Thorinoakshield

Four months later and it looks like not much has changed

It's been 4 months since the shitstorm hit the fan when the "new" and "rebranded" website launched.

Four months with some changes, but when looking at how thing are going, I'm not sure if I can call them positive changes.

For those of you not liking walls of text; time to switch to another topic. Because this is going to be a long post. It's also going to use lots of bold, italic and underlined text and brackets. So don't tell me you haven't been warned.

• Starting off with the website:

The images Malena collected have been processed and are even added to the site. I'm well aware those images aren't exactly what people hoped they would be - as in: too much AI enhanced right now - but at least they're representing the game a lot better as what those "placeholders" did.

For me, that's about the only positive thing about the website.

Today I've experienced that the site still isn't working properly when you want to buy something from the shop.

First of all you will have to use a PayPal method, even if you choose another way. From there you will be directed to your preferred method of payment. And only then you're able to pick your bank / credit or debit card / gift card if you choose to use that.

The old method with X-Solla where you simply picked your preferred method of paying and be done with it worked a lot better; so I'm wondering why that one has been replaced by something that's much more complicated.

Also, when you bail out of a payment, you need to refresh the page from your login screen to even being able to click at something. If you don't refresh it, nothing will happen.

To me that sounds as if the person(s) designing the website never heard of the K.I.S.S. principle (not the band, btw)

• The new Community Manager:

After Demona's forced departure we've been out of a CM for about three months before we finally got a replacement.

There's lots of open questions in the anouncement post which are never answered. The very first post contained multiple errors regarding WU and PvP ; which caused a lot of damage.

On top of that, the CM admitted he hadn't his post proofread and in a way said he never would do that. Which basically means he's planning to sail his own course; while he's the one who has to comminucate between staff and community in BOTH ways.

If a CM is posting things on his own, without consulting (with) staff members first, he will basically put those staff members - and especially the Dev's - into the line of fire the moment the "anouncements" that CM made aren't going to happen.

I have been pointing that out several times and got this as a reply after my - wrong - accusation that it looks like this was setup to have staff members to "happy replies" to give the impression all's well again: 

On 23/09/2023 at 12:37, Thorinoakshield said:

I said they should refraim from posting for a while until the community has been replying first.

I want to give some background information here.

When I'm creating such announcements, I'm doing so privately. Some staff members might be able to see it 10 minutes before release, as I'm doing a final edit (to insert links for example) before releasing it. This gives them a slight time advantage.

I'm not telling anyone to react to it. I'm not posting it to the team before or after release. If they see it, they see it through the official channels, just as regular players do. And just as any regular player, they are allowed to freely comment their opinion on it. They are part of this community like everyone else.

Now I totally understand your point, and this background info isn't invalidating it. But overall it looks like most people don't have a problem with it. And as long as that's the case, I don't see a reason to prevent staff members from commenting on news for the first few hours.

I would still like to accommodate you in this matter though. I'll explain your concern to the team to see if we can discuss this whole topic a bit.

I don't know if that attitude has chanced by now, but it certainly isn't giving the benefit of the doubt a good boost up.

In the same thread we got the anouncement that the Valrei Entertainment Network will be replaced by Wurm TV.

And that's it. After that we never got an update about what's exactly going to happen.

Yes, we got someone doing Tictoc "video's" about Wurm; but that's it. And I'm not even sure if that's actually working.

What we had and still have are multiple Wurm players streaming their time in wurm; showing around their deeds, their adventures and most they do in Wurm.

Yet, none of those have been contacted to participate in  this "Wurm TV" and when asked about it by the community, the CM never replied.

Moreover, up to now the Discord channel still has the VEN listed as a channel, seperated from the Content Creators channel. But the one doing the Tictoc video's isn't even listed as a content creator.

Pretty hazy and confusing if you ask me and the one who's job it is to shine some light in the dark isn't shining any light at all.

And last but not least, there were multiple questions asked in that thread, but @Armyhasn't replied to any of those since September 24th. Which is weird, because he's the CM, it's his job to communicate between staff and community; yet, the only thing that's communicated are patch notes. We haven't even seen another Valrei International Post since September.

All of this has certainly removed my "giving someone  the benefit of the doubt" I previously had. In fact, it has given me the impression we got a CM who isn't suited for the job, but only got it because of they didn't want to enlist some of the other applicants due to their past of commenting decissions. Which is very sad indeed.

