Sign in to follow this  
Postes

Special Treatment?

I heard a rumor about something, and went to investigate.  I don't really understand, I'm not trying to question moderation, Rolf, or the staff, but this game used to be very justified.  Rolf once banned 52+ players in the "banhammer" ban.  MR, JK, BL, Home-players, he spared no one, if they cheated, they were banned.  People exploit, they are banned.  GMs abuse, they are fired.  It's nice that the system is fairly impartial with minor exceptions.

Recently someone started playing, received a lot of attention, and then bought an account.  That was perfectly acceptable, and I know many who buy accounts and there's nothing wrong with that.  Then.. suddenly, the name of the account changed.  I guess because of their status it's acceptable to do this?  But what about everyone else?  What about people who've been in this game since the first releases?  It seems kind of surreal that such special treatment is occurring, threads, name changes now, all for a single person?  

I don't mind they play, I love Wurm and want to see it promoted, but I don't get why such treatment is being taken to a single player.  I am not trying to kill Bashur or his group, but I just really feel this treatment is pretty selective and unfair to everyone else, people who've played for 10+ years.  You buy an account, you accept the name, the end.  

51sbYaW.jpg

• Like 14

Sorry but this is out of hand. I bought my account and I was never given a chance to change the name. So why should he? Just because he has brought 30 people to wurm?

Edited by Madrocks
  • Like 1

Where do I get a namechange? Did rolf give him special items and powers to survive in pvp too? Are the rumors that he is invincible and can't be killed anymore true?

Edited by Judicator

Pathetic... If you want to be treated like the rest of us Bashur, you need to start acting like the rest of us.

Where's my name change Rolf?

If you're going to give 1 person special treatment then you need to add in 1 free name change for every player

• Like 2

i guess this will get locked soon and vanish glad i got to see it, lol

• Like 1

i guess this will get locked soon and vanish glad i got to see it, lol

Maybe, but I don't see why?  I mean it's not like it's avoidable to see, he's playing the game actively and anyone can see it.  You can't hide it.  

If you're going to give 1 person special treatment then you need to add in 1 free name change for every player

^^ This

I'm really upset about this. I have heard a lot of things that recently upset me recently.

From what I understand. Ianrose logged out as Ianrose and back in as Bashur.

Meh... Ian wouldn't be too happy. <_<

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

Staff decision, Do u also tell Ur boss at work everything u dont like and tell that to all Ur colleagues just to start a war..? go play wurm brah and stop worrying

Sorry, I've stayed out of this due to pathetic childish bickering since he's rejoined us, but really a name change??

Okay, welcoming him back as a kinda "thank you for promoting wurm and bringing many players to us" but the name change is too much.

Go play a Different AWESOME game Bashur, your not welcome here. The guys voice makes me wanna jump of a bridge. And this just solidifies, Bashur is worthless to the game and its player base.

Yes, it's a very bad change in policy.

Furthermore it adds to the rumours that management and/or GMs have decided to give special treatment to a certain player.

Staff decision, Do u also tell Ur boss at work everything u dont like and tell that to all Ur colleagues just to start a war..? go play wurm brah and stop worrying

Of course not. You picket the entrance and don't let anyone in or out untill it gets fixed. Too bad we can't physically protest on the internet.

This is kinda lame, just because some guy has a bunch of youtuube groupies doesn't mean he should deserve any special treatment above the rest of the fair, longstanding, other players.

I bought an account a long time ago and I don't like the name, where can I file my name change request, please?

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Go play a Different AWESOME game Bashur, your not welcome here. The guys voice makes me wanna jump of a bridge. And this just solidifies, Bashur is worthless to the game and its player base.

Woahhh, no no no.  That's way too far, I don't agree with that.  I don't care if Bashur plays or doesn't, but it's about the principle that I feel someone is getting so much attention, while veteran players, new players, anyone doesn't get the same treatment.  It's the principle of the matter.  

• Like 4

This is kinda lame, just because some guy has a bunch of youtuube groupies doesn't mean he should deserve any special treatment above the rest of the fair, longstanding, other players.

For once Aly, we share the same opinion (this is a very sad day for us both lol)

• Like 1

If thats what the dev team wants, we can't do nothing about it.

By the way, best way to keep this drama alive evah.

A good sir called Bill Gates one said ''Life isn't fair, get used to it!''

I had no problem with Bashur playing, and think the free publicity is excellent. But he should not be given things that no other player has received and probably never will. 

Part of the joy of Wurm is that your name can become recognisable, even if you stop playing your name can live on. If you sell your account, it will live on under the control of someone else. Ianrose has been a name within Epic since the beginning and the idea of it just being removed is extremely disheartening.

And if name changes are made available to everyone, it would cause no end of problems. I can go out and scam an entire kingdom, change my name and be let straight back in. No way should this happen.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 14

When you think the Devs cant sink any lower they still managed to do so, why am i even amazed? I hope this guy has a very bad time in wurm and leaves the game asap. 

I need special treatment, please give me golden red dragon scale 999aosp 100.00ql fantastic that can't be damaged please.

Also a toolset and some weapons will do (2h huge axe perhaps?)

Fuel got a name change and it was changed 43 seconds later

• Like 1

I have played this game for four years, many have played longer, much longer, even more than double what I have played. None of us have gotten special treatment. Not to offend the staff or anything, but this is unfair to everyone who has played this game.

• Like 3