Sign in to follow this  
Krister

New Branding and a New Website -Video

22 hours ago, Madnath said:

So that terms of service page...

SA27Jml.png

This is just an AI template. Most of this page is made using AI.

This describes the whole website, and they said "yep its friday lets bounce" lmfao

32 minutes ago, Xagru said:

I dont want to count, but... 10mln SEK is around 85000 euro in 3 years, 2,3-2,4k per month. If game makes 2,5k euro per month, that doesnt sounds big deal.

tNj4q5v.png

dude...

2 hours ago, Vorticella said:

There are humans on the receiving end of all this, even if they aren't active in this thread at the moment (can you blame them?). I fully agree that there were significant mistakes made with this release, but people don't need to be butchered alive to understand that they made mistakes.

All I'm saying is if you love the game and want it to stick around, maybe stop to consider what kind of effects such pessimistic comments can actually have before making them in public.

I'm afraid you're overlooking something very important here.

A good leader - being it a CEO, an officer in the army or a team leader at your local garbage disposal service -  leads the team. That means if a decission is made and it pays out well, the leader shares that with the team. It also means if a decission is made and it turns out wrong, the leader takes the blame.

A bad leader - being it a CEO, an officer in the army or a team leader at your local garbage disposal service - tells people what to do, makes sure it happens but doesn't lift a finger themselves and when all pays out to work well, credits themselves. But the moment that leader knows ###### may hit the fan; (s)he disappears and lets his / her team deal with all the crap flying around.

Krister posted his message; which in itself was already very degenerating towards the player base; and vanished.
He hasn't been here since he posted that message 30 , yes THIRTY hours ago.
That means, it's up to the current staff; all people who may share the same concerns because they too are players; to deal with the flying crap.

We've had bad launches before. But all that time people like Enki, Retro, Samool, Keenan and many more were HERE to remove our worries, to ease our minds and to do everything they can to actually make sure that the problems were solved asap.

Krister has done nothing like that at all.

He insulted the player base with an AI generated "post" that was more likely meant for a group children instead of adults.
He insulted the current and future playerbase by using AI generated images on a website; thus making promisses he simply can't keep. ( I would that call a lie as well).
He insulted the current player base by posting that "message" and disappear. He hasn't even seen a single post of it in the last 30 hours. And not being here for that long is an insult in itself as well.
He insulted the player base and the current staff and devs by leaving it to them to clean up the mess he obviously is responsible for.

He insulted each and everyone here by not even taking the responsibilty for the made mistakes.

So when someone does all that to you; would you still be nice to that person and offer them a cup of coffee and a cookie; or would you rather spit in their drink and throw it in their face.
Because that's what's done to us. We're spit in our faces by someone who thinks he knows what we like; but doesn't know ######.
Someone like that doesn't get my respect. Ever.
And I think a lot of players posting here feel the same.

Thorin 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

However, I suspect most of that money came from the Steam release, so it has probably been a lot less profitable for the last few years.

I wouldnt be so sure.

https://gamechestgroup.com/investor-relations/press-release/21848

translated via deepl:

Revenue Wurm Online, January and February 2023

Approx. 1 100 000 SEK.
    56% Sales: Silver coins
    33% Sales: Premium subscriptions
    11% Sales: Packages

93k euro in two first months of 2023. It may be more profitable than it was earlier.

7 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Krister posted his message; which in itself was already very degenerating towards the player base; and vanished.

He insulted the player base with an AI generated "post" that was more likely meant for a group children instead of adults.
He insulted the current and future playerbase by using AI generated images on a website; thus making promisses he simply can't keep. ( I would that call a lie as well).
He insulted the current player base by posting that "message" and disappear. He hasn't even seen a single post of it in the last 30 hours. And not being here for that long is an insult in itself as well.
He insulted the player base and the current staff and devs by leaving it to them to clean up the mess he obviously is responsible for.

He insulted each and everyone here by not even taking the responsibilty for the made mistakes.

Thorin 

he said in the first post that he has booked a few days next week to reply back to people from the prev topic and any other concerns.

see.... I will answer everyone's feedback on my last post, I've booked a couple of day's next week for that as well as to talk to the Wiki and Discord team. That way I can get everyone up to date and share all of our marketing material.

he is a business person from the business office world.  that is how they do things there.  they book time slots and meetings.  they get other people or the lower staff members to handle things.

ceos don't normally own up to things or take responsibily.  he might also not speak english that well or understand it that well.  he might be using a translation tool too and a tool to help him speak his posts for fast response time. you are not dealing with a normal user here but a top level business person who has all of the programming of the buisness world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorinoakshield said:

I'm afraid you're overlooking something very important here.

A good leader - being it a CEO, an officer in the army or a team leader at your local garbage disposal service -  leads the team. That means if a decission is made and it pays out well, the leader shares that with the team. It also means if a decission is made and it turns out wrong, the leader takes the blame.