• Things being cancelled without notification:

Earlier this year, @Enkitold us he's working at an event which would be held at both the NFI and the SFI. And, if it was received well, more events would return more often.

Eventually we had the NFI horse / donkey race and from what I read the anticipation, participation and how it was received was all very high.

And that's where it ends.

Although it was stated that SFI would have something similar, no updates were made after the winners of the NFI were anounced. Which makes me wonder if that event is cancelled or postponed - usually meaning cancelling when no-one thinks about it anymore - or what.
So far Enki hasn't even replied to my request for an update and somehow I doubt he will.

Which is a shame, because events as the one he had in mind were and are certainly the things that would attract more players to Wurm.

Then there were goblin camps; which most likely got cancelled, but we - still - haven't get any official word from that. Something the CM could do, actually, but never mind that as he won't anyway.
The possible reason is that we lost several of the dev's this year after clashing with the "Clumsy Executive Officier"; but as said, we never got any official word of it. And I doubt we ever will.

• Still something positive:

As most of us are aware, @jaytoohas been working quite a while about updating parts of the rift mechanics.

When the anouncement came out, I saw lots of possitive feedback and lots of questions.

I have to admit, I'm really impressed how Jaytoo has been dealing with both the feedback and the questions of the community. Both after the anouncement, as well during the testing and even after the entire update was implemented at the regular servers.

IMHO this is how a Dev or CM should communicate with the community. Simply explaining the thought behind some ideas, replying to feedback so players will get satisfying answers, removing their concerns and - if they're useful - implementing their ideas.

I would therefore like to end this post with a "Yuuuuge" ;) 👍 for @jaytoo. Not just for how the rift mechanics have been altered in a positive way; but also for the way he has been communicating with the players from the test until after the changes were added to the regular servers.

Thorin :) 

• Like 6
  • Cat 2

16 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

On top of that, the CM admitted he hadn't his post proofread and in a way said he never would do that.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The post you quoted was a reply to one of your posts about your impression of [volunteer] staff members replying to announcements, so I was only referring to those.

My wording wasn't ideal there, so to be more accurate again: the majority of the staff team (volunteers) didn't see the last VI post in advance. Announcements are always proofread by project officials though.

25 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Yet, none of those have been contacted to participate in  this "Wurm TV"

That's simply not true. While the program isn't officially live yet, it has members already which are actively supported by us. I can't give you any specific details about it at this point though, please wait for the official announcement.

30 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Then there were goblin camps; which most likely got cancelled, but we - still - haven't get any official word from that. Something the CM could do, actually, but never mind that as he won't anyway.

I did? In the last VI post I confirmed that they are not cancelled, just postponed for now. Sorry if the wording was unclear.

• Like 2

Just now, Army said:

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The post you quoted was a reply to one of your posts about your impression of [volunteer] staff members replying to announcements, so I was only referring to those.

My wording wasn't ideal there, so to be more accurate again: the majority of the staff team (volunteers) didn't see the last VI post in advance. Announcements are always proofread by project officials though.

That's simply not true. While the program isn't officially live yet, it has members already which are actively supported by us. I can't give you any specific details about it at this point though, please wait for the official announcement.

I did? In the last VI post I confirmed that they are not cancelled, just postponed for now. Sorry if the wording was unclear.

3 times you're using the phrase "wording unclear"

Right now you give me the impression that you're very hard trying to make some rights from wrong.

If you look up that particular reply about the Valrei international, your post clearly said you posted it without none of the staff members being able to proofread it untli about 10 minutes or so while you added some links.

That's a very bad excuse and using "wrong wording" right now to try to make right what's wrong is even worse.

You give me the impression you're only there for the title, not for the actual job. Being there to take the heat off of Krister and instead of solving problems, only making them worse with your "wording being unclear".
Personally, I call those "wording being unclear" lies. And that's something a CM shouldn't do; lying to the community.

But it says enough about how things are processing when we have a CEO and a CM that's lying. Makes me wonder what's going to be lied about next.

• Like 2
  • Cat 3

There may be some valid areas of complaint, but overall I think this comes off as a bit entitled. Wurm doesn't really owe us anything - we choose to subscribe and I don't think we could say Wurm has fraudulently got us to do that.

By all means, post advice that may be in Wurm's best interests to heed, but this comes across as bitterness or anger (not sure why?). If you aren't convinced Wurm is communicating with the playerbase or doesn't have a bright future under the current leadership, don't pay/play. It's clear to anyone who has played for a decent amount of time that Wurm is subject to change, sometimes severe or crazy. Would recommend not buying premium for year+ if you aren't convinced you could weather the storm.

