Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

BL vs FO priest

so, we recently had 7-8 players from BL leave, to go become FO priests... because their testing on the test server provided results that every time, in pvp situations, fo priests would come out on top.

1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3.

fo priest always came out on top because of oakshell.

OAKshell alone, is a game changer.

i think an AOE dispel needs to be added into the game, cause everytime, whenever 5vs5's fo priest's will win the battle.

fo priests are too OP.

please let me know your input on fo priests and what makes them OP, either by first hand exp or fighting vs them. pls share.

great post, have you heard of the suggestions board? do you have any data to back these claims? is your middle name annie?

its not hard to tell if someone is wearing oakshell either, they don't have armor on them. dispel that person. Now I know your going to argue that it picks a random spell and they will be stacking spells, but in all likelihood thats not going to be the case, PVP in wurm is hard to say well at exactly 3:48PM we will get in a battle. Normally its random and you don't have time to stack all the spells up, just get your oakshell on and run into the battle. And then you could just dispel the priest. 

If your going to make claims like this, you really need to explain how you tested it better, and provide some actual data. 

First thing you should do when fighting fo priests is dispel them if they're not wearing armour. If a fo priest isn't cautious it's an easy kill.

• Like 2

dispel has quite a large range, short cast timer and little favour usage - it's bloody powerful already.

I think Fo's greatest ability is the mass heal spell. That one is a true game changer that makes Fo unique. Also fighting inside influence makes Fo super strong but it's difficult maintaining influence wherever you go.

Edited by Sizzle

hey

i remember when we were BL, and we consistently won 5v20+ vs 6-8 fo priests to our 2 lib

your testing is bad, you pick the playing field and you will win every time. your inexperience is not a substitute for proper testing. Proper usage of libila spells requires experience, its the same reason HOL lost every fight against anyone who knew what they were doing.

Lib is the most OP god in the game by a landslide.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 12

I want libila priests to have oakshell like spell, maybe myceliumshell alpha version named spell? with web armour when the cast is high, because oakshell has aosp at high cast

I want libila priests to have oakshell like spell, maybe myceliumshell alpha version named spell? with web armour when the cast is high, because oakshell has aosp at high cast

Just because they're not already really fast at running, anyone that does land a hit will then never have a hope of catching up? :D

I'm not a PvPer, but to my understanding the whole fairly recent cooldown addition to Oakshell was to make it less "overpowered". It can't be spammed to avoid the Dispel. Even before that it took 20 favor to cast Oakshell and only 10 favor to cast Dispel (ignoring the chance to fail to dispel the enhancement).

There's a 30 second cooldown now. Dispel a just-applied Oakshell and you'll have up to 25 seconds in which the Fo priest has no armour unless he equips actual armour. After that, within the 10 seconds of casting Oakshell you can still interrupt that casting by hitting hard enough, as far as I know (I've had puny sheep interrupt my Oakshell casts uarmoured with very light hits). Once the Fo priest manages to cast Oakshell on him/her again, and he did end up using armour in between, you still have time until he has unequipped it all in which you damage him as though he has normal armour on (armoured body parts are not affected by Oakshell).

Multiple moments in which you can attack the opponent without Oakshell bothering you, and once the end of above's scenario has occurred, simply go back to casting Dispel on the opponent. Rinse repeat.

(Again, I'm no PvPer, but I'd like to think this method is far more effective than just leaving the Oakshell on, which to me sounds like what happened to draw the conclusion Oakshell is supposedly OP and should be nerfed or whatever.

Also, pls no nerfs that will affect PvE usefulness, if for some silly reason a nerf seems due.)

• Like 1

hey

i remember when we were BL, and we consistently won 5v20+ vs 6-8 fo priests to our 2 lib

your testing is bad, you pick the playing field and you will win every time. your inexperience is not a substitute for proper testing. Proper usage of libila spells requires experience, its the same reason HOL lost every fight against anyone who knew what they were doing.

not my testing.

i said their testing. i was asking for others input as well. thank you for your input.

also, we can all remember times from before. 

"i remember when we were BL, and we consistently won 5v20+ vs 6-8 fo priests to our 2 lib"

was this just last week? please enlighten me how long ago this was. it had to of been awhile ago.

not my testing.

i said their testing. i was asking for others input as well. thank you for your input.

"i remember when we were BL, and we consistently won 5v20+ vs 6-8 fo priests to our 2 lib"

was this just last week? please enlighten me how long ago this was. it had to of been awhile ago.

Implying that it may have even been before the lof nerf. OH BOY!!

not my testing.

was before the nerf

wow, its so hard!

Fo is not OP, you just didn't still don't know how to use lib to its potential.

Edited by Propheteer

I dont know how libila priest used to be before "that" nerf, but it's not that great nowadays.

I dont know how libila priest used to be before "that" nerf, but it's not that great nowadays.

Lib is still OP, post nerf. We actually won a 5v20 two days after the nerf. Once again, please don't exercise your lack of experience in a thread that may change the balance of the game for the worse.

black legion knowing bl = trying to spell spam within orb of doom range LOL

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

Loooool -1. Give Fo damage spells an useful spells then we can talk. ATM they're only for light of fo.

• Like 1

People seem to be forgetting that spells weren't directly nerfed. Archery and spells were indirectly nerfed through the armor changes, then archery was directly nerfed. Libila priests still have their spells, they just got harder to cast, as did everyone else's. It was really more of a nerf to WL if anything.

