Spacy

RIP Aaedean

I am honored and saddened to bring the Wurm community the news of the passing of one of our own.  Aaedean passed away tonight after a lengthily hospital stay following a heart attack this October.  Many people have encountered him as he was very generous with his time, often helping at many community events as the master craftsman he was.  Please use this post to recount stories of encounters with him and how he may have impacted your time in Wurm. 

In loving memory of Aaedean,

A master craftsman whose hands shaped wonders,

Smithing and carpentry were his canvas,

His artistry a testament to boundless skill.

Yet beyond the brilliance of his craft,

Lies the legacy of a generous soul,

A heart that gave abundantly,

To friends, to kin, to community whole.

Rest now, dear Aaedean,

Your works immortalized in metal and wood,

Your kindness a lasting echo,

In the hearts you've touched, forever understood.

• Like 55

He will be missed and I was very saddened to hear of this.  It seems like just yesterday I was at his deed picking up materials.  Always there and always willing to lend a hand. 💜💜

• Like 1

Few things have hit me as hard as this news tonight. My words will fail me. Wisdom would ask me to wait until the tears have dried and time has allowed me to organize my thoughts. But there is also a wisdom of the heart in the moment of impact, when a light that was constant goes out. The world is darker, and for this moment, the loss is blinding. I never knew Aaedean to do anything other than give, as if for him giving was the same as breathing. With every blow of his hammer, the gentle lesson he taught us all was there like a song, a heartbeat, that has now stilled, and in the silence, the deafening silence, I am brought to my knees in the face of this loss. When I stand back up again, I hope to honor everything he taught me in learning how to be as generous in my own life. But tonight, I mourn. We lost a beacon of light. And this darkness falls heavy.

• Like 10

NOOOOO not Aaedean!  oooh, he was always so sweet and helpful.  This just breaks my heart.  😭

Edited by Atheline
  • Like 1

I wish I had more interactions with Aaedean, most of them were just trade related, but I can tell that he had a large impact on the game, and we will all certainly miss him. I hope that he is able to rest easy now and knows that his name will continue to live on in Wurm.

• Like 3

Alliance chat has seemed quiet since he went into the hospital 😕

So sad it's permanent. He was always so helpful and sweet. Everyone will miss him terribly 😢 

• Like 2

Oh noo not Aaedean 😢 

He was so generous and helped me a couple of times. I walked into him a lot when going to events and he always seemed to enjoy them a lot.
I got to know him a bit better over time and he told me story’s of his life. I hope he will rest in peace ❤️

• Like 2

I have spoken to him several times when i started playing back in 2019, get to know him. He is from Arkansas, not far from where i grew up. Things didnt work out time to time during my times and other players as well. I had a tough time when i was learning the game, etc.

RIP Aaedean, hope you can finally rest in peace :(

• Like 3

Spacy asked us to tell stories of who he was. I didn't follow directions with my first post - the news had hit me too hard. But I will now....

There are 1300 items in Rockcliff Museum. Aaedean had a hand in imping over half of them for longevity, and for finding signatures. He is the reason for so many people being remembered there. I could send over things I found any time of the day or night, and he would imp them in less than 48 hours and tell me to send more any time. His dedication to the Museum, and all the work he did there was astounding, and would have been a legacy just in and of itself. But it was just a tiny drop in the bucket of all he did for us at impalongs, ingame all day long, just being who he was. His generosity was so profound that imping hundreds of items for a museum for two years was one of the many little things he did in between everything else he did. It was a huge honor to know him. 

• Like 8

may he rest in peace :(

Edited by Jaclyn
  • Like 1

He was my first friend in Wurm back 4-5 years ago, when I started in Xanadu. He gave me free casted tools, and was always offering me stuff with great discounts. Even helped me with an order to make silver and pay my first premiums. 

He was truly the most generous person I have ever met in Wurm, may his soul rests in peace.

• Like 1

Dean was always fun, kind, and helpful, and I miss our friendly ss skill competition among many other things. I wanted to get off his ss imping teet, and with some encouragement, finally did, and rose to his ranks where I could tease him about finally being capable and catching up to him.