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Derp said:

There may be some valid areas of complaint, but overall I think this comes off as a bit entitled. Wurm doesn't really owe us anything - we choose to subscribe and I don't think we could say Wurm has fraudulently got us to do that.

By all means, post advice that may be in Wurm's best interests to heed, but this comes across as bitterness or anger (not sure why?). If you aren't convinced Wurm is communicating with the playerbase or doesn't have a bright future under the current leadership, don't pay/play. It's clear to anyone who has played for a decent amount of time that Wurm is subject to change, sometimes severe or crazy. Would recommend not buying premium for year+ if you aren't convinced you could weather the storm.

I wish I could say you're right, but unfortunately, you're not.

I have let everything go for over a month, because I wanted to see what would happen with the communication about some concerns of (a big part of) the community regarding the website, the change of VEN into "Wurm TV", the more transparent communication we were promised and a few other things.
When deciding to leave things be for a month, I already knew it was in vain. Simply because of what I've seen happening before.

Just one example:

This is what Army posted at September 24th, at 21:26 and something I quoted the next day:

16 hours ago, Army said:

Hey again everyone, I've just read through your feedback and would like to comment on some things.

I want to give some background information here.

When I'm creating such announcements, I'm doing so privately. Some staff members might be able to see it 10 minutes before release, as I'm doing a final edit (to insert links for example) before releasing it. This gives them a slight time advantage.

I'm not telling anyone to react to it.I'm not posting it to the team before or after release. If they see it, they see it through the official channels, just as regular players do.

And just as any regular player, they are allowed to freely comment their opinion on it. They are part of this community like everyone else.

Now I totally understand your point, and this background info isn't invalidating it. But overall it looks like most people don't have a problem with it. And as long as that's the case, I don't see a reason to prevent staff members from commenting on news for the first few hours.

I would still like to accommodate you in this matter though. I'll explain your concern to the team to see if we can discuss this whole topic a bit.

And the post itself: 

Now, look at what he says today:

2 hours ago, Army said:

That's not "wording being unclear" or "poor choice of wording" or "Having the intend to say something different."
The only thing that is correct, was that I assumed several other staff members were replying to a post of our CM to give the impression all was "well".
I was wrong about that - and I have admitted that several times - because we have a CM who's not consulting the staff and having things being proofread; as he admitted himself. But surprisingly, he contradicts himself in his post of today, as I've outlined in bold, Italic underlined text.

What's happening here is that our CM lied to us by claiming that he never said the thing he said. Claiming it being "wording being unclear". That's bull-manure and we all know it.

It's something I have seen happening since Krister took over and it's something that worries me a lot. Because the moment the CEO and a staff member are sowing discontent among a community the good things the community want won't happen.

I'm around in this  game for 8 years. But I never have seen so many lies coming from staff members or even the CEO as I have seen in the past 4 months. And that certainly is worrying.

Thorin :)

• Like 3
  • Cat 2

LOL that last part is hilarious. Coming up on being here 20 years and I can tell you I've seen better communication and listening to the general population in the last year compared to years past. You people get involved in the politics you dont understand and forget this a game  and not real life. This isn't an investment, its a service. Dont like the service? Go find better service. I hate this type of post and it annoys me that I'm annoyed by people who feel entitled to have a say so in a game that have no control of. Want a version of Wurm you can control all aspects of? Go play Wurm Unlimited.

I have multiple characters with prem until 2030 and feel zero entitlement to any say so on how this game is developed. Between 2020 and the end of 2022 I was probably in the top 3% of sepending for damn near 2 years and never once did I think "man! I spent $900 on Wurm this weekend, I wish the devs would tell me more!". Quit beating a dead horse and enjoy your time here instead of sulking in the forums. Tissues are on the left when you leave. 

• Like 16
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Holar said:

Dont like the service? Go find better service. I hate this type of post and it annoys me that I'm annoyed by people who feel entitled to have a say so in a game that have no control of.

This statement is preciously the opposite of how I feel as a gamer. 

Please believe me when I say I don't direct my response at your personally. I'm commenting on the idea of this statement, not you. 

This statement is probably the most defeatist opinion I've ever heard.   Its the escape clause to the direction online communities have taken during the decades since I started gaming.  I believe critical opinions come from a place of love and desire for the game to be something more than it is currently.   If I was to judge two people... person A stating a critical opinion of a game in a forum, and the person B stating that if you dont like the game go somewhere else, my conclusion would be that person A is healthier for the game and community in general than person B.

