Sign in to follow this  
Krister

New Branding and a New Website -Video

I think the valrei international logo that i made for this one -> https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/181715-valrei-international-merry-christmas/ was better than current

1.png

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Lubricant said:

Well that makes no sense on a business stand point. Only on the stance of a player. If "Wurm" doesn't work well then a new strat should be adopted. I really do hope the developers get opinions outside the wurm community on the game and what reasonable amount of work could be done to make it more enjoyable

Wurm does work pretty well. Pretty confident it's one of their more profitable properties as a company before the changes. Overhauling it less and improving other things more sounds like a pretty reasonable suggestion.

1 hour ago, Votip said:

I think the valrei international logo that i made for this one -> https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/181715-valrei-international-merry-christmas/ was better than current

A rustic, handcrafted feel. Made with love.

Despite this message likely getting lost in all the madness. I like to thank whoever added more payment options to buy premium. Now I can buy premium using iDeal, and there other new options as well.

And after logging into the game, I quickly discovered that Wurm... is still good old Wurm. Unlike the impression this thread gave me.

• Like 2

Using the animation effects, tone of sound, background music to try targeting the young generation to try this game?

The new trailer gave me a different vibe compare to the old one.

Can totally see the changes on the surface.

Wurm is waiting burning. 🔥

Anyone worked out the valuing for marks and the shop yet? I mean is buying via marks better value for money still as you end up with prem time too? I mean before we all start spending our silver lolp

..i guess eitherway nice to have the option.

Im more interested if anything.

The shop itself im a fan of, though 10s for a statuette is abit excessive.. considering its tiny.

However it be nice to see regular new content and options in it, if you want my money then something bigger than statuettes and gnomes is going to be needed ;)

Edited by Crack
  • Cat 1

Wurm-Farming.jpg

This picture makes the game seem like its something its not and SHOULD be deleted and replaced within a hour or so WHY are we using life is feudal/banished content WHY all the others you can tell its ai generated content that doesnt fit but this one can actually cause legal issues

6 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Wurm-Farming.jpg

This picture makes the game seem like its something its not and SHOULD be deleted and replaced within a hour or so WHY are we using life is feudal/banished content WHY all the others you can tell its ai generated content that doesnt fit but this one can actually cause legal issues

That's not Life is Feudal but now I want to play Life is Feudal 🙁

Just now, Cista said:

That's not Life is Feudal but now I want to play Life is Feudal 🙁

Life is feudal forest village the even lesser known village builder banished rip off

I see good intentions with shop and try to redesign web pages, but new logo is awful (mobile graphics style) .  Place holders(after weeks of work in progress, really?) with not in game graphics are terrible and creating impression of kickstarter scam.

Edited by Ringhai
  • Like 1

Krister let's be honest

All the sweat that you put into answering to peoples question in this topic ->

it's gone. I don't think anybody believes what you said and in your intentions after what happened today 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Votip said:

Krister let's be honest

All the sweat that you put into answering to peoples question in this topic ->

it's gone. I don't think anybody believes what you said and in your intentions after what happened today 

Completly so.

I have never spoken ill of the game that I have played and enjoyed for over 15 years. 

Today, I am changing that. 

This was a substantial miss and shows exactly what the future of Wurm will be without deviation from this path. Despite having an incredibly active and passionate playerbase, you opted for AI generated language and images to be replaced later. If this is how major items will be handled, how are we supposed to believe and hope that minor issues get handled well? 

I know most of the staff and they are INCREDIBLY passionate about WO, and I can assume those that I don't know personally are as well. Please for the love of Wurm @Krister, please lean on their experience. And if

the staff is busy, consider crowd sourcing things - most of us are pretty nice folks (albeit occasionally cranky). 

Please do better. I've enjoyed this game for far too long to see it implode in this way. 

Sincerely, 

Felthanne / Kaufecake 

Member of Wurm Online since October 7th 2007.

• Like 16

Sorry to say but the new logo just feels ... cheap. And mostly off the feels of the world of Wurm.

Can't say anything about the branding video - sadly it gives nothing to grasp into.

On the plus side: the Premium and Silver "coins" look nice!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cecci said:

Now I better shut up or I'll get banned.

Finally something I agree with veterans on, that's some progress 🙃

Seriously, I had hope, now I've lost it.

The very fact that plan started with a modification of website raised my concerns, but now I see that main source of ideas is a spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet is a very bad compass, especially since there are no positive changes to the game.

Any new ideas? Plans? New maps?

• Like 1

At least, can we get the new silver shop prices down to half?

28 minutes ago, Tor said:

At least, can we get the new silver shop prices down to half?

No because they want to make MORE silver regardless of premium membership increases or player count

Also I have to say freepik.com sure is getting used a lot for the art with almost all of it being ai generated >.>

Edited by wipeout

@Kristerplease watch this video. 

I have experience building brands and a wide array of small business and start-ups. You NEED to hear constructive feedback regarding this venture. Some of it is good but a lot of it is flawed!

• Like 18

His posts and replies feel AI generated to me.

Edited by VinceD26

Oof. Where to start.

I'm a long time wurm player. I have a TON of passion about this game and I've been writing about it for 12+ years. I'm quieter on the forums, but I approached this whole 'rebranding' with an open mind, because let's face it, we're all jaded over time by our games that we feel this much passion about. I wanted to give it a chance. Optimistic and what not. 

I went and read through this thread first before formulating my reply - STILL trying very hard to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. 

I can't. I was incredibly disappointed today. AI generated art? Images that have NOTHING to do with wurm? It looks cheap, and does not represent the game that I love so much AT ALL. 

I get that this stuff takes work and effort, but if YOU can't feel & display a real passion for our game, how is anyone else supposed to? 

** note ** I know it's mentioned that some/all of these images are supposedly placeholders but there's a right way and a wrong way to present that sort of a reveal to the active player base and that was the wrong way. 

I'm just sitting here shaking my head in dismay. I don't even really have words. 

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 9

This is what happens when the person in charge of the game, does not play the game. This is pathetic. The new logo is terrible. The website is horrendous. You have effectively pooped in the face of those of us who have played this game for over a decade, and in the faces of the people who see these fake images, then pop in the game are shocked. Way to go. Please sell the game or company. 

• Like 2