Sign in to follow this  
Berris

Spyglass gift

Very nice, very happy-making, but I'm confused as hell about who gets it and who doesn't.

I'm told the requirement is:

[21:51:14] <Skyefox> 12 months prem since Dec 2013

Two of my accounts show as:

[21:52:45] You have been premium consecutively for 11 months since Dec 2013.

While the one who got the gift shows as:

[21:52:33] You have been premium consecutively for 12 months since Dec 2013.

Well, I don't know how that is calculated but I have never dropped prem on any of these since they were created, which was plenty long ago - in fact it is the two older accounts that are showing the 'short' time.

I expect someone can explain how this all works because I'm confused as hell...

Edited by Berris
  • Like 2

Sorry - should maybe be in the CA section of the Forum, forgot that existed.  Don't seem to be able to delete it though so it'll have to hang here for a bit.

I would like to know too. 12 months gone and didnt get anything.

• Like 1

Hi,

the spyglass reward was broken:( We had to move it forward one month in order for it to start working, so you will receive the Owning title the month after. Really sorry about that. And that some months don't seem to increase properly. It's like it may miss out during downtime or lag or something but right now we don't know why.

I've been prem since the program started but it took me 3 months to get off month 8. Nuf said?

• Like 3

i have 3 characters i have had premium since last year non stop..each  currently show differen't premium "since time"..none say  11 mos yet.  

Greasygrundle/mossfauna/forestmonk

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 1

Cheers folks - I wondered if it was covered somewhere and clearly it is!  Thanks for clearing that up.

I have not dropped premium since it started yet still see this.

[16:21:13] You have been premium a total of 14 months until Dec 2013.

[16:21:13] You have been premium consecutively for 9 months since Dec 2013.

I am glad someone is on this.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed who is getting a spyglass and who is not.

There's a lot of people, like me, who are loyal players for years. But from time to time everyone needs a break.

So if your timing is bad and you dared to take a break in the past months you are being punished rather than saluted for coming back everytime.

To tell the story in numbers:

[09:23:00] You have been premium a total of 37 months until Dec 2013.

[09:23:00] You have been premium a total of 6 since Dec 2013.

That's a total of 43 months of being premium.

And I'm sure there are others that have even more total playtime and were away for some time in the last 12 months.

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed who is getting a spyglass and who is not.

There's a lot of people, like me, who are loyal players for years. But from time to time everyone needs a break.

There were a different set of rewards (including items such as transmutation rods) that were given out for past premium time.

• Like 1

There were a different set of rewards (including items such as transmutation rods) that were given out for past premium time.

I know. In fact I got the transmutation rod which is great.

But then there are those players like my girlfriend who has two month less total playtime than me and didn't get the transmutation rod

and now doesn't get the spyglasses either.

So she has 41 months total playtime and got nothing (except a seryll lump and/or armor set piece). Plus she has two accounts with about the same time.

And someone who played "only" for the last 12 months gets an item that was traded for a lot of silver in the past.

My problem is not that I absolutely want those spyglasses. But the system used to whom those rewards are given is not really fair in my humble opinion.

I think it would be a lot better if all that mattered was total playtime and once one reaches a set amount of months he/she'd be rewarded with something nice.

• Like 1

I was 1 month short of getting the transmutation rod an have still not received the spyglass. Not sure when or if I'm going to get it.

My problem is not that I absolutely want those spyglasses. But the system used to whom those rewards are given is not really fair in my humble opinion.

I think it would be a lot better if all that mattered was total playtime and once one reaches a set amount of months he/she'd be rewarded with something nice.

I agree with you on this point, that total *premium* playtime should be used for these types of rewards to be given out. If players let their accounts lapse into non-premium status for even a day they are reset back to zero. Total *premium* playtime is a much better indicator as to who has supported the game with their presence and payments.

=Ayes=

• Like 5

[18:48:08] You have been premium a total of 11 since Dec 2013.

[18:48:08] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

no spyglass cause accidentally lost premium 2 days ago during holidays. awesome job being considerate of people. this shouldnt be based on consecutive months. thats unlike any other veteran reward system in an mmo...

Usually they are based on months that you have been premium total.

They moved it to 12 months, beca

[18:48:08] You have been premium a total of 11 since Dec 2013.

[18:48:08] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.

no spyglass cause accidentally lost premium 2 days ago during holidays. awesome job being considerate of people. this shouldnt be based on consecutive months. thats unlike any other veteran reward system in an mmo...

Usually they are based on months that you have been premium total.

My question is what happens if i already have a spyglass? Do I get another?

My question is what happens if i already have a spyglass? Do I get another?

yep, I now have spares again.

A bunch of people I know have been premium non stop since Dec 2013 (in fact, for about a year prior to that too).  Of those, some got their spyglasses in November, some a week later, some just now.  Some still have not received their spyglasses.  Everyone has been premium for exactly the same amount of time since the spyglass counter began, yet some got them at 11 months, some at 11 months one or two weeks, some still not.  So now, those with the glasses may already be onto the next item's premium countdown, while others are still paying premium and have not reached spyglass yet.  I have no idea how this works, but seems unfair to me that some people only paid 11 months of premium to get the glasses while others are going to pay 12 or 13 months for the same reward.