Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Upcoming changes to Disintegrate *BE WARNED*

Well that's an entertaining read, ironically both sides have a point here, MR did good work and were denied loot by a bug, JK were screwed over by the game dev blowing a hole into their previously secure vault. All I can say is much forum drama. Please remember it's a game and threats have no place in it :) Sorry to see Rolf interfere for one kingdom when he told me to go take a hike when I complained about my account being unplayable because I was out of /fatigue.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - inflammatory, OT
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - inflammatory, OT

So wait did we really get into that vault ? I left before the end of the raid. As much as I feel good for getting loot that we deserved, I can't agree that it was totally fair because JK put the gear in there thinking it would be safe. If they knew it was not safe they might have tried to force themselves out of the deed together with the loot. Not an easy thing to do but still a possibility, very small possibility but still a possibility.

On another note, Xallo, if only you spent more time playing instead of posting, your kingdom would not be such a disgrace to the server and the pvp community. You were never to be found during the events but yet you are the one that makes the most post in the forums about it.

Also i just realized something. Security-wise reinforced walls are now basically useless. On PvE there's 2 reasons to have reinforced walls: prevent collapses and to protect your perimeter/offdeed mines. Now this basically denies the second, since its pretty simple to get a mag priest to open a hole into someone's perimeter tiles.

Awesome move...

Because of how badly PvP is designed, the better part of the game gets crapped out again.

I'm not trying to turn this into a PvP vs PvE thread, but c'mon its freaking ridiculous.

• Like 1

Also i just realized something. Security-wise reinforced walls are now basically useless. On PvE there's 2 reasons to have reinforced walls: prevent collapses and to protect your perimeter/offdeed mines. Now this basically denies the second, since its pretty simple to get a mag priest to open a hole into someone's perimeter tiles.

Awesome move...

Because of how badly PvP is designed, the better part of the game gets crapped out again.

I'm not trying to turn this into a PvP vs PvE thread, but c'mon its freaking ridiculous.

True indeed, but I hear them coming KanePT.... I hear them coming.... the Knights who say NI"Deed it or loose it"

The one rule that rules them all (and that I start to hate more and more, not that I have anything valuable in my mines besides rock and veins, but yeah)

We wont see to many abuses on this one, but it might turn some neighbour-fights into serious wars if they can find/make a priest capable to invade a reinforced minetunnel.

But maybe adding a 40 soulstrength requiredment might be another option to turn down people from trying to make grief priests (since with sermons, getting the faith/favor isnt hard at all)

Edited by Lycanthropic

No one seamed to notice its REALLY HARD to land a cast to break a reinforced tile? like, I want to stress this REALLY HARD point to the freedom players. If someone wants to do something REALLY HARD to break into your offdeed reinforced mine, you 
A) Should Have deeded it or 

B) Probably not pissed someone off to the point they want to sink hours and Thousands of favor into greifing you.

True indeed, but I hear them coming KanePT.... I hear them coming.... the Knights who say NI"Deed it or loose it"

The one rule that rules them all (and that I start to hate more and more, not that I have anything valuable in my mines besides rock and veins, but yeah)

We wont see to many abuses on this one, but it might turn some neighbour-fights into serious wars if they can find/make a priest capable to invade a reinforced minetunnel.

But maybe adding a 40 soulstrength requiredment might be another option to turn down people from trying to make grief priests (since with sermons, getting the faith/favor isnt hard at all)

Just want to point out that this is a very hard cast to do. I gues it might be good if you couldn't do it in perimiter on freedom though

No one seamed to notice its REALLY HARD to land a cast to break a reinforced tile? like, I want to stress this REALLY HARD point to the freedom players. If someone wants to do something REALLY HARD to break into your offdeed reinforced mine, you 

B) Probably not pissed someone off to the point they want to sink hours and Thousands of favor into greifing you.

You forget the almighty Wurmian RNG, its either 1 lucky cast or 100 failed ones ;)

• Like 1

Another nerf to Mag priests :( First they make aosp available for everybody and now we lose last unique usefull spell. I've spended months to make my priest alt and now they took away last possibility to earn something with it.

• Like 1

IS IT REALLY HARD?

Or is it not yet really fixed?

Cause what it seems to be is not yet working as Rolf now intends it. Hence why he came on himself to destroy that tile.

And yes its so nice to see something that deepens the gap between really old players and new ones. I'm betting that all new players will be glad to know that some guy can basically delete your mine just because he has a high level magranon priest and you can't retaliate cause you don't so much.

Another nerf to Mag priests :( First they make aosp available for everybody and now we lose last unique usefull spell. I've spended months to make my priest alt and now they took away last possibility to earn something with it.

Best spell is still strongwall, but yeah, The reinforcing part of strongwall will lose its value as soon as this happens.

Pending the next update, Disintegrate will now remove reinforcements on cave walls.

Both Disintegrate and Strongwall are now tied with deed permissions for on deed activities (mining, to be exact).

Then strongwall is also broken, I've had someone withOUT permissions who strongwalled on my deed.

As long as someone without permissions cant disintigrate or strongwall on one of my deed tiles, I dont have a problem. Unless both have been fixed very recently that is NOT currently the case. (Strongwall for sure)

Edited by conmcb25

Rolf only mentioned disintegrate in Emoo's logs:

[00:14:40] <Rolf> it's possible to break using disintegrate, we're adding it to all religions though

So there is still money to be earned with strongwalling.

No, just please no

What is the point in having a deed anymore if they can just walk in and take everything with little work

Edited by blayze
  • Like 5

that doesnt really seem like the best solution, it sounds more of a rushed change to satisfy a small demographic, but you make a lot more possible victims just to fix 1 problem.  

