Sign in to follow this  
Hula_Girl

Keep leading after embarking

When we embark the boat/cart/horse/whatever, we stop leading all animals. This is pointless, please remove it.

• Like 13

+1 same with relogging!

Edited by Alyeska

Ugh having to re-lead especially on the larger ships is such a pain.

I posted on this a couple months ago and am totally a fan. Such a pain chasing down animals that escape, because you have to hop off and on your boat or cart.

• Like 1

Also +1, agreed the animal shouldn't stop being lead unless you specifically choose to do so.

Good suggestion. I am kind of curious as to why they are programmed to go off of lead when embarking on carts/wagons anyway.

=Ayes=

Good suggestion. I am kind of curious as to why they are programmed to go off of lead when embarking on carts/wagons anyway.

=Ayes=

My guess is the programmers were lazy when implementing the "stop leading the horse that you start to ride" ;)

• Like 1

+1 same with relogging!

Relogging is because if you're on a boat/horse, it acts as if you're embarking which stops the leading.  Relogging on foot would keep it led, assuming you didn't leave world anyway.  So if embarking changes, so would relogging

While it can create an issue with more backup horses in pvp being able to embark one and still lead 3 more having 5 horses total, there is that big cr hit.  Could always just increase the cr nerf for each horse you lead more than 1 anyway or something like that

Edited by MrGARY

Relogging is because if you're on a boat/horse, it acts as if you're embarking which stops the leading.  Relogging on foot would keep it led, assuming you didn't leave world anyway.  So if embarking changes, so would relogging

While it can create an issue with more backup horses in pvp being able to embark one and still lead 3 more having 5 horses total, there is that big cr hit.  Could always just increase the cr nerf for each horse you lead more than 1 anyway or something like that

I didn't know that :) should be a fairly easy fix then!

+1 it should be easy enough.  Especially since you do keep leading when you disembark.

Since they have the coding worked out for hitching to tents why not just be able to hitch them to the boat, this way if your traveling you can hitch them over night to keep them safe. Would also stay hitched while getting on or off.

Edited by Evilvision
  • Like 4

Since they have the coding worked out for hitching to tents why not just be able to hitch them to the boat, this way if your traveling you can hitch them over night to keep them safe. Would also stay hitched while getting on or off

Genius! Simple and seems so obvious now.  Wish I thought of it :)

+1 also.....but why not just use "Hitch" to boat/cart/wagon....already have "hitch" on explorers tents

It would seem to me something like this was done on purpose (most likely for PvP).  For that reason, I doubt it would ever be changed, but I think Evilvision has a nice compromise in using the "hitch" functionality on boats.