

A mouse over examine and popup description box. UO has had something similar for a long time and it works well. I'm guessing that something like this box would come up if someone examine an object not in inventory, on the ground as an example?

What would I like to see?  Remove the decimals from the window. I don't care if something is 00.51 damage or that its 51.54 ql. A listing of 01 and 52 would be just as informative.

Not when you're improving stuff by just 0,01 ql at a time

I do like:

I like the current inventory windows just fine the way it is. But I agree that the popup window thingy is a nice addition. But yea I'd prefer the inventory window to stay the way it is. It needs to be sharp, easy and fast to use and not too fancy.

I'm with Joe about the imping icons and daft bars instead of number's for skills. Unless of course there's some hover that shows the actual figure I suppose. You really need imping icons though. In fact, I'd prefer the QL column to be shown as well so I can see at a glance what state my tool/weapon/item is in.

Please read the thread before commenting, or at the very least, before hulking out. :)

just sharing an opinion. 15 pages is a bit much to take in. I did read the bit that caught my attention though.