Camelrider

Let SFI portal to Defiance

7 minutes ago, Nicephoros said:

I think Choas should be the only PvP server and everything else PvE, connect NFI and SFI get rid of epic - then you can just sail between them, as for the other detaisl i leave up to you

The vast majority of players like most of the Defiance only ruleset such as no imbues, and limited meditation paths, and the rapid speed of replacement horses to allow fast regearing without worrying and are actively against those which exist on SFI.

One of the selling points for developers is that the Defiance economy is seperated so they could do crazy things, altering the Chaos ruleset to be the same as Defiance alone would cause a massive shift in certain economies.

• Like 2

The only thing I'd like to see with this would be a whole weapon/armor revamp/rebalancing. Especially lowering the Strength of sickle by 1 to match any other weapons with 3 second swing timers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicephoros said:

I think Choas should be the only PvP server and everything else PvE, connect NFI and SFI get rid of epic - then you can just sail between them, as for the other detaisl i leave up to you

Not sure if this is a troll. Why chaos?

24 minutes ago, Atndy said:

Not sure if this is a troll. Why chaos?

I can't speak for them but for most it's mostly to do with the fact the map has a very long and storied history. I'd be sad to actually flat out lose the map/server as it is, I would be interested to see some form of "preservation" of it, even as the often requested but sorta weird concept of a hunting server without deeds, rifts and uniques.

I do want to see what Defiance is made up of expanded on, refined and rebalanced for a more interesting server that's better linked and supported with the consolidated playerbase. I would sacrifice Chaos for that if need be.

Another missed customer

[12:58:50] <Xanthor> Does anyone play this?
[12:59:29] <Zzzomar> what server u on?
[12:59:59] <Xanthor> desertion
[13:00:21] <Zzzomar> that cluster is dead bro
[13:00:26] <Zzzomar> type  /who
[13:00:28] <Xanthor> oh .
[13:00:39] <Xanthor> lmao
[13:00:54] <Xanthor> can i transfer?
[13:01:38] <Xanthor> okay. how many are where you are?

• Like 4

Don't worry, my confidence is pretty high they'll wait long enough that it won't matter.  The level of frustration is pretty high right now amongst PvPers.  I'm sure in another year there will be so few players I'm not sure anything will be enough to save it

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sinnjinn said:

Don't worry, my confidence is pretty high they'll wait long enough that it won't matter.  The level of frustration is pretty high right now amongst PvPers.  I'm sure in another year there will be so few players I'm not sure anything will be enough to save it

no pvpers then no problem for developing for pvpers. Problem fixes itself. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Omar said:

Another missed customer

[12:58:50] <Xanthor> Does anyone play this?
[12:59:29] <Zzzomar> what server u on?
[12:59:59] <Xanthor> desertion
[13:00:21] <Zzzomar> that cluster is dead bro
[13:00:26] <Zzzomar> type  /who
[13:00:28] <Xanthor> oh .
[13:00:39] <Xanthor> lmao
[13:00:54] <Xanthor> can i transfer?
[13:01:38] <Xanthor> okay. how many are where you are?

Imagine if there was a away to start on any freedom server and let's say for example have a portal leading to the only pvp server where all the pvp comunity is gatherd. Wild idea i know.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Imagine if there was a away to start on any freedom server and let's say for example have a portal leading to the only pvp server where all the pvp comunity is gatherd. Wild idea i know.

Epic?

Against all of them, unless SFI and NFI are merged before. Also I am against losing the Chaos-Freedom relationship which has proven beneficial for both PvE and PvP community parts.

• Cat 1

Merge NFI and SFI through chaos. Delete defiance. Only way to get to NFI is northern chaos border and to SFI is the southern border. GG and free content for pvpers 

• Like 1

My question is. When can we get an update from a Developer or from Army? 

It would be nice to have an update that we are being heard and taken serious. 

