Ols

KellyT was a Pirate

This is terrible news, but thank you for letting us know. It has been years, but I always had a fun time PvPing against him across multiple clusters, especially trying to chase him off after he'd pirate yet another boat of ours. 

Despite going through a lot in his personal life, he always managed to spread joy to others. His loss is a blow to the community, and he will be missed greatly.

• Like 1

Started the game with him when there was still the starter server, Golden Valley.

Haven't talked to him in years, sad to see this post, rest easy.

Hope Mommat is doing okay.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

Awful news :( Had the pleasure of playing with KellyT a few times over the years, always fun to talk to. It's such a shame to pass away at 28.

KellyT was a pirate.

KellyT came to my notice by way of signs on Wild/Chaos during it's brief Freedom Hiatus, his signs were noticeable, 'KellyT is a Pirate',  not quite everywhere, but certainly too many to remain unseen in my explorations.

Later I went to Epic, where I met the maker of those signs, he and his pals killed me more than once, but it was kinda fun as well.

Once, on Serenity, KellyT came calling, as he so often did, and not finding much action, sailed up and down Horseshoe lake a bit, until he chanced upon me, in local, now I was a pretty poor noob, and knew my death was certain, so I took off southward, inland a bit, dipping in and out of his local. After a bit of this, KellyT decided it just wasn't on, and proceeded to entreat me to get on the boat, pleaded with me in fact, 'We'll just take you with us, and you can convert ... Nope, not me, 'Pleeeease get on the boat' .... Nope, this went on for a while, and then they just sailed off...

One of the weirdest, and hilarious episodes I had on Epic.  Sadly the logs are gone, lost in a hard drive disaster that took almost all of my early Epic screenshots as well ...

KellyT will be remembered, and I'm already planning a few signs, in his honour. 

An honoured enemy on Epic, I'm saddened, Wurm has lost a character, his legend will go on.

Very sad to hear this. Played both with and against kelly many times over the years. My first memories on the game include some of his pirate signs around the world.

Always was a pleasure to have around and was sure to bring comedy to any event.

Rest in peace, prayers to the family and friends.

I spent today creating a small shrine in his memory today down by the water. 

RmZxYdI.jpg

While I worked I spent time I looked through all screenshots and logs. There's a lot of neat memories, the first encounters that introduced me to Kelly were shortly after he'd come to wild.

At the time he'd settled at a town called Hells Kitchen which was one of the Island stronghold of the BL players. I would often head over the the area in look of a fight and HK was one of my last stops on every ride I did through the region. If Kelly was around you were almost always guaranteed a fight. Back then passengers and boat QL didn't matter for speed so it was all about your captain's ability to scrape together every fraction of a Km/h by tacking. Over months, it was noticeable just how much he had improved as a captain and it after a while it was not uncommon to be chased out of the area with a group of blacklighters being captained by Kelly hot in pursuit. 

Given I went so frequently into BL territory I had boats and mines scattered all around for emergencies. But eventually Kelly and the other BL at the time bashed all the mine doors in and Kelly stole my boats as was his way. The below screenshot was the last run in that I could find recorded where Kelly caught my friend Wes and I napping in what we thought was an undiscovered boat mine. Not long after this Epic open and Wild's population declined. I remained but Kelly moved on to bigger and better adventures over there but we still kept in touch on FB from time to time. 

Sbuv2Hp.png

If anyone ever wants to come past and remember Kelly, the Co-ords of this shrine are L25 on Indie on the deed Blackbird port, it's open to all. 

• Like 24

hey guys, i am attempting to get like screenshot or videos or anything like that for a remembrance get together irl of life for Kelly if you have anything it would be epic, this game was a big part of his like and even as kids he talked about this game and played it when we was hanging out please contact me on discord campincarl420, we would love to talk to a dev and see if there was a way we could have a grave or something like that placed someplace in memorial for him if possible 

Edited by ripCapinkellyT
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, This is MommaT, KellyT's mom. The tales you are relating about Kelly has warmed my heart and brought back so many wonderful memories. He was truly a character, even in his real life. He absolutely loved life and loved people. If you knew him well, you knew you had a friend for life. I never heard him say anything negative about anyone his entire life. He trusted and liked just about every person he met. We had gone thru a bad patch, but after he became sober, we had become best friends. I had had his Hare account for a couple years, just handing it back to him within past 2 years. To the new owner, please take care of it, in honor of KellyT. He was 14 when he came across this game and he got me playing it. He frustrated me so much when he wouldn't follow the rules, lol. I knew one day he would lose his original account, KellyT, lol. He didn't tell me for months because he knew I would tell him, "I told you so." He was stupidly fearless in the game sometimes, but I now appreciate that about him! I loved him more than life and your tales are helping me and warming my heart. Thanks to all of you at Wurmonline! A truly one of a kind game we enjoyed together for years!

Edited by Mommat
I wasn't aware of a rule forbidding mention of drugs. I'm sorry, I was trying to be pro active and warn others of the danger. Thank you
  • Like 40

@Mommat.

so very Sorry for your loss.

praying for you.

we crossed paths many years ago.

I have no other words.

Never interacted with socially, so sadly never got to know besides rumors heard from others. Was certainly an active character.

We have crossed swords off and on in pvp over the years; though, if I recall correctly there were periods we were in the same factions while very far apart villages.

His absence was apparent and will be missed.

These are truly very sad news.

Although I never had the honor of meeting him, I can tell he will be missed by many.
He must have left a lasting impact, evident from the fond memories being shared.
My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.

I only crossed paths with KellyT a few times years ago, when my son and I were relatively new. Talked to his mom once when Kelly had done something naughty, and that was when I learned he was almost the same age as my son. I became a little more tolerant of his shenanigans after that. It was cool seeing another mom+son pair both playing Wurm.

So while I never had a personal relationship with them, as a Wurming mom this is a painful thing to read. My thoughts are with his family.

• Like 11

Only just heard about this; what sad news. 

I only encountered him briefly, in the early days of Epic when I made a rare venture into PvP and KellyT's piracy was becoming *A THING*. But I remember his exploits very fondly and that memory will always be part of the tapestry of Wurm history for me. 

R.I.P young pirate.

Edited by Berris
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 4:52 PM, Ryaanna said:

I am saddened to hear of KellyT's passing 😢 I Remember this battle in the early days of Mol-rehan, i was using the Freyja account, as my own was too far from the raid. We were all shouting on voice chat target KellyT's horse, then his horse dropped to wounded lol. He wasn't afraid of a good fight, And he was definitely a Pirate, if i ever knew one! Thank you for all the many encounters and funnies we had as enemies, all in good sport. You had some balls of steel kid! KellyT added me on facebook some years after when we joined the dark side (BL), we had some good chats and shared some good memories!  My condolences to all his friends and family, he was way too young! R.I.P You dirty Pirate, I'll miss you! 😢

Sad news, farewell KellyT, my neighbour on Independence in 2010 😞 Sorry to hear that, my condolences Mommat

Sorry for your loss Mommat, keep your head up. KellyT will be missed.