• Like 8

so... if someone makes a vault 4 tiles thick, chances are a lot of favored gems, and hours of raiding will be needed.

Wonder if Fo gets a flatten Earth spell (dirt walls being leveled).  Or if Vyn gets a destroy building spell (destroying an entire building in 1 go).

because that is about the equivalent of letting Mags pop reinforced mines.

• Like 2

with this change all religions need to have the ability to strongwall AND disintegrate.

WL kingdoms are fine since both jk and MR have the ability to have mags on deed but BL are at a severe disadvantage because we cannot do a safemine 10 tiles thick of reinforced tiles (would require strongwall on deed)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - trolling

Does Rolf know what is or is not in wurm now days? After all. he did say beer was in wurm long ago....... still no beer?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - cleanup

Does Rolf know what is or is not in wurm now days? After all. he did say beer was in wurm long ago....... still no beer?

maybe he meant bear....

• Like 1

No, just please no

What is the point in having a deed anymore if they can just walk in and take everything with little work

They can't. If you actually bother to take the time to read the chat logs from Rolf, or Emoo's comments, you see INCREDIBLY clearly, that it is VERY difficult to get a good enough cast to break a strongwall tile. Not to mention you could make layers of strongwall tiles, and getting in would be insane.

Please, really, read what was said before making brutally ignorant posts.

• Like 2

It's hard to tell, does rolf handle boat calls now too? and missing horses along with pvp raid bugs in person?

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 1

I love this thread. I love seeing so many freedomers chime up regarding the favoritism.

It warms my heart. Welcome my brothers.

I'm kind of stunned that this was considered an exploit all these years. Are there even any serious PVP towns not entirely designed based on this mechanic? This should have been a major announcement months in advance. It's worrying that changes of this magnitude are still implemented without warning from management and without adequate time for people to rethink their security.

I'm just glad I don't run a deed. It's a massive undertaking (months+?) to build a reasonably secure place, and knowing your design can be invalidated overnight is a significant deterrent to deeding.

TLDR: couldn't care less about this particular change, but please stop implementing things on a whim.

• Like 3

I'm kind of stunned that this was considered an exploit all these years. Are there even any serious PVP towns not entirely designed based on this mechanic? This should have been a major announcement months in advance. It's worrying that changes of this magnitude are still implemented without warning from management and without adequate time for people to rethink their security.

I'm just glad I don't run a deed. It's a massive undertaking (months+?) to build a reasonably secure place, and knowing your design can be invalidated overnight is a significant deterrent to deeding.

TLDR: couldn't care less about this particular change, but please stop implementing things on a whim.

Don't fool yourself, it was considered an exploit when someone whined and Rolf thought those guys were right, because lack of ingame experience.

• Like 3

They can't. If you actually bother to take the time to read the chat logs from Rolf, or Emoo's comments, you see INCREDIBLY clearly, that it is VERY difficult to get a good enough cast to break a strongwall tile. Not to mention you could make layers of strongwall tiles, and getting in would be insane.

Please, really, read what was said before making brutally ignorant posts.

I did read, you need to know how to do math...

Ill break it down for you.

[01:13:56] <Rolf> so if you get a power 50 cast you have 1 in 50 to break the wall

[01:14:20] <Rolf> a power 90 cast has 10% chance to be successful

So from this we can tell its going to be 1/(100 - cast power) chance to break the wall. So if we look at a 50 power cast there is a 1/50 chance or it will break on average once in 50 attempts. If you have above 50 channeling that is incredibly easy to do. On average I would say 1 out of 3 casts are above 50 on the priest I use which has ok stats. So lets say that some one brings 20 priests, it will take a total of 7.5 casts on average for each priest to break though one wall. If you convert this to time its 7.5 minutes per wall. Even if they only bring 10 priests it will take 15 casts for each one which is 15 minutes.

So 7-15 minutes per wall. 

How about NO.

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

Ill break it down for you. as

[01:13:56] <Rolf> so if you get a power 50 cast you have 1 in 50 to break the wall

So from this we can tell its going to be 1/(cast power) chance to break the wall. So if we look at a 50 power cast there is a 1/50 chance or it will break on average once in 50 attempts. If you have above 50 channeling that is incredibly easy to do. On average I would say 1 out of 3 casts are above 50 on the priest I use that has ok stats. So lets say that some one brings 20 priests, it will take a total of 7.5 casts on average for each priest to break though one wall. If you convert this to time its 7.5 minutes per wall. Even if they only bring 10 priests it will take 15 casts for each one which is 15 minutes.

How about NO.

And that's if those numbers are correct/final.

Ill break it down for you. as

So from this we can tell its going to be 1/(100 - cast power) chance to break the wall. So if we look at a 50 power cast there is a 1/50 chance or it will break on average once in 50 attempts. If you have above 50 channeling that is incredibly easy to do. On average I would say 1 out of 3 casts are above 50 on the priest I use that has ok stats. So lets say that some one brings 20 priests, it will take a total of 7.5 casts on average for each priest to break though one wall. If you convert this to time its 7.5 minutes per wall. Even if they only bring 10 priests it will take 15 casts for each one which is 15 minutes.

How about NO.

What you're failing to take into account is the difficulty of the spell.  It took over 10000 favor for 3 mag Champs before we got a successful roll. I Dunno about you but I don't really consider 10000 favor to be sniffed at either in the form of gems or saccing with either (Specifically when you consider that you cannot sac on deed).

Edited by Emoo