Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New walls!

The new wall types are live: Timber Jetty, Timber Balcony, Wooden Wide Window, Wooden Canopy Door, Plain Stone Oriel, Decorated Stone Oriel. Enjoy!

27 Cavalier Helmets were sent out to the 25% random Cavaliers of the winning Jenn-Kellon kingdom on the last Challenge round.

The poll for an Elevation Map reset has been finished, with the result of Yes [172 (68%)] versus  No [78 (31%)]. Total Players Voted: 250. Like the poll clearly stated, this is not binding in any way. This is a very drastical change for those involved with investments in time and land and we will not take any immediate action or decision based on this but make a statement next week instead. Even if we don’t reset the map, we will keep doing more tweaks and improvements to how Epic works in the following weeks.

Rumours have it that Vynora is focusing on some sort of research and will no longer partake in Valrei Missions like before. Vynora followers are expected to do Fo missions instead.

Fix for minedoor permissions not working correctly

Fix so cutting grass under bushes will work

Some changes to the Elevation depot spawn with more variation

• Like 3

How do we make the new walls? The options aren't showing up when I equip the hammer/trowel

Gotta love the challenge cavalier system. /sarcasm

Players out pvping & bashing enemy towers, Go hunted & lose due to bug

Players sitting on deed/in a cave for two weeks get helmets. *sigh*

Edited by akaedis
  • Like 2

so what is with new walls?  there is no option to make them... all buged...

Yes [172 (68%)] versus  No [78 (31%)] seems pretty clear cut. elections have been won on less.

• Like 6

The walls may be live, but they sure aren't working. And somehow I don't think they're activated with a fork and thatch. :P

Live walls are not live it seems. They aren't in the crafting interface nor are they present in the right-click menu with hammer, mallet, or trowel.

Yes [172 (68%)] versus  No [78 (31%)] seems pretty clear cut. elections have been won on less.

lol, yes, in a dictatorship. WURM is a dictatorship BTW.  ;)

lol, yes, in a dictatorship. WURM is a dictatorship BTW.  ;)

a voting system is democratic. Dictorships don't have them.

• Like 1

Im more curious about how Elevation managed 250 votes lol

• Like 14

Alts! Alts everywhere

a voting system is democratic. Dictorships don't have them.

The thing you mean is called "election".

Albeit some would say, that elections are basically worthless, too, and i would tend to aggree with those people,

voting systems are made to collect opinions of people.

They have zero meaning in decision-makings.

Yay for new walls, if they work.

No time to test it now, but they are looking great for sure.

Edited by Oldwolf

Oh right, the walls are hidden by a feature tag. I have enabled them now, might need a client restart for them to show in the crafting recipes list, but other then that they should work I think.

• Like 11

/slap ErikN :D

Can existing walls be modified to these new types in the same way that stone walls and plain stone walls can be?

• Like 2

I hope elevation gets reset... If the devs don't I think all the people that voted yes on the pole will just lose faith in Rolf, even more so than already. bridges soonâ„¢

/slap ErikN :D

Can existing walls be modified to these new types in the same way that stone walls and plain stone walls can be?

One of my alliance mates was able to change wall type with pliers. 

NM he misunderstood my question. 

Edited by KryoKitten

Would be dumb if ele gets a reset, I have not voted since I know elevation is not my cup of tea and I'm close to border anyways.

But resetting a server with a not so overwhelming result as happened on old affliction would piss a lot of ppl off and maybe even chase em away from epic.

Looking forward to see what more tweaks will follow in the next week's, very happy epic gets attention.

I just attempted with pliers on plain stone walls - tried a double door, wall, normal window, and narrow window - none give any options to change to a different wall type. Time to get them mauls ready folks!

I have to say, as someone that was kinda thinking of playing Challenge, i'm quite disapointed on how the rewards are done, and truly discouraged to play. As a team game ALL the winning team should win rewards, not just a village or 25% random. That's denying the efforts of the remaining players, and truly in wurm fashion, a veritable slap on the face for their player base.

Yes I can see from Csponges response, it must be very easy for people uneffected to make that decision for us

• Like 2

About the 250 who voted. Obviously some home server people and chaos involved. Personally, i voted yes, but im still completely against the fact that some jkhers came over and voted yes, which I stated verbally, to no avail of course. But still, i think its stupid that they came over just to vote, and even more stupid for chaos people to have voted. Id believe this whether they voted yes or no.

Edited by New_Unsleep
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the new walls!

Great work!

Just because the number of voters doesn't match the current elevation population, doesn't mean those players did not play on that map at some point over the last two to three years, let alone Epic in general.

Course even those who haven't played yet, might be encouraged to do so by a reset. Personally Im fine with whatever. Its not like Im invested much in Epic besides the occasional priest praying and some training.

Sure alts have always been a concern; though, personally there's no such thing as premium alts.

Edited by Klaa

Sign in to follow this