This is pretty striking news, and I'm wishing the best to all of his friends and family in Wurm and irl alike. 

RIP Friend. You will be sorely missed.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 2

I have so much to say about Aaedean this forum with all its pages are not big enough to hold all of my thoughts. He was generous in so many ways to so many people. My favorite and unfavorite line will always be (something many of you heard many times).. "Imp til you puke and imp some more"! He taught me so much in Wurm and made all the painful tasks almost enjoyable. We've had many adventures. He was kind enough to let me build on his deed because he knew building and designing were my favorite parts of wurm. And we have so many plans now that wont be finished. He would send me links of music to keep me singing and dancing in my kitchen during the grunt work. At some point he changed my name to Brooke lol. So if you ever see a little Brookelyn running around Wurm that character was made just for him.

His favorite things were his grandkids, and his children, and of course his Hero his lovely wife.

He never got to kill enough trolls before he left the earth, so please kill a troll in his honor today! 

Our alliance has created a tribute page for his family to view later when they are ready and for our memories, https://discordapp.com/channels/844553126266798120/1189580447009742899

We will be planning some memorials and have postponed our annual alliance New Years Bash which we will announce at a later date while we add some of these memorials to this years bash since he loved this party so much and everyone is invited. If you are interested in helping with memorials, or need help with creating your own, please let us know in his page above. 

12:20:16] MOTD: ***********RIP to our Mighty Aaedean- Gone but never forgotten*************** 

• Like 8

I am at a loss for words. I would just like to say Thank You Aaedean for doing everything that you have done. Both for myself, our Xanadu alliance and the rest of the Wurm community. You were such an amazing Wurmian and friend. I only wish I had spent more time conversing with you. Thank you again for helping me complete my PMK collection. I will treasure the wagons you gave me always. My condolences to his Wife and the rest of his family. I hope from reading this forum you can see how kindhearted of a person he was in game and how deeply he will be missed. Rest in peace Aaedean.

• Like 4

This is so sad. I used to enjoy poking fun at him by asking what skills he was slacking on when he'd post amazing gains and numbers. He always took this in such good humour and I respected his dedication to the game.

Alliance chat will never be the same and you will be missed 'Dean'

• Like 1

Aaedean had the biggest heart, and was constantly helping others, and giving of his time, efforts, and skills. He will sorely be missed. 

• Like 4

Aaedean was (how I hate to write was) such a kind soul. He welcomed me with open arms when I first started playing, inviting me into his house cluttered with bison, rare slabs and assorted furniture. I treasure the gifts he gave me now and always will. The world is a poorer place without his cheerfulness and optimism, even in the face of failing health. I shall miss him terribly.

@Spacyhas his Go Fund Me been posted here? His wife is still some $8k short of her goal for paying his medical bills.

• Like 3

I don't know what to say. I'm still processing everything, it's hard to accept that such a great heart has been stilled. He has touched a lot of lives in our Wurm community, and will be sorely missed. I don't have a way with words like some of you, but know that I will always remember my great friend for his kindness, his love of his family, his dedication to helping out new players, his tireless efforts at Impalongs and other Wurm events, and especially his bear hugs. I'm a better person for having had him in my life. 

Oh. And never forget that Repair is the most important skill in the game! :P

Edited by KindraShae
  • Like 6

While I never had the pleasure of knowing him, deaths are always sad news. May he rest in peace and his memory live on.

• Like 3

Such a sad day. Aaedean has always been so generous with his time and wisdom. He'd always offer to imp tools for me if he saw me advertising in trade, but I felt bad taking him up on his offer, cause he'd never charge for the imps, even if I asked him to. He was such a kind person, and always ready to help anyone. I've heard countless stories over the years of him helping out players. Our world, both IRL and Wurm, is diminished with this loss. Rest In Peace Dean, you touched so many lives and will always have a place in our hearts.

• Like 3

Farewell, dear friend, and may your adventures in the great beyond be as epic and fulfilling as those you experienced in Wurm Online.

• Like 2