Sign in to follow this  
Beastwolf

Remove Snow piles in deserts

Snow in the desert - I mean it doesn't make sense and looks silly.

To be honest piles mineral piles in deserts - look silly. Maybe make them sandstone colored idk.

33afe5a58f50e6f586c166602c56aafc.jpg

71d597a394e820c49f0766247290335c.jpg

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 5

f_webp

SNOW11.png?tr=w-600,h-450,fo-auto

Tell mother nature she does look silly and doesnt make sense....

• Like 5

Remove all the mess they have added to the game , omg makes the game look like a dumpster..............................................

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bekador said:

Ah yess beautiful landscape compared to white scrap piles lmao

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bekador said:

SNOW11.png?tr=w-600,h-450,fo-auto

I think there is a big difference between that what you showed and the ice cream/salt looking splats which the screenshots in the first post look like.  I also do not think it helps matters that the trees in the distance do not have snow on them and yet snow piles are in the desert at a time of year when it is more warm.

I'm not sure though what the replacement should be......Ah!  A mini snow pyramid....Though, I would like that as an item....

Edited by Zexos

you can't post an actual desert with snow on it and say it's the same as what has happened in wurm. Is this what a collapse looks like?

Might help if the snow was a little more sparkly, then again its blinding enough as is.

XnAOXAP.jpeg

• Like 1

These are the only place that we can reliably get snow anywhere near my deed now. 

• Like 2

-1 too. It is not unlogical that snow can sit on sand, and snow piles form. Desert means arid eco, not necessarily heat all year. And the piles will be gone in a few days/Wurm weeks.

The argument boils down to "I dislike the visuals", can't argue that, is matter of taste. For my part, I don't.

• Like 1

yeah -1 your buttocks!

who doesnt know that deserts have snow.... i mean i know we dont have it here in texas, but tons of others do

They look like white piles of poop in the game. Which of the desert creatures is pooping all these snow piles? 

oh i dont know the largest desert on earth is actually antartica so i think snow is fine in a desert(btw deserts are defined by how much precipitation they get yearly not by how much sand they have)

How about we just remove all snow piles and let people collect it from the ground like we used to if we wanted it. This is a solution in search of a problem that didn't ever exist.

• Like 1

I'm reading a lot of MEGA BRAIN people missing the point that they look like white trash piles VS what snow in deserts would look like.

• Like 2

So in additional to invisible frogs and ducks, WO now has invisible giant desert pigeons.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:43 PM, Zexos said:

Ah!  A mini snow pyramid....Though, I would like that as an item....

That kind of does exist already.  It's actually a snowball pyramid and it works like a lantern.  I got one last year at xmas from my stocking..

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Snow_lantern

Edited by Gwiz

-1 let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

at this point, the new system will stay, the old system, according to devs, cannot persist with the new, and several people complained about the difficulty to fill their larders.

So let it snow everywhere, even deserts.