Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Garden Gnome...

I paid 40 euro to play this game and all the thanks I get is another piece of crap gift - last year fireworks, this year garden gnome - don't waste my time next year unless you're going to give out something useful like a spyglass

You paid 40 euros? QQ more, you paid to play the GAME not to get a christmas gift.

Rolf, if you're reading this, don't bother giving gifts out next time because half this community seems to whine when they get anything from you.

I suggest you guys make a thread in the suggestions forums where you post you ideas for future items/gifts (if there isn't one already).

Rolf has picked suggestions like that in the past and implemented them.

Rolf, if you're reading this, don't bother giving gifts out next time because half this community seems to whine when they get anything from you.

Its a very small minority doing the whining like always. I am sure Rolf understands that as he is pretty used to it on a nearly daily basis.

ZOmg!!!

maybe it has limited use and is done at 100 QL.....

maybe it increases the QL of some items???

You did read the part where people are saying items are taking dmg right?  What would be the point of increasing an item's ql while it's damaging it...

Can't rolf add the spyglass to the traders to be sold for 10silver? that'll help him and everyone will allways be able to buy one ;)

-1 no crutches plox...

You used the word "plox" unironically. Opinion invalidated.

I'm not even sure how a spyglass is considered a crutch.

Hey now i played lineage and lineage II so  :P

A spy glass is what anyone would call a crutch who is a gamer.

You need it ??  really?? LAWL!!

I'm still not clear on what you mean by "crutch".  How is a spyglass different from any other item of convenience in this game?

"[Horse|Bed|Deed|High QL Forge|Drake Armor|Shaker Orb] You need it?? really?? LAWL!!"

I paid 40 euro to play this game and all the thanks I get is another piece of crap gift - last year fireworks, this year garden gnome - don't waste my time next year unless you're going to give out something useful like a spyglass

And when Rolf hands out "useful" items then there are players that complain it is a game breaking item; they complain that now all players need the new item.  I'm happy enough with theses little token presents, Rolf doesn't HAVE to give out anything.

Actually only Wild players complained about "game-breaking" gifts since they often directly affected PVP (e.g. farwalker amulet).  I don't see how useful gifts would have any negative affect at all on PVE servers.

I put 6.42QL wine in mine last night, and this morning it's at 7.28QL.  The gnome has not decayed during this.

interesting...

The meal is in, we'll have to see what happens lol. I'm also going to be testing this gnome for the next week or two with a range of different items.  ;)

I put 6.42QL wine in mine last night, and this morning it's at 7.28QL.  The gnome has not decayed during this.

interesting...

Wine that low ages super quickly, I wouldn't assume it's because of the gnome. 

I put some 70ql in a barrel and 4kg of that same 70ql in the gnome, I'll see which ticks faster. 

perhaps the gnome is a item that decays wine quicker, but the ql of the gnome goes up rapidly, higher ql gnome means slower wine decay

Well food still decays in a gnome, when in inventory, outside or in a chest (all on deed). Not got much to go on as far as decay rate though as food tends to be very random anyway, I have meals decay, and some from the same batch still on 0dmg just when sat in a coffin...

Well assuming the atmospheric pressure and other related factors of Wurm are akin to that of Earth (Not even opening that can of Wurms (hehe (ooo nested sub-thoughts, nifty))  :-X):

Gallon (g) is a unit of liquid volume, and Wurm presents "weight" in kilograms (kg), a metric unit of mass. 1g of water has a mass of 3.7854118kg.

Well assuming the atmospheric pressure and other related factors of Wurm are akin to that of Earth (Not even opening that can of Wurms (hehe (ooo nested sub-thoughts, nifty))  :-X):

Gallon (g) is a unit of liquid volume, and Wurm presents "weight" in kilograms (kg), a metric unit of mass. 1g of water has a mass of 3.7854118kg.

I don't think Wurm works perfectly with volume. If it did, you wouldn't be able to shove rafts into a cart to make it hold more dirt.

I don't think Wurm works perfectly with volume. If it did, you wouldn't be able to shove rafts into a cart to make it hold more dirt.

That's actually an example that the volume works well. A raft has the same volume as the 40 dirts it can hold. You don't gain or lose anything by putting the 7th raft in the cart. The rafts only work around the 100 item limit.

All liquids in wurm have the same density as water. 1kg equals 1liter. The garden gnome can hold 4 kg of wine, therefore it has a capacity of 4 liters.

I remember putting small rafts into small carts to carry more dirt. Then again... maybe I'm just mistaken- it was several years ago, anyway.

I didn't get no gnome >:(

It requires premium and a whole lot of effort (going to see Santa or visiting/making a christmas tree)

My sprouts in the gnome are taking damage today... so it is not a "magical" sprout preserver.  :-(

Gnomes aren't chichi pets people lol...

Gnomes have been in folklore for centuries, could it possibly have something to do with keys (this one I doubt) or maybe coinage (doubt it but it's in folklore, and no I don't mean leprechauns).

Also,

A garden gnome or lawn gnome is a figurine of a small humanoid creature' date=' usually wearing a pointy hat, produced for the purpose of ornamentation and protection from evil sorcery, typically of gardens or on lawns.

Any posibility of magic resisting aoe effects or resistance if carried... just throwing out random stuffs here lol.

Hrm, can't seem to cast courier on it.

Cmon damn spirits! Get in the gnome!