A bad leader - being it a CEO, an officer in the army or a team leader at your local garbage disposal service - tells people what to do, makes sure it happens but doesn't lift a finger themselves and when all pays out to work well, credits themselves. But the moment that leader knows ###### may hit the fan; (s)he disappears and lets his / her team deal with all the crap flying around.

That means, it's up to the current staff; all people who may share the same concerns because they too are players; to deal with the flying crap.

We've had bad launches before. But all that time people like Enki, Retro, Samool, Keenan and many more were HERE to remove our worries, to ease our minds and to do everything they can to actually make sure that the problems were solved asap.

Krister has done nothing like that at all.

So when someone does all that to you; would you still be nice to that person and offer them a cup of coffee and a cookie; or would you rather spit in their drink and throw it in their face.
Because that's what's done to us. We're spit in our faces by someone who thinks he knows what we like; but doesn't know ######.
Someone like that doesn't get my respect. Ever.
And I think a lot of players posting here feel the same.

Thorin 

I endorse each and every word.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoulderDash said:

he is a business person from the business office world.  that is how they do things there.  they book time slots and meetings.  they get other people or the lower staff members to handle things.

ceos don't normally own up to things or take responsibily.  he might also not speak english that well or understand it that well.  he might be using a translation tool too and a tool to help him speak his posts for fast response time. you are not dealing with a normal user here but a top level business person who has all of the programming of the buisness world.

Its a company with below 10 members.

We are not talking about Andrew Wilson (CEO of EA) here or something like that.

That is a top level business person ( and even he has no clue about most game genres but his FIFA-Scamboxes he was successful with, otherwise he wouldn't have tanked the exclusive Star Wars Licence for almost a decade ).

Not everyone in a business dress is a topG manager, we are talking about a company of the size of a very small Indie-Dev-Team, far, faaaar away fom even AA size that don't got any complicated business structures.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoulderDash said:

Asserting that it's normal to do any of this doesn't change that it isn't good to do this. Putting that aside, none of this even is normal, it's not good practice to take down a website in order to edit the live version of the site, then bring it back up with "placeholder images", the idea behind placeholder text and images is that they DON'T get pushed to the public version. Every part of this stinks of unorthodoxy and incompetence. "Top level business people" do not accidentally leave a disclaimer saying that the real document should be prepared by a lawyer in the final version of their ToS that they copy/pasted from a template.

SA27Jml.png

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Votip said:

tNj4q5v.png

dude...

Wow, so that means, 3 (4) NFI servers make 25k E per month?

27 minutes ago, BoulderDash said:

he said in the first post that he has booked a few days next week to reply back to people from the prev topic and any other concerns.

see.... I will answer everyone's feedback on my last post, I've booked a couple of day's next week for that as well as to talk to the Wiki and Discord team. That way I can get everyone up to date and share all of our marketing material.

I guess the CEO - a Harvard School of Business graduate - of the company - 40-ish people - I work with, did something very wrong then.
When he came by at 1900 hrs; after having started at 0930 hrs; to see how things were going, after having heard my team and I had a lot of problems with the machines we had to work with; he stayed with us and helped us dealing with the problems up to 2200 hrs. At that point things were going better, so we were going to a break and he decided to go home.
He also came up to me the very next day to ask how the rest of the shift had gone.

By doing those two things, he showed a lot of respect towards the team and myself; but also commitment.
Something I'm lacking with Krister.
He may have "booked" a few days; but that's not what he shouldn't have done. He should've been here and taking the ######; just like his team does.
Those "couple of days" could as well be next Thursday and Friday.
By then the storm has already calmed down and he could tell the investors: "Well, it seemed they didn't like it at first, but it's all quiet now, so it's not that bad after all."
Besides, the time he's booked will most likely be used to post another ChatGPT or any other AI generated answer in which we are once again treated like a bunch of nitwits.
If he wants to sell the game to investors; he has to keep in mind that the players are investing their money in this game as well.
Lots of players have lost their trust in Kistner and those are the very first investors in this game. That includes you.
Iif the ones who're generating the money in the first place loose their trust; you can invest a trillion dollars; but won't work when only a few players are online.

I said it before and I'm going to say it again:
If Kristner had been here to read and reply to the made posts; people would've calmed down and let it slide.
He isn't doing that, but instead "booked a few days next week".
That shows a lot of disrespect to the community. And it doesn't matter when he has those days booked. The damage is already done and very hard to repair.

Thorin

• Like 5

So after thinking about it for a few days (and watching Emoo's video breaking down the new website) a few thoughts:

The good:

1. Hat's off to them for realizing Wurm needs rebranding. It does. The old website was clunky, and FELT old. That won't draw people in.