4 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Merge NFI and SFI through chaos. Delete defiance. Only way to get to NFI is northern chaos border and to SFI is the southern border. GG and free content for pvpers 

That is a troll. Forced PvP happened once in Wurm, and must never happen again.

Generally: The cluster merge would indeed solve the Defiance portal request, all Wurmians could portal to Defiance. In a longer perspective, it could be sensible to implement the Defiance ruleset and mechanics on Epic, maybe after that, replace Elevation by´ Defiance.

1 hour ago, Deltadoggg said:

It would be nice to have an update that we are being heard and taken serious.

I'm watching this discussion closely here and on Discord, and I stay in constant exchange with the developers about it.

We are highly interested in finding a solution to solve this problem as well, but things are not always as easy as they seem.

If there is something new to share (or something specific to discuss) I'll let you know, but for now my last update on this topic still stands.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

8 minutes ago, Army said:

I'm watching this discussion closely here and on Discord, and I stay in constant exchange with the developers about it.

We are highly interested in finding a solution to solve this problem as well, but things are not always as easy as they seem.

If there is something new to share (or something specific to discuss) I'll let you know, but for now my last update on this topic still stands.

Could you detail what exactly is making it difficult to do anything at this moment, aside from focus being placed elsewhere? Keenan had made it clear one of the big things standing in the way of an NFI/SFI merge was differences in the code base. If that's the case, is there any intention on rectifying those differences soon? I had spoken to Darklords in the discord some time ago, and he made it sound as if those code differences were testing tweaks to things like creation rarity chance, among other gameplay tweaks. He also said he'd look into making a post explaining said changes as they've been in since NFI launch, and surely should be done testing.

Transparency is always good, so could you get any word on if those differences in the code base still exist and if so, what are they, why are they still a thing, and when will they be solved? 

• Like 4

Just a heads up mysterious developers, whatever is making this process “not as easy as it seems” you have an entire community here that you can discuss the roadblocks with. We may be “abrasive” but it’s only because we’re passionate.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 6:59 PM, Madnath said:

The worst part? It's obvious you can't see the forest for the trees. In your focus of new player retention you're forgetting that current player retention of the PvP community is on unsteady ground. 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:13 PM, Camelrider said:

When i started the game, PvP was the largest part of the playerbase. When i started the game, PvP made up most of the income of the game. Ten years afterwards, PvP still made up most of the income of the game.

Ever since Rolf's departure, the updates for PvP have been super far apart, it's not much of a wonder to guess why its not very large and doesn't generate much revenue anymore.

2 hours ago, Votip said:

ok i am not buying next premium

I  wonder how many new players (that stay playing, not that quit after two weeks) it will take before the game makes a net positive from losing the long standing members of the community.

I've been on the edge of quitting this game for a long while and through my quest to amass in game currency and my highly expendable income off the platform, I still swipe cards for alt premium and deed costs.

How many new players would be needed just to cover me abandoning my dozen 3-10s deeds, my alt army? The silver I buy for all my care slots and the other BS I buy? When an entire kingdoms worth of players quit, you're losing monthly premium purchases of normally 2-5 characters, multiple deeds, silver purchases to maintain/rebuy equipment, silver purchases for meditation path changes, rez stones, shaker orbs etc.

How hard has the developer and business teams for this game really looked into retaining the advanced playerbase vs growing new players? I think easily you'd need to recruit 10 new players that each pick up an alt or two and expand their deed quite big and pay to play for a minimum of two years just to match my YEARLY contribution to the games revenue ONCE.

Edited by Blazecraze
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Army said:

Honestly I feel like you should give more context here, I personally don't understand what you mean? Like is it it a skill issue for the devs to code it? I'm sure if you asked the community for help we'd love to help with it. If that's the main issue there is a lot of experienced Wurm Unlimited modders in this thread for example who have done pvp content before.

Polling ingame works well, it should be used again. I would also just make it a game-wide poll which includes freedom as well. Currently there are a lot of people that barley play already due to pvp being dead. Some players just hang on freedom and toss coins into their deeds hoping for a better tomorrow.

