Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

Is this ever going to be added?

Smelting large amounts of ore is a major pain in the ass, would love to see something like a smelting furnace added to the game. Alternatively, increase the current forge volume so we can fit more ore in them.

This thread is over a year old, and has one of the most popular posts on all of the forums.  I'm surprised we don't have this already.

+1, but I disagree with the OP's idea to restrict them to outdoor use.

+1 to smelter, but -1 to limit it out-door

My proposition about same limit - say, graphically it takes whole tile (maybe a bit more) with big or even several pipes on top. + disallow placing roof and floor above them. Can be placed only on base floor.

This will keep possible building like smelter centers, but houses this way will stay unusable in other way - at least in aestetic reasons, maximum combining with smithy.

Also, pretty logical - can't be picked once started, load cargo requires atleast wagon (maybe large ships only).

Bump! Maybe require a bucket of water to extinguish? And like 5 logs for full fuel

Bump! Maybe require a bucket of water to extinguish? And like 5 logs for full fuel

Why?

+1, but I disagree with the OP's idea to restrict them to outdoor use.

+1.  I am able to use my stove at home for simple metal working / blacksmithing, due to its tremendous draft.  You could use a smelter indoors, but it would cool down the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifdBbMhd0w

You ever tried pissing on a forest fire?

Have you ever tried breathing in the same room as a regular forge?

We don't need RL restrictions in a game we play to espace RL

Maybe if we hit the 1000th post on this thread someone will start to listen... so keep it up people :)

• Like 1

only 783 posts to go then but +1

also if this does happen make it be the only way to combine metals and restrict it to outdoor only as it does not make sense to have such a thing inside your house

would also make peat more useful if it takes 100kg fuel to get started and going make it so that peat has an added time bonus or heats/melts quicker or something  just to make peat actually be worth while to get instead of ignore

Yes I love this idea. I want a smelting machine that can actually keep up with my mining timers.

This thread makes me feel like I'm on a life raft and I constantly have to refill some air so it doesn't sink...

*bump*