By the way, you will win if you know what you are doing and fight on a boat. They can't use light of Fo, and full heals are 30 seconds vs. 2.9 seconds for drain health. There's no cool down for a failure, and you have no room to complain if you only have one priest. I'm not saying I agree with spell spam, but it's definitely not impossible and is probably easier now in a sense because WL will be using archery, which got nerfed hard.

As a last note, we would all appreciate it if you would stop whining about everything being OP just because of one thread where people said SotG is OP, and you don't seem to think so because you died with it. MR Chaos can tell you what happens when you think OP features make you invincible.

Fo fighters arent particularly a new concern. They were pretty popular back in beta.

Though for some reason they fell out of popularity for a time. Not sure if it was from the old not-able-to-initiate-attacks restriction, the work getting one skilled up, or something else.

Granted much has changed since then in many aspects of pvp.

great post, have you heard of the suggestions board? do you have any data to back these claims? is your middle name annie?

its not hard to tell if someone is wearing oakshell either, they don't have armor on them. dispel that person. Now I know your going to argue that it picks a random spell and they will be stacking spells, but in all likelihood thats not going to be the case, PVP in wurm is hard to say well at exactly 3:48PM we will get in a battle. Normally its random and you don't have time to stack all the spells up, just get your oakshell on and run into the battle. And then you could just dispel the priest. 

If your going to make claims like this, you really need to explain how you tested it better, and provide some actual data. 

hey

you-are-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad2.jpg

was before the nerf

wow, its so hard!

Fo is not OP, you just didn't still don't know how to use lib to its potential.

Lib is still OP, post nerf. We actually won a 5v20 two days after the nerf. Once again, please don't exercise your lack of experience in a thread that may change the balance of the game for the worse.

black legion knowing bl = trying to spell spam within orb of doom range LOL

Loooool -1. Give Fo damage spells an useful spells then we can talk. ATM they're only for light of fo.

People seem to be forgetting that spells weren't directly nerfed. Archery and spells were indirectly nerfed through the armor changes, then archery was directly nerfed. Libila priests still have their spells, they just got harder to cast, as did everyone else's. It was really more of a nerf to WL if anything.

By the way, you will win if you know what you are doing and fight on a boat. They can't use light of Fo, and full heals are 30 seconds vs. 2.9 seconds for drain health. There's no cool down for a failure, and you have no room to complain if you only have one priest. I'm not saying I agree with spell spam, but it's definitely not impossible and is probably easier now in a sense because WL will be using archery, which got nerfed hard.

As a last note, we would all appreciate it if you would stop whining about everything being OP just because of one thread where people said SotG is OP, and you don't seem to think so because you died with it. MR Chaos can tell you what happens when you think OP features make you invincible.

Okay, really, is there any need to take such an insulting tone? I'm sure sneering elitists might be content to justify berating someone who might've missed an update or something by self-righteously insisting there's some "threatening the balance of the game", but I think it's worth keeping in mind that the developers know good and well what they're doing and won't indiscriminately implement whatever change they see requested by a single thread (which isn't even in the suggestions forum, by the way).

Edited by Zorrent
  • Like 1

Okay, really, is there any need to take such an insulting tone? I'm sure sneering elitists might be content to justify berating someone who might've missed an update or something by self-righteously insisting there's some "threatening the balance of the game", but I think it's worth keeping in mind that the developers know good and well what they're doing and won't indiscriminately implement whatever change they see requested by a single thread (which isn't even in the suggestions forum, by the way).

1000% agree. Horsch even clarified in his second post that its just what he sees and is looking for input. There's no need to be internet tough guys about it.

It's happened many times before.

• Like 1

It's happened many times before.

Well, I haven't heard of any examples of game-breaking ideas from the suggestion forum making it in game, but I think you should also keep in mind the parenthetical statement that followed. Maybe he put posted this in Town Square before posting in the suggestions forum for a reason? (By the way, this may be a silly question, but if there's genuine fear this might be implemented, why bump the thread rather than letting it die down?)

Either way, that's not exactly the point. The point is there's no need to rip the thread author's throat out (not that I mean to suggest you've done that, just to be clear). Like I said, some people may insist to themselves they're simply "protecting the game from a ruinous update proposed by a naive player", but I think that can be done just by pointing out the issue with his information and explaining why the suggestion isn't a good idea (though, as much as I hate to say it, I guess some people just don't see any fun in it if they don't get to flaunt their "superior experience and skill" or whatever).

Edited by Zorrent

Well, I haven't heard of any examples of game-breaking ideas from the suggestion forum making it in game, but I think you should also keep in mind the parenthetical statement that followed. Maybe he put posted this in Town Square before posting in the suggestions forum for a reason? (By the way, this may be a silly question, but if there's genuine fear this might be implemented, why bump the thread rather than letting it die down?)

Either way, that's not exactly the point. The point is there's no need to rip the thread author's throat out (not that I mean to suggest you've done that, just to be clear). Like I said, some people may insist to themselves they're simply "protecting the game from a ruinous update proposed by a naive player", but I think that can be done just by pointing out the issue with his information and explaining why the suggestion isn't a good idea (though, as much as I hate to say it, I guess some people just don't see any fun in it if they don't get to flaunt their "superior experience and skill" or whatever).

It's not always been specifically forum suggestions, it's usually mis-information of some form.

He posted a pretty rash statement demanding that Fo was overpowered and needed nerfing. You're gonna get your head bitten off by people if you make such heavy claims with no adequate evidence. It'd be like if you were a damn good weapon smith and someone new to weapon smithing comes along and says "This skills overpowered, needs nerfing." You'd be just as frustrated.