Zundy

PvE friends, what stops you from playing PvP?

5 hours ago, Emi said:

You totally can ignore pvp on chaos and just play as usual, you're welcome to join if you want. Trading doesn't really happen though, if you need something it's requested and crafted for you.

If I go to Chaos and ignore PVP... why am I there?

What do I have there that I don't already have on Deliverance without even the faintest chance of ever having to deal with PVP drama?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Shiraek said:

If I go to Chaos and ignore PVP... why am I there?

What do I have there that I don't already have on Deliverance without even the faintest chance of ever having to deal with PVP drama?

I see alot of forum posts saying it's so unfair that chaos has pmk graphics like its game changing... maybe you can get yourself one without paying silver.

Why is this thread so offensive to people? If you don't want it to be a topic just don't read it and especially don't post on it?

Edited by CyrusX
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CyrusX said:

I see alot of forum posts saying it's so unfair that chaos has pmk graphics like its game changing... maybe you can get yourself one without paying silver.

Why is this thread so offensive to people? If you don't want it to be a topic just don't read it and especially don't post on it?

Who is offended?

I posted in this thread originally to respond to the question in the title. I posted my questions to Emi because I genuinely don't understand what she is arguing. She seems to be saying you can go to Chaos even if you don't want to PVP... but if you don't want to PVP why would you go to Chaos?

28 minutes ago, Shiraek said:

Who is offended?

I posted in this thread originally to respond to the question in the title. I posted my questions to Emi because I genuinely don't understand what she is arguing. She seems to be saying you can go to Chaos even if you don't want to PVP... but if you don't want to PVP why would you go to Chaos?

Nah man, not you. That's my fault I shoulda quoted your post after commenting about people seemingly being offended by this topic.

1 hour ago, Shiraek said:

Who is offended?

You can go to PVP to help your friends like I stated originally. Even if you refuse to participate you can help. That could be helping with sermons, making bulk goods, helping with costs etc. You're there to help and have fun with friends. 

You made your point and it's valid but so is mine.

21 hours ago, Viceren said:

...because there is nobody left to fight.

Hence the reason for these "Why doesn't anyone want to play pvp??" posts. Quite simply the pvp folks have run out of meat and want a fresh infusion.

12 hours ago, CyrusX said:

Nah man, not you. That's my fault I shoulda quoted your post after commenting about people seemingly being offended by this topic.

Btw, do you have anything to quote to show how people are offended by this topic?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Raybarg said:

Btw, do you have anything to quote to show how people are offended by this topic?

Most recent.

Edited by CyrusX

Have you considered that nobody wants to play with you because you are such bad posters?

57 minutes ago, CyrusX said:

Most recent.

How far back "most recent" would go?

26 minutes ago, Raybarg said:

How far back "most recent" would go?

Current page.

21 hours ago, CyrusX said:

Current page.

Do you refer to what you have typed?

On 3/15/2024 at 1:05 AM, Emi said:

Trading doesn't really happen though, if you need something it's requested and crafted for you.

This. and even when I'm on indy, I'd rather give something away for free just knowing it will help out other people playing the game. Only bit of trading we do is if we die, usually can buy your stuff back or get it back for free. At least on chaos, players are a bit relaxed from times past. (minus the handful that think 15-20s items cost 1g+, you know who you are :P , we just ignore them mostly now). Times have changed since the old BL/MR/JK days, we are all pretty much a melting pot of players. At any given time could have killed another player that is now in your kingdom fighting along side you. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What stops me from PvP is Ebonaura not coming back. I was a member and I loved being there.

I'd love to smith weapons, armors and tools for them. I'd have my priest (instead of my main) in Chaos again (which doesn't have terrible body stats to say the least) but I'd keep supporting them with my crafter from the distance. 

I just really don't like the limited space and resources in PvP and often you don't even know if you are meant to drain them. That's why I haven't mined any vein while I was there but shipped my resources. I just felt like it was a bad idea to use up the little that we've had which is result of settling on an already used deed very close to enemies. 

Another thing is the issue of making your silvers with your main crafter trading with PvE players while also providing for your kingdom by crafting and imping while being in Chaos. It is not a comfortable situation at all even if nobody says anything about it. It is not good from a logistics perspective and you get into a conflict of priorities in your own head. 

Edited by Simyaci

On 3/15/2024 at 4:05 PM, Emi said:

You totally can ignore pvp on chaos and just play as usual, you're welcome to join if you want. Trading doesn't really happen though, if you need something it's requested and crafted for you.

Well, I do totally ignore pvp and just play as usual- by playing on pve servers.

• Like 3

I recently went to pvp and joined a kingdom for a few weeks, then had to stop playing wurm for awhile due to IRL problems.