To follow the opinion of your statement, can only lead to a downward spiral for both the game and the community that surrounds it.

Edit: I would like add that while I haven't been playing Wurm Online for many many years, one of my greatest gaming experiences and memories was way back in the very early days pre-release. I too express the sentiment of the OP, in that I've been hoping the events of this year would lead to something interesting and fun again to play.  Wurm is obviously a very unique game, its potential is almost limitless.   I still like to imagine what it could have been had Notch not left, but instead put all his talents into improving Wurm year after year.  Sadly its a lost dream.

Edited by FanOfWurm
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Holar said:

LOL that last part is hilarious. Coming up on being here 20 years and I can tell you I've seen better communication and listening to the general population in the last year compared to years past. You people get involved in the politics you dont understand and forget this a game  and not real life. This isn't an investment, its a service. Dont like the service? Go find better service. I hate this type of post and it annoys me that I'm annoyed by people who feel entitled to have a say so in a game that have no control of. Want a version of Wurm you can control all aspects of? Go play Wurm Unlimited.

I have multiple characters with prem until 2030 and feel zero entitlement to any say so on how this game is developed. Between 2020 and the end of 2022 I was probably in the top 3% of sepending for damn near 2 years and never once did I think "man! I spent $900 on Wurm this weekend, I wish the devs would tell me more!". Quit beating a dead horse and enjoy your time here instead of sulking in the forums. Tissues are on the left when you leave. 

RIght, screw the community, dont listen to them, dont communicate with them, thats the recipe on how you build and evolve a good game, expecially one that has a small community like wurm have.

Sad part is that nothing ive seen after this big announcement in May has made me believe that wurm is capable to Evolve.

Wurm will live on as it has allways done with its core playerbase, but not sure that was what Krister wanted when he casme with hes big announcement :D 

• Like 2

Personally I didn’t read army’s statement about the team not seeing what he wrote as referring to no team copy shared with the whole team. 

what he writes will absolutely be checked by the devs and ensured it’s accurate for obvious reasons. 

thorin, I know that you’re upset about how a lot of this has gone down, and that’s completely valid. All I ask is that you recognise that there is bias from past experiences , and that sometimes your bias might shape the way you interpret content.

there’s absolutely things to raise as issues, and communication about programs and features should be clear and without room for unclear wording, but accusing them of having staff ready to post positively to influence the discussion and of the Comms being written without anyone having oversight is not it.

• Like 3

I'm really looking forward to the foraging/botanizing rework, that's going to make the game look so much better it's wild. Also the action/toolbelt overhaul, now THAT is something I'd be upset over if it got pushed back. Not forum raging upset, but certainly crying into my pillow and not bathing for a month.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, Arronicus said:

I'm really looking forward to the foraging/botanizing rework, that's going to make the game look so much better it's wild. Also the action/toolbelt overhaul, now THAT is something I'd be upset over if it got pushed back. Not forum raging upset, but certainly crying into my pillow and not bathing for a month.

I've been getting my hopes up that they magically push it out before black friday. I reallly want itttt.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FanOfWurm said:

This statement is preciously the opposite of how I feel as a gamer. 

Please believe me when I say I don't direct my response at your personally. I'm commenting on the idea of this statement, not you. 

This statement is probably the most defeatist opinion I've ever heard.   Its the escape clause to the direction online communities have taken during the decades since I started gaming.  I believe critical opinions come from a place of love and desire for the game to be something more than it is currently.   If I was to judge two people... person A stating a critical opinion of a game in a forum, and the person B stating that if you dont like the game go somewhere else, my conclusion would be that person A is healthier for the game and community in general than person B.

To follow the opinion of your statement, can only lead to a downward spiral for both the game and the community that surrounds it.

Edit: I would like add that while I haven't been playing Wurm Online for many many years, one of my greatest gaming experiences and memories was way back in the very early days pre-release. I too express the sentiment of the OP, in that I've been hoping the events of this year would lead to something interesting and fun again to play.  Wurm is obviously a very unique game, its potential is almost limitless.   I still like to imagine what it could have been had Notch not left, but instead put all his talents into improving Wurm year after year.  Sadly its a lost dream.

LOL 

Thanks for the laugh. 

