Sign in to follow this  
Forgedrake

Drama and game mechanics

164 members have voted

1. 1. Even with the Drama do you still love wurm?

• Yes
    • No
    • I prefer pancakse but wurms next on my list.

Ok we all know whats happened - does not matter who you think is wrong or who you think is wrong - saint or the devil - or if the easter bunny is real - the problem is now its happened how do we fix it?

It seems we can be yelling and screaming for weeks on this topic while the dam holding the water back is cracking and springing leaks - lets see if we can patch some of this up rather then worrying about who is right and wrong - I know people out there love wurm they would not be this upset if they were not fanatical about it - now lets see if we can find a way no matter the side to fix this where both gamer and devolper can be happy or at least satisfied with the answer (yeah I know its asking for a bit much lols)

• Like 1

I picked pancakes. I can eat them while I Wurm.

• Like 2

To be honest, I think this is the last straw for me. When my premium expires in 25 days I will be gone for good.

Wurm is a great game, and I'll miss it, but I much prefer second best games with balance, professionalism and polish over Wurm's amateurism, chaos, and fluff over polish policy.

• Like 4

Honestly not sure, I think it's stupid to say "screw it, this was the last straw" but I dunno. I'm honestly thinking about other games, but my mind isn't made up yet.

• Like 1

Yes, but I'd prefer no drama.

Edited by Sharkin

Nothing can be really done about the "latest drama", its a cyclical thing.   Exceptions are made, favoritism is displayed, and then after all the drama settles down it just happens again.   The ninja nerf, the IRC friends, the bug turned feature - turned exploit, the system that is "fixed" but it keeps being broken as always,  and when things settle down, the allmighty goes and changes some dudes name, after telling the whole player base that its impossible... and again.

The drama is a "feature" of Wurm, its Wurms version of a community event.

• Like 5

Ugh great, just what we need, another thread promoting chaos drama, causing flaming and generally giving the server and its community a bad name. 

thankyou.

• Like 9

I couldn't vote for pancakse. 

As for the drama, meh. You make your point, maybe grumble a bit about all the things that happened, then you move on. You continue to enjoy what you do on Wurm, and realize, 'hey, I don't live on Chaos. Life isn't so bad'.

• Like 3

Wurm has very little drama compared to every other game I have played.

But sometimes neighbor stuff can go too far ;)

• Like 1

Ugh great, just what we need, another thread promoting chaos drama, causing flaming and generally giving the server and its community a bad name. 

thankyou.

actually if you read I'm attempting to stop the drama and fix the problem with little to no resources - what are you doing to help?

actually if you read I'm attempting to stop the drama and fix the problem with little to no resources - what are you doing to help?

no mate, by posting stuff like this you are inciting  people to flame.

• Like 5

If I can get pancakes with blueberries or something else yummy in them, then I prefer pancakes :)

Compared to Eve and the issues with Goons then there is no drama.

Compared to Eve and the issues with Goons then there is no drama.

Drama caused by Eve devs? Imagine if they zoomed in in the middle of a 4000 ship space battle and wiped out one sides Titans or whatever those huge ships are called.

no mate, by posting stuff like this you are inciting  people to flame.

yes the pancake comments seem to be really spreading the chaos - however this was supposed to be about fixing the issues or trying to come up with a solution - so if that starts flames people abused the concept

To be honest, I think this is the last straw for me. When my premium expires in 25 days I will be gone for good.

Wurm is a great game, and I'll miss it, but I much prefer second best games with balance, professionalism and polish over Wurm's amateurism, chaos, and fluff over polish policy.

You might want to look into this one.  :D https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/econfirm.php?etoken=RToxNzk2NjpCZXRoTG93ZTE2QGdtYWlsLmNvbTpyZWdpc3RlcjoxMzk0ODQzNTE3OmVkMDAxMTJhYjhiZjA1ZmRkNWMzMzAzMjUyNzMwOGYzNmU0NjM1MzQ%3D&m=QmV0aExvd2UxNkBnbWFpbC5jb20sUmF5Y2hlbA== And now I may be banned  :o eeek.. but as far as alpha testing goes... LiF looks like a winner!!

• Like 2

Nah. Voted no.  Not because of the most recent drama, specifically. Voted no on general principal based on all of the annoyances including all ninja nerfs, increased decay & removing wrapping and calling them bugs or not being used as intended, etc. The list goes on and on and on and on and on.   

Although I did run across an old post by someone on another web site dated back in 2010 that I swear I thought had to be recent because it could have appeared in the recent drama threads and been relevent.  I had to double check the date.  Granted that was posted by a disgruntled ex-player but the point is that it was the exact same complaints, as if no time had passed between then and now, and as if he was complaining about this most recent situation involving interferrence by the game owner.  

It just serves to illustrate my point.  Nothing is ever learned and the same mistakes keep happening again and again and again.  And the attitude, as evidenced by numerous IRC comments made by the game owner, indicates that we can expect that it never will change.  I'm not going to go into all of my grievances. They're well documented all over this forum since I'm not known to be shy & retiring, and nobody gives a rats patootie anyway.  lol. 

At some point, I personally just have to say "enough," and move on. So this is me, saying "Uncle."  **waves**

Sorry I couldn't add anything positive to your thread.  It's a good thought.  I'll take some pancakes though, thanks.  :)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 2

yes the pancake comments seem to be really spreading the chaos - however this was supposed to be about fixing the issues or trying to come up with a solution - so if that starts flames people abused the concept

I have never had flaming pancakes before. Can I get some with dramasauce?

LiF is overrated, stop posting links to it.

On topic:

Drama is not so big anyway >.>

Voted yes because I hasn't find good alternative yet but my patient of how the high echelons deal it wear me thin. 

• Like 2

Wurm is definitely the way I like to spend my off-time when nothing else is going on, but it isn't the only game in town.

It's a simple equation. Contribution Vs. Cost of behavior, which goes both ways by the way.

1.) When the entertainment value (contribution) is higher that the cost of behavior (drama, game mechanics, etc.) the player will most likely continue to play without complaining much, if at all.

2.) When the entertainment value is equal to cost of behavior this is when you see the most complaints and frustration. The player is trying to salvage a bad situation by lodging a complaint or argument to make it better so they can go back to situation #1. If the complaint or argument is not resolved, the player moves to situation #3 below.

3.) When the entertainment value is overshadowed by the cost of behavior, with no resolution in sight, the player will most likely quit and move on to a different game where the entertainment value is higher than the cost of behavior.

The same can be said for a player whose contribution to the game is less than his/her cost of behavior (greifers, trolls, serial harrassers). eventually they are removed from the game by the powers that be or are ran off by the community.

Edited by Caroligan
  • Like 4

I voted yes.

This is just business as usual for Wurm.  You gotta realise that Rolf has this vision in his head of what the superlative kind of PvP should be, the trouble is he programmed the wrong game to create the environment which would potentiate that vision.  So every now and then someone on IRC points something out to him which completely rails against his vision of what kind of PvP should be happening and he reacts, while under the influence of emotion, to rectify it.  Some crazy ###### happens and then the forums erupt.  

Most folks will go back to playing and a few will have had enough and either leave or, more likely, take breaks.  The dust settles, everybody gets comfortable and then after some undefined period of time down the line...BAM! And we go through it all again.

• Like 4