2. They ARE actively working to increase player base. That can only be good for Wurm.

3. The new shop site.. mixed feelings but since this is the good I will say it is MUCH cleaner than the old, and more variety. This is an easy way for games to increase revenue. That's only good for the longevity of Wurm.

4. Krister, the CEO, is announcing these changes himself. This means he has a definite responsibility for what happens, instead of putting it off on some underling. (OK, maybe there are no underlings that could accept responsibility, but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt that isnt' the case)

5. Some changes are good on the website. I do like how it gives an insight into some of the different skillsets that are available. I do think it could be improved on by having people who actually have reached the summit of skil selling those skills, but it's a good start.

6. I think I'm one of the few that actually likes the new Wurm Online logo. It "feels" like Wurm to me (except the aqua coloring on the online part)

7. It's nice to have latest news on the front page. 

The bad: (Hang on,...)

1. For the love of Vynora, get rid of that cheesy flaming text. Wurm isn't "flaming". It is just reminiscent of a 90s game. A 90s game that someone created in their dorm room while on acid. 

2. There are soooo many redunancies in the website. You want a website to grab people's interest. If they look at two or three areas and they all say the same thing you'll lose them. They'll think "is there really so little in the game that they can't come up with more things to say?"

3. Uniformity: well it isn't there. We have a monitor and a gold box in a pretty forest scene. We have "Your destiny awaits" and "Wurm waits for noone". Huh? 

4. HIRE A FREAKIN PROOFREADER. Seriously. How does a company that wants to be taken seriously leave in such things as "insert company name/location" or "This is a generic terms of service contract...." ?

5. Misrepresentation of Wurm. The AI art is beautiful, and I understand it's meant to be a placeholder. But releasing it with pictures of stuff you can't do in Wurm (Rounded turrets? WHEN??) is misleading and gives the impression you're not an honest company. It destroys credibility.

6. The shop sells stuff that people worked hard to EARN. THere is the old fight amongst Wurm players/devs.. I spent weeks/months/years earning this, and now you think it will help retain new players by letting them have it instantly? That is not Wurm. Wurm is slow. If you're trying to retain players that can have everything instantly you're fighting a losing battle. The shop COULD make plenty of money by selling cosmetics that aren't available to earn in game: new furniture, clothing, armor, weapons. skins, even different colored horses. Selling stuff that people have the ability to earn in game is cutting corners, and alienates the long term player (the whole idea of this endeavor is to increase player base right?)

7. Did I mention that awful flaming text yet?

8. Consistancy through the website: You have the main page with the new logo, then a video that starts with the old logo. You have blocky texts through most of it, then some fancy scroll text that is hard to read in other areas. It feels like how I builty the buildings in my Batcave "let's build using every type of wall material, wall type, and fence type to show them off". It doesn't feel cohesive.

9. Too many places that are on the website to push people to buy premium/silvers. It feels pushy. People don't like pushy. 

10. That damn flaming text.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Xagru said:

Wow, so that means, 3 (4) NFI servers make 25k E per month?

what? where it says its only NFI? it says its since steam release

• Like 1

Just now, Votip said:

what? where it says its only NFI? it says its since steam release

Can you spawn to SFI from steam? Never tried, but NFI was created for players from steam, right?

5 minutes ago, Xagru said:

Can you spawn to SFI from steam? Never tried, but NFI was created for players from steam, right?

yes lol

please don't make this an nfi vs sfi topic, we have more important things to worry about (wurmonline dot com)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

yes lol

please don't make this an nfi vs sfi topic, we have more important things to worry about (wurmonline dot com)

It wasnt about nfi vs sfi, was about my suprising that 4 servers NFI make money from steam. Never used steam fro play in wurm, so was my suprising. Now I know steam is conneted with SFI. Just it.

Steam was mentioned in report as big sucess (850k euros in 3 years) as interlude to another innovations, still what we talk about here - new branding and monetization.

Edited by Xagru

27 minutes ago, Xagru said:

It wasnt about nfi vs sfi, was about my suprising that 4 servers NFI make money from steam. Never used steam fro play in wurm, so was my suprising. Now I know steam is conneted with SFI. Just it.

Steam was mentioned in report as big sucess (850k euros in 3 years) as interlude to another innovations, still what we talk about here - new branding and monetization.

I agree the wording could've been better with that one.

What's most likely meant is "Since the ability to launch Wurm Online through Steam as well........"
By saying that there's no difference shown between NFI and SFI; but the complete game is addressed. Which would've made things a lot more clear to start with.
But then....

.... as we've already noticed in other posts; so I won't go there again this time ; being clear about things isn't exactly the strongest point of a certain person.

Thorin :)

Hello k r i s t e r welcome to Wurm online. Holds out hand to pick k r i s t e r off the ground. Sorry about the bloody nose black eye and fat lip. Hands you some cotton use this it's what we use in game to get better.

