Sign in to follow this  
Mouchard

Creative Mode Server

Creative Mode.  Ala Minecraft.   Prem Only.  3 or 6 Month wipes (NO EXCEPTIONS).

Similar to Test Server but no Cornucopia..  Skills start at 70 or 80.   

Allow communities of players to work together to build *amazing* projects in short periods of time.

Showcase the results!  Hold Contests!

Edited by Mouchard

Looks nice.  I do all my mapping and rendering of deeds with Sketchup.   But I'm talking about something in game that groups of people can quickly work on building together.  A community building effort.   The wipes would prevent folks from just moving and 'living' on such a server.  Keeping it as a creative playground.

Edited by Mouchard

This is not Minecrafte, shouldn't be like it either. Best you can have is the Test Server. If you want large community projects in short periods of time then gather many of the highest skilled people in the game to work on something, it will go fast, trust me.

• Like 3

I know that.  I've been with Wurm off and on for almost 6 years and have worked on some very large projects.   It's just a thought for another option of play style that might be fun.   Not trying to make it Minecraft over all.  Just a suggestion to add a new mode of play.   It would possibly also open doors of creative thought and more directly demonstrate the benefits of cooperative effort for newer, lesser skilled prem players that they could carry over into their normal mode play for longer term building and effort.

I know that.  I've been with Wurm off and on for almost 6 years and have worked on some very large projects.   It's just a thought for another option of play style that might be fun.   Not trying to make it Minecraft over all.  Just a suggestion to add a new mode of play.   It would possibly also open doors of creative thought and more directly demonstrate the benefits of cooperative effort for newer, lesser skilled prem players that they could carry over into their normal mode play for longer term building and effort.

I may not agree with what you have said but I appreciate your response.

*Tips Hat*

Edited by Shrimpiie

I've been contemplating this idea myself, just without the multiplayer feature.

Many times, people have asked for an offline version of Wurm. People have also asked for an easier Wurm. Having had the time to play around a bit on the test server this weekend, It kind of dawned on me that there's probably a decent market that Rolf could tackle, if he and the team made a downloadable, single player version of Wurm that had the features of the test server: skill manipulation and item spawning, ala the cornucopia. Tack on a one time fee of 60eu to download the application/game in the shop and watch the cash come in.

Doing something like this wouldn't affect the real game, nor its player base.

Personally, I feel it's a bad idea. It would make a few people leave wurm.

New players would try it out I'm sure, probably fall in love with it. Then once they get back in the real game, they will instantly hate how slow everything is (let's face it, when you use cheats in a game, then try to go back to the regular game without them, you are extremely bored and usually quiet) same case here Imo.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'd expect. So I'd have to say -1

Looks like I'm batting zero on my latest ideas.   That's okay, they can't all be viable. 

-1 as I wouldn't want to contriibe to any public works or cool project that was going to be wiped away

I'd rather skill up and do it on the regular servers so it could be seen by all like so many of the other awesome locations

Frankly I think that people would go to this version seeing "oh, it's just easier", then in the space of 1 month build everything they can think of, then quit because their creativity runs out.

Wurm has such staying power exactly because you start with low skills, and so an increasing array of possibilities open up over time. Amazing projects only amaze because of the effort required to make them. You could probably create an equivalent of the cathedrals and castles in wurm in 30mins on minecraft, but it's not even remotely "amazing" there because it would be so easy.

-1 for these reasons,

• Like 1

Frankly I think that people would go to this version seeing "oh, it's just easier", then in the space of 1 month build everything they can think of, then quit because their creativity runs out.

Wurm has such staying power exactly because you start with low skills, and so an increasing array of possibilities open up over time. Amazing projects only amaze because of the effort required to make them. You could probably create an equivalent of the cathedrals and castles in wurm in 30mins on minecraft, but it's not even remotely "amazing" there because it would be so easy.

-1 for these reasons,

It's not the skill gain that makes it take more than a month to build everything you can think of.

Looks like I'm batting zero on my latest ideas.   That's okay, they can't all be viable. 

It is good to see however that you aren't taking it too hard. There are simply ideas that people like and ones people don't, not every idea is liked.

Those are not creative servers, those simply do not have PvP enabled. A creative server gives you instant top abilities, and infinite items at your disposal. Think of it more like a highly powered GM in terms of creation/destruction abilities.

Those are not creative servers, those simply do not have PvP enabled. A creative server gives you instant top abilities, and infinite items at your disposal. Think of it more like a highly powered GM in terms of creation/destruction abilities.

Aah ok my bad then, i never played there so i was talking crap then i think, i could not think about anything else besides crafting, creating and socializing there :P

Why creative server when you have DeedPlanner? It is like single player creative Wurm mode. :D

• Like 1

-1 for these reasons,

^This

Problem is with creative server then there is no point to grind those skills on the non creative ones :) ...

Not a good idea in my oppinion. We already have this on test server, even with the Cornucopia you don't have to use it, just level skills to 70 then test away without using it. Test server is the creative mode, we don't need anything more and definitely not something like Minecraft, as this game is better then minecraft. -1 to creative mode, sorry xP