Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Lots of images of Works in progress over this past year. From the art team.

Love those swords, Mr. B and Saroman!  The banding on the hilts especially.  :D

You might consider making the wooden portions of the axes and mauls a little more polished/finished.  I imagine warriors would oil and polish the handles on their axes/mauls to maintain them.  The rough hewn handles look like they would splinter in combat.

I have always felt there was something not quite right about the wood textures (including the existing ones in game), but have never been able to place it. After some more time staring at them, I think the problem is scale. The textures are zoomed in too much, and should be scaled a bit smaller. Just my opinion of course, but would like to see how items looked with the textures scaled down a bit.

Saroman did those textures. We may think about things like you suggest after we get those models in.

Isnt the 2H sword blade a bit.... small? when comparing it to the difference between medium and large of the other types?

Isnt the 2H sword blade a bit.... small? when comparing it to the difference between medium and large of the other types?

Those weapons look awesome! I agree though, 2h sword should be a little longer.

http://www.musclecars.net/parts/parts-images-large/lord-of-the-rings-sword-witch-king-united-cutlery-1266_380305859309.jpg

http://fancydressheaven.co.uk/bmz_cache/5/5c07c16879498ebf6eb08a2ffabafb24.image.300x450.jpg

Maybe something like those? I don't know if you've ever watch lord of the rings, but the sword Aragon uses looks great ;)

Would be cool if you could have the ability to modify the hilt and pommel for the swords in game like have a few different sets.  ::)

Would be even better if the kingdoms had their own design of weapons/armor/shields.  :)

Would be cool if you could have the ability to modify the hilt and pommel for the swords in game like have a few different sets.  ::)

I feel sorry for y'all now...you do this epic job of making new models for the weapons and Rolf goes "HERP DERP HAVE SOME POLEARMS!"

I feel sorry for y'all now...you do this epic job of making new models for the weapons and Rolf goes "HERP DERP HAVE SOME POLEARMS!"

If you put in a placeholder, make it the small triangular flags on a stick - Jousting!

If you put in a placeholder, make it the small triangular flags on a stick - Jousting!

It all looks wonderful Mr B. I am waiting with baited breath for that major graphics overhaul! Take your time, though.

These are great.

I understand they're in progress, but I hope there's an option to show all columns in the inventory so a quick glance over is possible.

Seems like wurm is moving in a more "mainstream" direction, what with the xp bars and such, which I guess will meet some opposition. I think it is the way the game needs to move if we're to get a high playercount, though. Nice work.

I hope we get an option to keep using the old inventory/skill windows as they are now.

Those are like a step in the wrong direction.

I hope we get an option to keep using the old inventory/skill windows as they are now.

Those are like a step in the wrong direction.

The new graphics look great, but I agree that the interface portion seems to be a step backwards. The current "plain" textual inventory / interface fits well with Wurm, as it is a straight forward list of the myriad of skills and items that you have/need. A new graphical interface would just be more clutter and would make it harder to find what you need.

Arthlo

The new graphics look great, but I agree that the interface portion seems to be a step backwards. The current "plain" textual inventory / interface fits well with Wurm, as it is a straight forward list of the myriad of skills and items that you have/need. A new graphical interface would just be more clutter and would make it harder to find what you need.

While i dont think the current GUI is good enough, i still do agree with arthlo that a slimmer GUI should be available.

The GUI in the pic is only really suitable for fullscreen mode.

There is a lot of extra space used simply due to the graphics.

comparison (ignore QL/DMG/Improvement and focus on borders, scrollbar, etc):

GUI.png

and i assume that quality/dmg etc is intended to be added to the menu later and that its more of a "show off" picture... otherwise the GUI is horrible compared to the current.

Those kinds of info is needed.

Its a game, not windows 3.0.  ;)

and thats a silly comment... Good GUI is important.

They are all WIP, nothing is final.

Indeed, so i'm working to get us a good one :)

They are all WIP, nothing is final.

Indeed, so i'm working to get us a good one :)

i know they arent final, hence i try to influence before they are  ::)