If you haven't figured out w u r m i a n s are a little bit touchy. You see we have a long history of backstabbing double talking pissed off volunteers toxic player base and people that are tired of getting sold promises with no results.

So there's a lot of things to read in here I would suggest putting on your tin foil hat for some of them and some of them I would suggest that you take very seriously. Wurm has a demographic from my experience that is more based around people over 40 that have kids careers and are pretty damn smart. We're not your average Gamers here we know how to do research Investments some of us are CEOs  very lucrative and successful companies we know all the little tips and tricks of how things work and the business world and in the gaming world.

I cannot express this enough please communicate with us!!!

I would kill to see a Dev blog where we actually get to see the faces of the people that were working with see your smiles the passion in your voices.

Text does not convey that at all in fact in meetings that you have as a corporation you have face-to-face meetings not text meetings because people can read b******* and Body Language really really fast.

I would encourage you to come and apologize leave the Corp lingo talk at the door we don't talk that way in here just be real with us. We can figure out what's going on and  communication is something that Wurm has lacked a lot of over the years.

You can look my account I've been here for 14 1/2 years over 8,000 hours played and I am a noob compared to a lot the players in this game.

I personally know people who have invested thousands of dollars and hours to enjoy this game please take your steps lightly please talk to us and leave feedback and for the love of Mercy ignoring us is the absolute worst thing that you can do and that's why you've got so much rage on here.

We need more communication more understanding there would be more flexibility and how we understand things that you're doing.

I just want to say thank you for trying to make the website better. I know that it's probably designed the website to be more mobile app friendly like a lot of your games are and maybe you're even planning on coming out with a mobile app that does work with this game I'm not sure how that might happen but maybe.

But please again come in here humbly apologize for mistakes seek answers from your community most of us in here desperately desperately desperately desperately desperately desperately desperately desperately want wurm to survive we want new players we love sharing our information with them and we love our community.

And no that many desperately was not a mistake. Thank you for taking the time to read this I appreciate it. Puncher from Joyful  Resort

Edited by puncher
spacing
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

being clear about things

I see clear message - suite, steam success, huge office with empty chairs and nice view behind window, removed old staff with sweet thanks. Clear message is: you, me and everybody on this forum is ONLY consumer, not Wurmian (whats that mean?). Clear message is video is made for Swedish investors, not for us.

Spend 35s for trader as memorial, 20s for new gnomes. Have fun.

Bright future is coming. Is enough being clear about things?

Or should we talk about fake pictures on webage, ugly logo, fire fonts?

Edited by Xagru

1 hour ago, Xagru said:

was about my suprising that 4 servers NFI make money from steam

Just checked current players from the wurm status page: 644/14680 - so 175 logged with steam launcher and the rest 469 are using the launcher from wurm online site

f37cf06af60129da3f5e62bca1ad02a2.png

16 hours ago, Beewolf said:

No, they didn't put alot of work into it, that is exactly the problem.

We would appreciate if they would do.

The ones who put work into the game so it could hold our attention for years was the Devs of this game.

I am just a nice person and I do see they are trying to make changes to better the game. Some games never do. I do hope they listen to some opinions and keep improving. 

I think they will.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BoulderDash said:

the new direction of wurm is one to bring in new customers and younger players. the hype appeals to the younger crowd.  the point is to drive you away and bring in the younger users who will say how amazing it all looks. then they ask their parents for their credit cards so that they can buy some sweet silver items from the cash shop.

My first impression was like the burning flames and sounds of thunder can catch the young lads eyes after watching the new trailer.

Will most likely listen to the mommy voice "join the community and play for free by visiting wurmonline dot com"
because the flames and thunders are usually dangerous in the vast untamed world, the survival chance most likely increase by listening the voice who tell u what to do. A survival instinct.

They did a great job in marketing the young generation to try wurmonline IMO. New branding New website New players!

Edited by Coach

10 hours ago, Melketh said:

Can we discuss this gem added into the Terms of Service under User Generated Material;

Who's to determine what negative manner means?  Are we allowed to rightly criticise changes to the game on stream or in videos? When the game starts pushing highly predatory monetisation strategies on players, are we not allowed to discuss them?  Or are we forced to champion them if we wish to speak of them at all?

What are the penalties if the company decides comments we make or have made portray the game in a negative manner?

Edit:  It has been pointed out that the above language existed in the previous Terms of Service too and never really came up.

It’s not saying “game is bad” or “people are bad” it’s “I used Wurm online to launder stolen credit card info” negative manner. 

general terms for games tbh

Somehow an absolutely appropriate and fitting end for Wurm. And all done without Rolf!

vCyoit3.gif

Jesus, what happened to this game?

Just remake it on Unreal or something already

• Like 1

Rebranding? Game needs a sequel, it's been 17 years lol