Connect all of the pvp servers using a portal, make a big ad campaign for it, new server, new pizzazz, rewards for pvp etc and trust me everyone will play it. Think of challenge but better.

SFI and NFI do not have to be merged if you really don't want it to be. Personally it'd be easier to code it if you did.

There is not much of a point in not merging one part of gameplay, the one the huge majority is playing, but merging a part of the game system with unknown consequences. And first a plan for all PvP servers would be needed. Epic is significant for many players on Freedom, Chaos is part of Freedom, and the exchange and trade with Hota statues, towers, wagons, flags, and banners is significant for Freedom PvE and PvP. And such a hasty and halfbred pseudo mini merge may cause further roadblocks for a cluster merge.

I very well recall how "the PvP community" campaigned in the forums in 2018/19 dissuading or pressing towards what became the Elevation 3 launch. They mouthfully promised to come and stay in the hundreds. Elevation relaunch heeded many of their proposals, and was meant as a test environment for further improvements. Once launched, some 60 or 120 bored PvPers came, bashed one another a few weeks for their fun, started a completely useless and egotist infight on MolRehan, than ran away toward some new PvP Tripe-A openings. Since then, I lost any trust into the "PvP community", and would advise the dev team to be cautious too. 

Just a remark about the "dying game": MRTG shows the highest October participation of the last 2 years. Just to say.

And about the PvP community:

PVP

Chaos: 23 | Defiance: 28 | Epic: 15

Total: 66

Overall Players

Just to mention

Edited by Ekcin
  • Cat 1

11 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Once launched, some 60 or 120 bored PvPers came, bashed one another a few weeks for their fun, started a completely useless and egotist infight on MolRehan, than ran away toward some new PvP Tripe-A openings.

that's a fair bit of revisionism, people stopped logging in because broken reputation/epic mechanics literally prevented playing the game and you'd spend 3/4 of your gametime waiting on support tickets to fix it. people were getting kos'd on their own deeds from reputation, a few got force converted to hots from fighting or catapulting buildings the enemy made, people got depriested because their spells were healing players that counted as both enemies and friends, damaging spells were hit or miss if they'd actually hit your enemies, people got stuck at -200 rep and would get killed by their own guards/templars and lose 5x1.25 skills on death, you couldn't do anything on deed because permissions blocked it even with templars being dead, multiple raid/pvp bans. there's more going on ingame than what you read on the forums and basing your opinion on an entire group of people from forum posts is odd, to say the least

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

that's a fair bit of revisionism, people stopped logging in because broken reputation/epic mechanics literally prevented playing the game and you'd spend 3/4 of your gametime waiting on support tickets to fix it. people were getting kos'd on their own deeds from reputation, a few got force converted to hots from fighting or catapulting buildings the enemy made, people got depriested because their spells were healing players that counted as both enemies and friends, damaging spells were hit or miss if they'd actually hit your enemies, people got stuck at -200 rep and would get killed by their own guards/templars and lose 5x1.25 skills on death, you couldn't do anything on deed because permissions blocked it even with templars being dead, multiple raid/pvp bans. there's more going on ingame than what you read on the forums and basing your opinion on an entire group of people from forum posts is odd, to say the least

Great illustration of the "just a little coding, what could go wrong (FLW)" reasoning. Fact is that the PvPers abandoned Elevation very fast, and ther was not a lot of public feedback. Actually, I like Epic and would hoped for a second chance for it, and the outcome was disappointing. And I did not say that the dev team at that time was overstaffed, overpaid, or underemployed, rather struggling with a lot of tasks.

45 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

And about the PvP community:

PVP

Chaos: 23 | Defiance: 28 | Epic: 15

Total: 66

Overall Players

What does that have to do with anything? Those numbers mean absolutely nothing. Every pvper could log in their accounts on pvp and bump the number easily. Pop count doesn't count unique or even prem accounts.