Honestly, it was amazing. I feel like they rolled out the red carpet and were doing everything they could to get me settled into the kingdom.

Only recently has my life stabilized enough that i can consider doing it again, but probably gonna wait to see how the updates go in the near future.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Late to the thread, but just getting back to Wurm after an absence of many years.

Why don't I as a PvE player PvP? I stopped PvPing in 2003 when I was playing Dark Age of Camelot the zerg taught me that I derive zero enjoyment from PvP. I played EvE Online for years and didn't PvP at all.... I didn't have a problem with how Mythic Entertainment or how CCP designed PvP for their respective games... or how any Game Company designs their PvP... I have a problem with PvP ITSELF. I don't enjoy it and I derive no pleasure from attacking or competing with anyone in any game. To explain this any further would involve me disclosing my religious beliefs and that would be a violation of forums rules so I won't go there.

There are perhaps dozens of personal reasons why a player may not choose to PvP.... is it really so hard to imagine that some people just don't want to participate in PvP?  I respect your choice to PvP, please respect others choice not to PvP. For some players there may not be anything the Devs can do to change our choice about this topic. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Kyrmius
clarity
  • Like 6

Chaos is incredibly rich with items which were crafted by the game’s most experienced players, but a handful of the people playing it can be pretty mean.  I always thought of inventories as being valued at the opportunity cost of the ingame money.  Meaning that 25s is an hour and 30 minutes working in the toll booth.  Working in a toll booth can be pretty mean.  It’s no wonder that there’s a shortage of support roles.

• Like 1

Whenever you receive an invitation to PvP on Chaos, well, it's a bit like receiving a Valentine's card from the funeral directors - it's really lovely and flattering but at the same time, kind of unsettling.  You really start to dwell upon how it will end. :) 

Loving this thread. ❤️

• Like 3

I will say this about living on a PvP server.... to @Emi's credit... it is correct you don't have to PvP if you join a even a small group.  Just like your alliance(s) on Freedom, there's people that make armor, weapons, tools, enchants and everyone depends on others for their unique skills in some form or fashion.

Both my friends and enemies will tell you I'm not the best PvPer in the world, but I was pretty good at building deeds.  If you've never seen a PvP deed, just know that there's tons of digging, building and mining involved, much more so than a Freedom deed.  

Sometimes it is fun watching your enemies try to kick over your sand castle made of concrete, and watching them limp after they stub their toe :P

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

probably repeating myself and others. was chatting with a bud. felt the need to say it all again.

the time investment and the 'why' of pvp.

too much time to learn to fight, gain the skill, get the materials and craft the tools, travel, prepare, and then fight. too much time to do it more than once (or at all). thats a known issue though.

lets truly steep ourselves in how pathetic pvp looks right now. from my experience on chaos kingdoms have sequestered themselves all into a smaller portion of the map so they can locate each other easier. 10 players is a beefy kingdom. they dont siege (because not enough players to support it and you repair faster than damage), they dont random battle (not enough people travelling), they dont aspire for anything other than a fight (because battle predetermined a week prior is all there is to do now).

oftentimes people speak with venom but this is a compliment and statement of fact. the veteran god players won pvp and the game is over now. too late for me to win too, no point in producing anything as everyone is eager to give me another plate set, pointless to even try as the weakest lost minnow in an ocean after 2 years of playing.

ill be bold and stake my claim on a solution. the glory of pvp islands is over. let them all sink (delete them). either be lazy and give us all one permanent pvp island or make it a daily / weekly event for kingdoms to build and fight. portals make things easier.

edit for final note - pvp people are uber nice and pve people dont pick up on smack talk easily, haha

Edited by garforl
  • Like 4

Well I spent most my time in Wurm on a PvP server even though I'm not a competitive player.  I started playing Wurm at the start of 2012.  The person who convinced me to start playing got me to play in the epic cluster which was new at the time.  Now even with all the protections put in place for home servers and me living deep in a home server I still got raided a number of times losing items and having my horses stolen or slaughtered.  After my first major loss I was ready to quit Wurm and really should have at that point.  But after a few weeks I got back into it, built up again in a new location... which eventually got raided again.  I ended up rebuilding yet again and managed to thrive for quite awhile after abusing the traders to accumulate money to pay for spirit guards, built a decent sized community and set up a fortified village over years of work.  Over time people left and things died down but I kept maintaining my village for a number of years.  In 2019, after being on vacation for a couple weeks, I came home to a drained, looted, and demolished village.  And that was it.  I was done with Epic.

As much as some of the people on this thread have been saying even if you don't want to PvP, you can just enjoy yourself and be part of the community, but the reality is that you're always at risk of losing anything and everything that isn't in your bank.  As a very sentimental person this is not a risk I ever wanted to take.  It's not worth it.  And PvP players might find their "smack talk" funny amongst themselves it doesn't feel as good when you've just lost everything you've built up only to get harassed and teased over it.  They'll tell you that's how a PvP server is and that's exactly the reason PvE players just don't want to bother.

