Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Epic Spawn Pve Server On Freedom Cluster

Lorena, explain to me how they make no sense then. Either I'm missing something huge and obvious, or you just really enjoy thinking you're better than someone who plays on "freedum".

I've been to epic, tried many times from day 1 it was released. Had potential, but isn't for me. I really love PvP...Wurm just isn't made for it though. (At least not in a balanced way)

i dont explain u anything son of joanavon

Son of Joanavon? I've never talked to him afaik. If you aren't going to add anything to the OP's suggestion, don't bother posting here anymore Lorena -.-

Why the hostility shankiest? I don't even know who you are.

What exactly don't I know? Reasons why people choose 1 server over another? I might not have played Wurm without a break since GV, but I know how online games operate and it doesn't take a genius to see why people choose which server they do.

YOU clearly have no idea about how a Suggestions thread works. If you're going to post in what is essentially a "debate and poll" section, at least add something of value to the discussion.

I might not play epic any longer but that doesn't make my points any less valid.

sorry i didnt reply yeah ill keep being hostile, stay away from epic and don't try take what little we have left. Not debate just me saying screw off. 

Again, EITHER ALL FREEDOM GETS VALREI MOBS OR NONE DO.

Again, EITHER ALL FREEDOM GETS VALREI MOBS OR NONE DO.

Explain why?

I like this suggestion, with most of the specifics mentioned in the OP (namely, that it's for whenever a new server is added). However, I can't help but feel that waiting a few months after the server is created to add the mobs will make people who weren't around when the server was announced feel like they have had these sprung on them unexpectedly. Better to just have them from the start if you ask me (and probably put the spawn somewhere close to a server boundary for the people who joined it without realising the difference hehe).

Also it makes me sad to see only two points of view coming from epic players - "no we have these, so you can't" and "if we have to suffer with these, then all of you should have to suffer too".

Also it makes me sad to see only two points of view coming from epic players - "no we have these, so you can't" and "if we have to suffer with these, then all of you should have to suffer too".

I don't know who started the conflict, but the animosity between the Epic Cluster and the Freedom Cluster will degrade any suggestion of this type into an 'Us vs Them' mentality that leads to a lot of pointless bickering. The concept of a PvE server with Valrei creatures has some merit... but I don't think enough to warrant a brand new server. 

-1 pointless thread...

Also to Ronnie, making harsh comments about how freedom is keeping wurm a float yet requesting a freedom server based on things epic has is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

• Like 1

Explain why?

I like this suggestion, with most of the specifics mentioned in the OP (namely, that it's for whenever a new server is added). However, I can't help but feel that waiting a few months after the server is created to add the mobs will make people who weren't around when the server was announced feel like they have had these sprung on them unexpectedly. Better to just have them from the start if you ask me (and probably put the spawn somewhere close to a server boundary for the people who joined it without realising the difference hehe).

Because freedom is PVE, player vrs enemy

not Player Vrs Exceptions

Because freedom is PVE, player vrs enemy

not Player Vrs Exceptions

I'm pretty sure it's "environment" actually, and environments vary based on location ;)

Got no problem freedom can have Valrei spawns, or a new server with them

Woah stop the press I play on epic, guess you lumping epic players ad on type is wrong.

Now who else just lumped a group of people together as bad, oh yeah, Hitler, stereotypes are bad, don't be Hitler's

• Like 1

-1 pointless thread...

Also to Ronnie, making harsh comments about how freedom is keeping wurm a float yet requesting a freedom server based on things epic has is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard

Well,  seeing as for some time after freedom was opened they did in fact have epic critters. But due to a large number of players that didnt want to level FS complained about them. And freedom is keeping wurm alive, we have what? 7times the player count?

Edited by Ronnie

My 2 pennies on the topic: I don't care if these things get spawned on all Freedom servers, specific future servers, or if it remains the way it is and only found on Chaos. If I fancy killing them, I can pop on a boat and be on Chaos in 5 minutes. If they were to start spawning on Indy, I will definitely go out and hunt for them.

I have one serious objection about having them spawning on all Freedom servers (unless they spawn as non aggros or  in very small numbers). 

Trust me, you DON'T want to meet some of these creatures on a mountain road (and Indy is full of mountains). Imagine meeting an aggro that can throw you off your horse several tiles away (cliffs included), before you can do significant damage to it (high FS won't change this), it has a speed of 17-20km/h (champs are or used to be even faster) , has high aggro range and it also ignores walls.

I have one serious objection about having them spawning on all Freedom servers (unless they spawn as non aggros or  in very small numbers). 

Trust me, you DON'T want to meet some of these creatures on a mountain road (and Indy is full of mountains). Imagine meeting an aggro that can throw you off your horse several tiles away (cliffs included), before you can do significant damage to it (high FS won't change this), it has a speed of 17-20km/h (champs are or used to be even faster) , has high aggro range and it also ignores walls.