10 hours ago, Archaed said:

Personally I didn’t read army’s statement about the team not seeing what he wrote as referring to no team copy shared with the whole team. 

what he writes will absolutely be checked by the devs and ensured it’s accurate for obvious reasons. 

thorin, I know that you’re upset about how a lot of this has gone down, and that’s completely valid. All I ask is that you recognise that there is bias from past experiences , and that sometimes your bias might shape the way you interpret content.

there’s absolutely things to raise as issues, and communication about programs and features should be clear and without room for unclear wording, but accusing them of having staff ready to post positively to influence the discussion and of the Comms being written without anyone having oversight is not it.

It can't be checked if he shows the initial post 10 minutes before going public. He even admitted that - which is why I linked to his OP to show I haven't made things up - but he tries to make a right from a wrong here.
You were a CM when I was a CA; hence why I know important notices were posted 24 hours before going public.

I also know you have made mistakes as well; but unlike what happens now, you at least had the balls to admit you were wrong. And so did Demona.
I've also posted multiple times that I was wrong about that accusation and I also pointed out why I had that impression. So there's no need to keep bringing that up, as - just like you once did - I had the balls to admit I made a mistake. Something our current CM can't do.

What's by far more important; 

In the VI topic we have a lot of unanswered questions. But instead of answering  those, we get some vague post about "wording being unclear" or "wrong wording" post here. While those questions are by far a lot more important, because they also concern the "rebranding" of Wurm and "ways to attract more players".

Wanna bet it's going to take quite some time before they are actually answered? IF they're even going to be answered at all?

Thorin

If I didn't know any better, it seems to me that this is something personal, or that you have made it personal. Sure, some of the points you raise could be called legitimate at first glance, but at second glance they are not.

You also write as a title that after 4 months nothing has changed, but note that Army has only been the CM of WO for a little over a month and I think in that time he has managed to catch up on some things that were long overdue.

So please spare me your "perceived" personal vendetta, because your text above almost seems like a denunciation of the CM - everything around it is just an embellishment to possibly hide it.

38 minutes ago, Niwasaka said:

If I didn't know any better, it seems to me that this is something personal, or that you have made it personal. Sure, some of the points you raise could be called legitimate at first glance, but at second glance they are not.

How about a third glance? I can't speak for all the points, but there were a number in there that are definitely valid. Just to pick some, the website payment thing really was broken, there really hasn't been a Valrei International since september, the horse race really was promised to also come to south and really does appear to have gone missing in action, and discord does indeed still have VEN listed.

• Like 1

With regard to the VEN, Army had already written above that Wurm TV is not yet available or that it is not yet available at all. There was only an announcement here.

Army has only been CM since September and a lot has already happened there. We are now almost at the beginning of November and I think that all this simply needs time...

You act as if he has done nothing in two months. At least he's getting things moving.

So just be patient.

3 hours ago, Niwasaka said:

You also write as a title that after 4 months nothing has changed, but note that Army has only been the CM of WO for a little over a month and I think in that time he has managed to catch up on some things that were long overdue.

So please spare me your "perceived" personal vendetta, because your text above almost seems like a denunciation of the CM - everything around it is just an embellishment to possibly hide it.

Krister took over and began making promises at the end of June / early July.
June,
July,
August,
September,
October.

That's actually 5 months, but given that some changes on the website would take some time, I have given them the benefit of the doubt.
Ofcourse, I can change the title if you want me to?

1 hour ago, Niwasaka said:

With regard to the VEN, Army had already written above that Wurm TV is not yet available or that it is not yet available at all. There was only an announcement here.

Army has only been CM since September and a lot has already happened there. We are now almost at the beginning of November and I think that all this simply needs time...

You act as if he has done nothing in two months. At least he's getting things moving.

He's done stuff, sure. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's not done stuff. The screenshot contest seemed to go well for example. But it does feel like a lot of the answers we got have to be pulled out, instead of being freely given.

This is about more than just Army though. The website has been up for four months and still contains typos and other errors. I've reported what I found over a month ago. I've no idea what, if anything, happened to that. And the north cluster race was two months ago. Surely Enki can let us know the status of the south race? Or if he's indisposed Army can let us know so.

1 hour ago, Niwasaka said:

So just be patient.

I've been patient. Being patient gets us ignored. And I don't even think that's maliciously so. I suspect things are kinda dysfunctional behind the scenes, to the point that only the noisiest fires get extinguished, to mix some metaphors.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

He's done stuff, sure. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's not done stuff. The screenshot contest seemed to go well for example. But it does feel like a lot of the answers we got have to be pulled out, instead of being freely given.

