1. Basically what Trash said, I feel the damage is fine, if anything the glance rates are what needs some adjusting since it's kinda painful to try and endlessly ping a croc forever. It makes sense it's harder to pierce them, but with arrows being how they are currently, I think it just adds an extra "eugh" factor.
2. Sounds both fun and painful. I'd say "no thanks" based on there already being enough damage modifiers that it sounds already way too much regardless of skill/arrow level.
3. I can get behind this, making it more predictable and easier to know where the arrows will be.
4. I think painting the wood sounds kinda pointless, but all in for allowing us to dye the feathers. I floated the idea in GL that you should simply be able to instant dye arrow feathers a bright red by simply having a cochineal active and hitting an option to dye them. Maybe just in stacks of 10 to 20 at a time. Arrows that have that done to them should have the feather end appear larger too. Just generally giving us more ways to make arrows visible on the ground would go a long way.
5. Sure, I don't see why not. I'm not sure how well adopted it'd be since arrows are already silly to imp given you can just slam them into a BSB and get them back to a log imp, which is already x2 imp gain. Feathers kinda suck to gather in large amounts unless you have a chicken farm for some reason. In reality double the QL gain rate would just be flat for all imp actions, or x4 for log imping if it stacks atop of the current system. If it's the former, people likely wont bother because they get the same benefit from war arrows without the feather requirement. If it's the latter then people might adopt it if arrows are made easier to find, but I wouldn't imagine it being widely done unless it doesn't use an entire feather item in the crafting recipe.
Edit - if anything is going to do more damage I'd argue it should come from BT since it doesn't really add much to grind 10K BT on it. "all bows on nonepic servers have 1/5 damage enchant effectiveness so they max out at 6% damage or so" t. Silakka