Oriana

NEW IMPALONG!! we need you and everyone to come here!!! CLOG the Docks with your ships let every last available parking spot be filed!!! at last the IMPALONG IS HERE!!!

WELCOME to possibly HARMONYS FIRST impalong!!! be there or be square? , ok you can be a rectangle!! FILL every port to overflowing!!! overfill the parking Lots!!! just come park your vehicles anywhere you  can, and don't forget to have a great time!!! we will have a Great dessert race ANd I hope you are well prepared for this it will be very dangerous!! creatures at every turn!! bring a tent and lots of bandages first aid healing covers, or what have you This event starts right as soon as christmas and will continue into the first week of the new year, the race will be at 10 pm pacific on new years EVE, hopefully I will have the route laid out by then come one come all and bring some friends, also help might be needed in the preperations and setting up the race route signs.. etc and there will be a deal or no deal as well.. a modified low stakes version, unless I can get a donation for this, now accepting generous gifts from a generous benifactor who will be duly mentioned as the deal or no deal benifactor!!! if this is the case, deal or no deal event will take place in the building above the arena....that's if I can clear it up a bit and such as it was going to be an arena BUT we got an arena now and a mighty fine one too!!!! PLEASE come we will have lots of events and if you can think of any more events please make your suggestions....we will have 3 races , one will be  wagons then carts will race, and then horses and a small foot race  up main street, around and down the nehch and along the ridge road and back around past main street to the south road towards and ending at the grande symbol house hotel!!  HOPE you all have fun!!! see you there!!!! I will be moving this to May the 14th on account of too many impalongs at the same time!!

Edited by Oriana
grammatical error..
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Oriana said:

This event starts right as soon as christmas and will continue into the first week of the new year,

You should seriously consider rescheduling, there is already another impalong taking place on NFI during this time period. 

Edited by Arronicus
I'm inept
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

oh darn 2 impalongs on christmas!! I better bone up and get things ready!!  now Accepting set up helpers we will need crates and things for storing Imping supplies and products... moving it to May 14th hopefully this will be better!

Edited by Oriana

redacted... remove this please

Edited by Oriana
bad link
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Amantnovi said:

So will there be 2 going at the same time on NFI?

I suppose so.. a nice Challenge!

3 hours ago, KarlFranz said:

It starts Christmas day?  My family will have to just wait.

transportation to the impalong makes for a great christmas gift

So you're setting up an Impalong, at the same time that someone else is going to be doing one, when they have already done all of the prep work, and organised everything to be ready, and you haven't even got anything done yet?

Do the right thing, move yours to a different time and respect the work someone else has already put in to their event

You aren't going to get helpers this way, you're going to only ruin your own reputation, and set yourself up for disappointment once the other event starts

It's not competition, it's just disrespectful

• Like 13

There is not just the one on Melody over Christmas but also one in January on Cadence you are currently messing with.

• Like 2

if you dont know which impalong to go to, please consider this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blueheart said:

It's not competition, it's just disrespectful

I wish there was dislikes for forums like this, Sabrinawaveshadow's impalong has been in the works and planning for months, vendors and impers have been planning and getting ready for it... Hopefully this gets cancelled or at the least moves to a more respectful time.

• Like 5

The lack of information and paragraphing burns my eyes. 

But on a serious note, I know both parties hosting the two impalongs planned around christmas, theyve put in a massive amount of work for months organising both events, personally i think its bad form to suddenly try to host one yourself over the top of both.

From your post it sounds like you've not prepared at all and this is a spur of the moment idea youve had, youve failed to even mention where said impalong will be.

Edited by Crack

I have put a lot of thought and time into this  I even built an arena, that Being said I am moving it to may anyway, may  14th ok?

12 hours ago, Aenamayous said:

I wish there was dislikes for forums like this, Sabrinawaveshadow's impalong has been in the works and planning for months, vendors and impers have been planning and getting ready for it... Hopefully this gets cancelled or at the least moves to a more respectful time.

Hopefully May 14th is a more respectful time, Damm I can't even spell!

May's a much more thoughtful time out of respect for the other NFI Impalongs going on during the approaching holiday season.

Of course, it needn't be as far away as May if you don't mind rescheduling for a nearer day like February or March?

May is a great time of year to be having this. If I can give some recommendations, take a look at some of the other impalong threads in years past. Maybe talk to some other people who have hosted impalongs. 

As someone who has hosted an impalong on SFI and been on staff at a number of impalongs over the years, there is A LOT of prep that goes into events such as this. Not just building the buildings, but collecting supplies, designing and building a number of games to keep people interested, and collecting prizes to give people an incentive to come other than to get their items improved. From the looks of it you have accomplished part of this prep, however, you also can’t rely on other people to assist in this prep. You should be able to collect all the materials and design and finance all the games.  As great as this community is, it is integral to collect the materials yourself and supplement with donations. 

If I can also give some unsolicited organizational advice. Your OP isn’t that organized and doesn’t give a lot of information on the impalong itself, such as location, events/games, the deed layout, etc. Again, take a look at some of the previous years impalongs (I’ll link some good threads below) and take a bit of inspiration from those posts. Formatting yours in an easy to read way that flows will increase the amount of people that show up. 

Feel free to hit me up if you would like to discuss more. I would be happy to consult on your project. I am passionate about impalongs and the value they bring to the community, when done correctly. 

These are two long running impalongs both in their 6th and 4th consecutive years respectively. You can garner a lot of inspiration from these two successful events that have hundreds of people in attendance every year. 

3 minutes ago, Madnath said:

will there be karaoke

No one wants to hear you sing Mad 😝