Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Cave dwelling testing!

7 hours ago, Odynn said:

there is no weather in caves! only potential rock falling from the ceiling! you want reinforced concrete floors instead of roofs!

but it's a game!!!!

• Like 3

I haven't tried this yet, but a question about max cave ceilings came to mind. If you mine up to max height, destroy the building, can you then lower the floor?

You won't be able to surpass the max cave height -if I distilled Tich's comment  currently.  So max 240ish cave  height is  the hard cap.

OK tryed catapult and trebucher in cave , dont work but will look cool for the dwarveness in you...;)

Now I haven't tried this... but anyone built a tower tall enough to peak out of the cave layer?

Though assuming its similar to clipping the roof with one's head atm.

21 hours ago, cccdfern said:

Signs:

On my screen I can't see all of the letters, yet on gf's can.

Hide contents

A4uz1XR.jpg

Edited 20 hours ago by cccdfern

I don't get any text on signs. What setting is needed to enable it? Or is it not enabled on the OS/X client.

Some thoughts, I can't grab wall/floor supports through an unfinished house wall, yet can mine floor reinforcements through an unfinished wall [08:11:02] You see a narrow window under construction. The narrow window needs 14 more stone bricks and mortar until finished. You can also reinforce tiles through a half built wall.

I was unable to reinforce the floor from a cart, shouldn't this be like paving?

I can reinforce a tile that's outside my building from the 2nd floor of my building and then destroy said reinforcement from the 2nd floor of my building. Seems a bit buggy.

Standing on the 2nd/3rd floor of my building, I was able to use the level command on the ground producing rock shards on the ground floor below me inside the building. Very buggy ^_^

I can prospect the tiles around my building from the 2nd/3rd floor.

I was able to keep building on a wall while jumping through the wall and falling down 1 floor onto the outside of the building where upon the que continued adding bricks to the wall. Seems odd at the least.

Trying to prospect at least 1 roof tile off my building gave this message [13:06:13] This floor is reinforced and may not be prospected. Other roof tiles gave normal prospecting messages (successful).

All in all a most interesting test session :)

Would I be able to build something to separate a mine that spans between two deeds?

8 hours ago, Pingpong said:

I was unable to reinforce the floor from a cart, shouldn't this be like paving?

Yes make this so!

1 hour ago, Toolhead said:

Would I be able to build something to separate a mine that spans between two deeds?

The way is now you have to have one tile between the cave wall and the house so no there is no way to block a path with a bilding. 

23 minutes ago, Kegan said:

The way is now you have to have one tile between the cave wall and the house so no there is no way to block a path with a bilding. 

That sucks. We need fences in mines, to keep private areas private

Mobs can attack you and hit you trough walls.

Bloodmaster has a lavafiend traped in a house and it was able to hit me and do damge.

Also showed in combat logs being hit for some odd high numbers in the thousands , looks like code .

18 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

I don't get any text on signs. What setting is needed to enable it? Or is it not enabled on the OS/X client.

This is only enabled on Test.

24 minutes ago, Keenan said:

This is only enabled on Test.

I'm on test, and not seeing text on signs. This is really just an observation, I see there is an old update about text on signs having problems, and it being removed from live, so please just add this to that collection of issues (if not already there).

Spoiler

bi5HZYD.png

Edited by Wulfmaer

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:09 AM, JakeRivers said:

8 Floors!

JX1aabW.jpg

oh wow that's awesome, love what you did here, cant wait for this to go live.

Added ability to flatten and level ceilings.

Also added ability to reinforce cave floors from a cart.

7 hours ago, Toolhead said:

Sorry, no.. too easy to grief

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Tich said:

8 hours ago, Toolhead said:

I assume that this is also the reason behind not being able to build houses against cave walls.

Is they anyway building a house against cave walls could be allowed, even if in the first instance it was only allowed on-deed?

As you will see in the messages above there is a desire to be able to build gatehouses in the cave, to provide separation between different area of a mine.

2 hours ago, Tich said:

After the initial hiccup, the shards now appear at your feet (as expected) and the action timer is working.

6 hours ago, Tich said:

I love you Tich!

Tried out reinforcing floors by horseback, worked nicely, not able to test this on walls, think all the walls are already reinforced in the test mine.

Tried out mining ceilings from the tower, went up 3 floors and tried it out, works great, tried from below and got a message saying you can only mine ceilings from adjacent tiles, not sure if that was because they were just to high from the bottom or not, would like to test this in a normal mine.

As I was mining from the 3rd floor the rock shards were piling up at my feet.

reA8GL0.jpg

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I really wish there was a way to build a mine separating door as well. Perhaps make it a door with limited ql or something?

On 3/29/2016 at 4:49 AM, Tich said:

Can we please at least have this on deed ? I don't see how it could be used to grief in that case

• Like 1

+1 for the ability to build next to cave walls on deed (or allow strongwalls next to buildings on deed - whatever is the easiest to do codewise).

Because I totally want to grief me with awesome designs.

• Like 4

I guess this topic is not about requests/features but building a house in a mine just seems less thrilling without being able to build right next to the cave wall.   

• Like 1