Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Lots of images of Works in progress over this past year. From the art team.

So so so so so wanting this thread to be made devs-post-only. I just wanna see the images! Feedback, glorifying praise, and suggestions could be given each their own space in new threads elsewhere.

At least, create the dev-only thread with all the images from this thread posted.

So so so so so wanting this thread to be made devs-post-only. I just wanna see the images! Feedback, glorifying praise, and suggestions could be given each their own space in new threads elsewhere.

At least, create the dev-only thread with all the images from this thread posted.

Granted this topic has gone off with the 3d person view but in a way it has to do with the new animations and artwork. That said i think the whole reason for this thread being here is to get feedback from the players on what they are working on. If not then they just well not post anything and we would just see it when it gets put in the game.

how would 3rd person work if you try and see through walls

You can't see around walls if there was no swivel in the camera. Also, it's easy to make cameras close to first person if you get too close to a solid object....console and computer games have been doing it for many, many years now.

Seriously, what's wrong with 3rd person? It doesn't break PvP as much as people think. Want to know what breaks PvP way more then 3rd person? Sound that you can hear anywhere in local, sometimes even farther, no matter what the sound is. People saying no 3rd person are really silly, and seem to desperately be trying to hold the game back from getting more people with such a simple addition that really doesn't "break" anything.

Granted this topic has gone off with the 3d person view but in a way it has to do with the new animations and artwork. That said i think the whole reason for this thread being here is to get feedback from the players on what they are working on. If not then they just well not post anything and we would just see it when it gets put in the game.

I don't want to stop conversation, that'd be terrible. I just wanted an easy way to:

a) Easily/quickly see all the pics submitted by the devs. (searching through all the posts made by that dev is as bad as flicking through this forum)

B) Follow the conversation related to the pic I am interested in.

A single thread of only new art pics, with each new pic given a new title that splinter threads could title themselves with, helps both these aims, and can get people new to the forums or the new art more involved.

This thread is getting TL;DR, and it's primary product is getting hidden in the volume.

I don't intend to sound critical of the chat here, I just appreciate a nice neatening and tidy-up!  ???  ;D

I agree.

<Image of Wolf>

<Thread link to talk about it.>

<Image of Bison>

<Thread link to talk about it.>

That would make it easy to find an Image of a specific item/mob/building and the talk about it.

Remembering wolfs is on 162 and 163  is not that hard but to find it is.

In other news:

Great Job on the Wolfs (not seen Bison yet).

I linked My one friend a Video (He is a animal documentaries Cameraman) and He was like WOW. (He might look into playing a little Wurm due to it)

(not seen Bison yet).

Same model as a cow

(not seen Bison yet).

Same model as a cow

False. Turn experimental packs on in unstable.

(not seen Bison yet).

Same model as a cow

Oddly, atazs is the one who posted the bison image earlier (maybe he forgot; maybe he is a non-believer :P ):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14742878/bison/wurm.20120427.1948_2.png

A bison model. Manny posted this in a thread i tought id post it here for those who didnt see it

Lol well the ones ive seen have cow models ingame

(not seen Bison yet).

Same model as a cow

Oddly, atazs is the one who posted the bison image earlier (maybe he forgot; maybe he is a non-believer :P ):

A bison model. Manny posted this in a thread i tought id post it here for those who didnt see it

Again, that's because you didn't have experimental packs enabled:

5ac06_thumb.png

(not seen Bison yet).

Same model as a cow

Again, that's because you didn't have experimental packs enabled:

5ac06_thumb.png

I actually do and i just double checked the wolf and bison models are still the old ones. However im on the stable client could that be it?

However im on the stable client could that be it?

Yes.

Lol, not sure how Budda could have put that into fewer words:

Turn experimental packs on in unstable.

;)

New graphics will be posted in the child board "Graphics, Works in progress" under City hall.

Regards

/Wox

New graphics will be posted in the child board "Graphics, Works in progress" under City hall.

Regards

/Wox

You're an awesome champion, Wox!  ;D

I think making spiders look more realistic is the wrong direction  ::)

There are quite a lot of arachnophobes in the world.

There are millions of Jainists in the world that believe killing of any kind is wrong.  Maybe we should remove combat and fighting from the game to accommodate them.

I am one of them, but I do enjoy slaying stuff in wurm though.

Virtual ----

I believe this arachnophobia argument was already held at one point before where all anyone did was point out a phobia and give it a reason to not be in Wurm. It's only right for the spiders to get a new model as most (if not every) creature is getting a revamp soon. No reason to exclude the spiders.

You see the dates on these quotes?

I guess Dread got derailed a bit from the new spider thread and answered without paying attention.