Anyone who is not interested in PvP should not play on the PvP servers.  PvP servers are dead because PvP players will not hold back and will attack anyone over and over until they are driven off.  There is no safety which is what they what.  They want to be able to take everything you have and be able to completely level any hard work you did.  Some people enjoy or don't mind this style of play but it's not that many.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just adore PvP, Freedom for me is too plain, too sandboxy too easy and ends too quick leaving me nothing to do as a dedicated player. I don't need the silver from trading nor do I enjoy the treatment a good bulk of PvE players give to PvP players by default, just because we enjoy excitement and adrenaline in wurm that you just can't get on freedom side. The whole team aspect and the mentality that my kingdom is as strong as its members and if things need to get done; they get done is just amazing. The Feeling that we're all in the same boat and going down with it together is just something else.  Provided you can find a good honest team to play with 100% reccomend wurm PvP in general, there just isin't a similar gaming experience to be had elsewhere. For a casual sunday night player this might mean nothing but NFI wurm PvP def isin't a pay to win it's play to win model and that's also a very rare thing these days in the gaming industry.

Edited by Ism
  • Like 1

•  

42 minutes ago, topkos said:

The only one bothered here is you.

Im always entertained by the desperation of the PVP community to get fresh Victims…errrr… players

I am bringing this here instead.

I am the weakest player in chaos 100% Im not looking for players to make "victims" even though its a harsh word. I didnt feel like a victim ppl helped me i had unlimited resources. For the first month ppl were returning my stuff when i died. Until i didnt want that. i had hella fun i found my first drag my first big fight. Almost got a kill yesterday i been having so much fun u just need to get rid of the fear of death. You will enjoy yourself. I love looking at old deeds seeing what i can take. Training feels like a anime " i need to cut a whole forest in order to get stroonger! type stuff idk i think Its very chill. But your attitude does not make the pve community seem fun. You guys attack each other to the point it hurts some people and i think that's kind of weak you guys create friend groups leaving certain ppl out of the loop all kind of stuff. idk

I also went to Xan and joined one of the most popular villages. It started fine but i wanted to create a deed of my own and it went all bad. I also witnessed some of the worst toxicity i have ever seen in any game. Lots of bully's and people complaining about literally everything it was wild. to me this game isnt ment for pve and it shows. Lets start with locks ql is there a reason for higher quality lock on pve? I wish for the pve servers to take ur problems to chaos and go back to pve with peace of mind.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brainzzo said:
  •  

42 minutes ago, topkos said:

The only one bothered here is you.

Im always entertained by the desperation of the PVP community to get fresh Victims…errrr… players

I am bringing this here instead.

I am the weakest player in chaos 100% Im not looking for players to make "victims" even though its a harsh word. I didnt feel like a victim ppl helped me i had unlimited resources. For the first month ppl were returning my stuff when i died. Until i didnt want that. i had hella fun i found my first drag my first big fight. Almost got a kill yesterday i been having so much fun u just need to get rid of the fear of death. You will enjoy yourself. I love looking at old deeds seeing what i can take. Training feels like a anime " i need to cut a whole forest in order to get stroonger! type stuff idk i think Its very chill. But your attitude does not make the pve community seem fun. You guys attack each other to the point it hurts some people and i think that's kind of weak you guys create friend groups leaving certain ppl out of the loop all kind of stuff. idk

I also went to Xan and joined one of the most popular villages. It started fine but i wanted to create a deed of my own and it went all bad. I also witnessed some of the worst toxicity i have ever seen in any game. Lots of bully's and people complaining about literally everything it was wild. to me this game isnt ment for pve and it shows. Lets start with locks ql is there a reason for higher quality lock on pve? I wish for the pve servers to take ur problems to chaos and go back to pve with peace of mind.

I complete it get it man. Like your genration call it, toxicity is everywhere. I got it. I just hate when the PVP people get on the podium, and tell me, I’m playing the game the wrong way. It should not bother you even a little bit how I play Wurm. 
Why do you even care?

I certainly have no idea who you were 1 hour ago.

I play solo. I do not join villages, or alliances because I KNOW, I will offend people with my second sentence in chat.

I belong to a completely different generation. The whole thing can go to 2 players left, and one of them would be me.

And still don’t give 2 irons on how the other player Wurms.

So, please, stop pestering the forums on why people do not PVP.

I did PVP a lot in EVE Online, I had a blast.

lots of Adrenaline in 30 seconds costly battles.

The vast majority of the Wurm community answered this, time, and time again: PVP sucks.

Edited by topkos
  • Like 2