This is about more than just Army though. The website has been up for four months and still contains typos and other errors. I've reported what I found over a month ago. I've no idea what, if anything, happened to that. And the north cluster race was two months ago. Surely Enki can let us know the status of the south race? Or if he's indisposed Army can let us know so.

I've been patient. Being patient gets us ignored. And I don't even think that's maliciously so. I suspect things are kinda dysfunctional behind the scenes, to the point that only the noisiest fires get extinguished, to mix some metaphors.

Contest was probably just to show that they do something, its back to normal now.

Blaming the new CM is wrong tho, i think Wurms problems is larger then that, its been like this for years, long before Krister and nothing is changing.

Slow devolepment, half done content, lack of communication, nothing in game is been maintained, heavily focus on quantity over quality for sure.

For everyone think this changes, it would have allready.

That they put this year new halloween mask to the shop instead of drop just shows that they focus are clearly to get more money out of the remaining playerbase, not by increasing the playerbase as a certain CEO mentioned.

• Like 1

I mean, wurm moves at the pace of a bowl of cold porridge, so let's not expect Army to come in fixing everything asap. 

Things like these take time, and it sucks having to wait (I can say that as being on both sides) 

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit
  • Like 2

It's been years and nothing changed either, where you was to say this 6 months ago or so?

The PvP community has been waiting for like over a month now on any updates on a PvP merge which takes maybe less than 2-3 hours to code apparently (probably less than an hour). Practically the entire PvP community wants to consolidate and brought up multiple valid reasons which we can agree on. All we've gotten was a "devs are in talks about it" at least I personally wanted a thread made either by Army or a dev to see what their timeline for it is and what their thoughts are currently with what they want to do/have planned. But we've basically been given a cold shoulder in other words from my perspective a bunch of empty promises since nothing official has been said in regards to a PvP merge thread. I literally have multiple friends that are simply waiting for a pvp merge to happen to start playing again because either NFI or SFI pvp servers are stagnant ATM. The PvP community all essentially came together on this move and almost all fully agree it should happen. But nothing has officially happened from the developer side in order for it to get ball rolling so to speak. Nobody wants to regrind an account on either server when they already have one on the other. The consolidation of pvp servers helps the devs out in the long run since its streamlined to 1 server and a 1 set of code.... idk why they haven't done it sooner. And they'll also save a couple whatever amount of money to just shut down the dead for a while epic servers because the epic rule set is just so broken(not exploitable just poorly thought out) that it's unplayable. But yeah it's been over a month, and we've just been given the work around. I personally doubt it's actually going to happen at this point. I along with everyone else in the pvp community was very excited for it because we can play with/against a bunch of old friends. And I'm pretty sure a bunch of newer players as well that have come along over the years.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 12:07 AM, FanOfWurm said:

I believe critical opinions come from a place of love and desire for the game to be something more than it is currently. 

The problem here is entering the mindset that "criticism is love". Because it follows logically from there that the more you criticise the game, the more you love it. And that the quiet ones, those that don't post their criticism so loudly, do not love the game as much as you do. 

In my opinion, criticism of a game should be modest and immediate. Repeated and prolonged criticism comes across as entitlement.

• Like 6

On 10/28/2023 at 4:06 PM, Holar said:

Dont like the service? Go find better service. I hate this type of post and it annoys me that I'm annoyed by people who feel entitled to have a say so in a game that have no control of. Want a version of Wurm you can control all aspects of? Go play Wurm Unlimited.

This is exactly what I have decided to do. Bought myself a copy of Unlimited and found a server I really like and will now spend the money I would have given to WO to support that server instead. Any silver still left in WO has been transferred to deed upkeep and when that runs out my deed will expire.

As a bonus, this decision has also caused me to dust off my programmer's hat in order to whip up a couple of mods for Unlimited. I also plan on creating a way to run Unlimited without Steam eventually, not that I plan on using it anytime soon, but just to have in case GCG (or the bankruptcy court) decides to delist Unlimited from Steam at sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Took a few looks at financials and so for the last quarter and it seems it's not going negative but + after certain reductions and sales had been made.

But then again this doesn't tell us what is giving the positive income exactly and if the incomes from wurm online does not increase as was expected after the investments inn advertising and redesign has been finished it will be hard to say what we are going to see more of the next week's / months.

Put down to the basics are enough people paying for the monthly premium?

Are enough people investing in deeds etc to get that extra income for development and salaries for the game?