Me, personally? Sure I do. "Uniques" are the only challenging fight left for me, aside from fighting another player.

You make a valid point, though. Most of my fellow servermates wouldn't be too thrilled to have these things crossing their path. There is another thread floating around in Suggestions (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74748-hunting-server/) about adding a brand new "hunting only" server to the PVE cluster. If we were to actually implement this suggestion, it probably would be best to do so there, not on the existing PVE servers.

Im sure once the new "action" combat comes into play most of the players on epic now will leave anyways once those that enjoy real combat move over. Let the simple minded children be, As everyone knows Freedom is what keeping wurm a float, not epic.

Dude I don't know what your deal is, but you seriously need to stop being so sour towards Epic... Freedom has a lot of players yes, but Epic has a very loyal playerbase that puts a lot of cash into deeds/guards. 

Like, just because you couldn't hang with a PvP server doesn't mean you need to bash it into the ground =/

Im sure once the new "action" combat comes into play most of the players on epic now will leave anyways once those that enjoy real combat move over. Let the simple minded children be, As everyone knows Freedom is what keeping wurm a float, not epic.

Simple minded children? You're acting as if you're 12 with this 'i'm better than you, everyone in group B is worse than me' argument 

you're arguing over what group of people is better on a video game that has a few thousand people playing it.

• Like 1

-1 pointless thread...

Yes expanding the incentives for the largest paying player base isn't intelligent.

So instead of leaving the epic mobs on epic to keep an incentive there, you want to spread it out to everyone?

instead of helping out a different cluster, you guys are just taking away from it...

• Like 1

So instead of leaving the epic mobs on epic to keep an incentive there, you want to spread it out to everyone?

instead of helping out a different cluster, you guys are just taking away from it...

lol

Meh no more more separate clusters.

If we MUST have new maps then add to the existing clusters.

Meh no more more separate clusters.

If we MUST have new maps then add to the existing clusters.

Agreed. And no epic stuff to freedum pls.

The dedicated PvP players are always whining about people joining a PvP server and then not engaging in regular PvP or that they get raided and whine on the forums rather than doing something about it. So if anything epic needs to expand on the uniqueness of the kingdom vs kingdom features and have a much better mission system that puts more of an emphasis on PvP and PvP related skills rather than building and sacing a bunch of useless junk.

Due to the way the game works the Valrei creatures are more of an annoyance than a challenge and it's just a matter of dragging them to a tower and killing them with tower guard support. If they catch you off guard while travelling it's not really something you can prepare for and generally just turns into a major inconvenience. If freedom gets them it'll probably take less than a month for people to start whining and wanting them either nerfed significantly(it's already happening on epic) or just removed and left for only epic.

It's content that took time and effort to develop. If it doesn't take much work to fit them into the freedom servers the devs might as well get the most out of their efforts. I can't imagine anyone joining epic just for the epic monsters and if that is their only reason, then they're not joining for the right reasons anyway.

It makes 0 sense to add stuff like this to the other cluster though.

Chaos really shouldn't have valrei creatures spawning either, as they can be aligned to kingdoms, and chaos has no way to effect events on valrei to change the alligences of the valrei creatures(and they shouldn't)

The suggestion here is an entirely new server for the valrei mobs to spawn on too, so that is quite a lot of work.

It makes 0 sense to add stuff like this to the other cluster though.

Chaos really shouldn't have valrei creatures spawning either, as they can be aligned to kingdoms, and chaos has no way to effect events on valrei to change the alligences of the valrei creatures(and they shouldn't)

If lore is really the issue here they could just be renamed and come up with some other silly excuse for them being around.

The suggestion here is an entirely new server for the valrei mobs to spawn on too, so that is quite a lot of work.

Well the original poster also said when a new server came around not necessarily indicating a server should be made just for this just that it should be included in the next one. However Rolf already gave his blessing on a hunting only server in which this could certainly fit as some challenging stuff to encounter. It might actually be interesting without guard towers forcing people to actually work together on them :P.

If lore is really the issue here they could just be renamed and come up with some other silly excuse for them being around.

Well the original poster also said when a new server came around not necessarily indicating a server should be made just for this just that it should be included in the next one. However Rolf already gave his blessing on a hunting only server in which this could certainly fit as some challenging stuff to encounter. It might actually be interesting without guard towers forcing people to actually work together on them :P.

Not so much lore as game mechanics.

If HotS on epic takes control of a Valrei creature, the same creature would spawn on wild allied to HotS.

I think the PMKS have everything being hostile to them by default, but not sure.

Not so much lore as game mechanics.

If HotS on epic takes control of a Valrei creature, the same creature would spawn on wild allied to HotS.

I think the PMKS have everything being hostile to them by default, but not sure.

Stripping kingdom status from something probably is a trivial change but I'm not a dev so they'd have to make the call on how much work it would be to get rid of on specific servers. Do kingdom specific creatures like wild boars or hyenas spawn on freedom? Or are they disabled there too for the same reason?