Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Garden Gnome...

[me=Hordern]waits for the first gnome to hit 100QL and morph into the first of many 30ft tall golems[/me]

[me=Hordern]waits for the first gnome to hit 100QL and morph into the first of many 30ft tall golems[/me]

Gnome colossus. Huh.

My pickaxe did not fit inside, looking to try a fishing pole... was gonna put him by a gold vein and see what happens.........

Gnomes actually slow wine aging, a barrel went from 71.75 to 71.64, and the wine inside the gnome is still 71.75, and it's been 4-5 days.

*warning wild speculation follows*

Perhaps the gnome transfers some small amount of decay from items inside it to increase it's own quality and preserve the item inside - racing to 100 gnome quality may just use up all it's power or just be 'phase one'. ;)

Then again 5 days is short enough that the barrel wine might have taken a damage hit while the wine in the gnome missed the hit or took a damage amount below the visible threshold.

Hmmm...how many small whole fish can you cram into a gnome?

I have figured out when it gets a ql tick, every 24 uptime hours or on server matenince.

This is one of the reasons why I actually read Wurm's forums as compared to other games where I rarely if ever bother with their forums. The devs leave alot to player tinkering and discovery :-X

Agreed.  Big fat +1 here.  This is one of the things I love about Wurm.  ;D 

So my gnome has been sitting in the field full of wood scraps and meat fillets for a couple days now.  The wood scraps have begun decaying, but seem to be slower.  The meat fillets have not decayed at all.  And the QL of the gnome has not changed, it is stuck at 1.0.    All very interesting. 

My gnome in a chest has gone up. Based on posts in this thread, it seems like all evidence points to gnomes only increasing in QL if they are in a container.

Has anybody's gnome in a container stayed at 1QL? Has anybody who put their gnome on the ground had it go up in QL?

being in a bank, it doesn't raise in ql... just thought I'd mention ;)

My gnome in a chest has gone up. Based on posts in this thread, it seems like all evidence points to gnomes only increasing in QL if they are in a container.

Has anybody's gnome in a container stayed at 1QL? Has anybody who put their gnome on the ground had it go up in QL?

As of today, my rowboat gnome (on deed, in a mine) still is 1ql.  It does not have anything inside of it, if that matters.  It's been sitting in the boat since Christmas.

All of mine are still 1 ql. They have all been empty, outside on a deed. Most are now in a coffin (hehehe Coffin full of Gnomes...has to be a joke in there) so we'll see if they change ql.

The wood scraps have begun decaying, but seem to be slower. 

All containers slow decay, no surprise there.

The only thing interesting so far is that the gnome ql seems to go up inside chests.

As of today, my rowboat gnome (on deed, in a mine) still is 1ql.  It does not have anything inside of it, if that matters.  It's been sitting in the boat since Christmas.

Same, mine is 1ql with 0 damage.

Make that BOTH of mine, and one has been in inventory and one on the ground... Both no damage and both 1ql.

I think the ones going up in QL are from the people who keep playing with them. ;)

Mine is boat, off deed. Haven't used it yet because I don't want to upset locals ^_^

I think the ones going up in QL are from the people who keep playing with them. ;)

Mine actually got their first increase in ql while I was at the impalong and they were stored in my ship, unused.  I took them home, placed them on the ground, used them, and about the time others reported a second increase I also had mine increase in ql.

I got 2 gnomes in a chest, 1 has gone up, the other is still at 1QL. The one that went up QL was full of water (which it has appeared, the gnome drank).

MIne are still in a forge filled with maple sap. One is at 5.94 ql and the other is at 3.94 (was put in later) and the syrup has no damage after a week while syrup in a barrel in a house has 9.65 damage. :o

OK, my observations are coming into alignment with others'. 

The meat fillets disappeared spontaneously and the wood chips are now up t0 30% damage.  Gnome still at 0 damage, 1.0 QL.  So things rotting inside of it does not change it.  OK, I'll take it inside and put it in a container, see if it starts changing QL now.