Kswords

I've been gnomed!

Stole my bow...
xCJR69U.png

I hope you enjoy it. I spent a long time imping that bow and would've loved to see it hit 100ql.
*Edit* To reiterate, I'm not looking for the person, they know who they are. I am just venting my anger and didn't have much time to think after waiting around for hours, digging, and finding this stuff out yesterday.
I took a short break and left it in my bow rack. Very small amount of people had access to my house. I can no longer check to see who had permissions because I had changed ownership of the house to someone in the kingdom before moving back to Freedom.
This person however, went in and took a few things from my house. The one item, that long bow, being one of the items I spent months on trying to get it to 100ql.
I can no longer work on this project and now have to find something to take my mind off of it. If I can't even trust my own kingdom then I won't be coming back to Chaos.
I'd like to thank those that helped me with trying to find the bow or helping replace it, I won't be naming anyone here. Thank you!
To the person who took the bow, thank you for ruining the rest of my year.

I'm sorry if anyone was hurt by this post/situation that is caused.
I feel dumb and stupid for not looking in a place I least expected.
This little guy should be banned from every deed on every server:
soDUVF4.png
I was so frustrated I didn't even look under my own nose and left the server without this thief.
I'm truly very sorry.
This bow will now never leave my inventory again!
P.S. 1 DMG??? .12ql lost!!!

Edited by Kswords
  • Like 2

It was taken out of my house on Chaos. I took a break and it was gone when I returned.

• Cat 1

19 minutes ago, Kswords said:

It was taken out of my house on Chaos.

lmao

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

Can we blame it on the summer hat thief? It is right up their alley.

• Like 1

isn't this everyday kind of stuff on chaos.. you see a random place and raid it if there's nobody to defend it, especially with no activity.. it's open season..

27 minutes ago, Finnn said:

isn't this everyday kind of stuff on chaos.. you see a random place and raid it if there's nobody to defend it, especially with no activity.. it's open season..

Except the fact his house was on an active kingdom's capital and very few actually had permission to enter the place in the first case or access to the account while the owner was on their break.

So it isn't a case of someone random from a different kingdom or freedom breaking in and entering some one persons hut in the middle of a forest but a inside job.

• Like 2

I edited my post. I wanted to express how I actually feel and get it off my chest.
I understand the concept of Chaos being that server where everyone has all the freedom to do what they want.
To break trust within your own living space is something I can't live with.

• Like 3

Well Chaos isn't a free-for-all persay. Thats more within BL kingdoms. Even within those BL villages and allies, there's permissions and reputation/KOS protections.

Imho its still a pretty douche thing to steal from one's mates, and not expect consequences and betrayal.

EDIT: Granted in PvP, I tended to prefer shadow thief gameplay/roleplay myself; however, even in a pragmatic view, you don't ###### where you sleep.

Edited by Karrde
  • Like 1

That sucks. Most kingdoms kkl for stuff like that as you do not steal from your own kingdom. BL or not BL, specially from someones house. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, wipeout said:

Except the fact his house was on an active kingdom's capital and very few actually had permission to enter the place in the first case or access to the account while the owner was on their break.

So it isn't a case of someone random from a different kingdom or freedom breaking in and entering some one persons hut in the middle of a forest but a inside job.

I thought account sharing was verbotten now...................

12 hours ago, Wurmfarm said:

I thought account sharing was verbotten now...................

Can't share an account with more then 2 people max not that this seems to be enforced that strictly given the amount of people that still go way beyond the 2 extra people cap

On 10/16/2023 at 8:42 AM, wipeout said:

Can we blame it on the summer hat thief? It is right up their alley.

+1

My mother teach me: don't take things that you don't own. Sadly some kids didn't got this lessons from there parents. I learn very early to trust only your best friends on a pvp Server.

Hope you will get your Bow back and don't give up playing on Chaos.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:12 AM, Wulfgarr said:

That sucks. Most kingdoms kkl for stuff like that as you do not steal from your own kingdom. BL or not BL, specially from someones house. 

Can confirm this would been kick kill loot situation in Capybara. Many of us leave countless rares and valuables around because you trust the people you are going to pvp with and risk your items with. 

shame to see this happen, granted don’t think this is the first situation like this within the group Kswords is with. 

if they use it in pvp at all @Kswords and we loot it I’ll happily send it back. Doubt they will, will keep an eye out as well. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 11

do you live with er, that guy

Edited by Guvna

On 16/10/2023 at 22:11, Kswords said:

I edited my post. I wanted to express how I actually feel and get it off my chest.
I understand the concept of Chaos being that server where everyone has all the freedom to do what they want.
To break trust within your own living space is something I can't live with.

well yeah, we're not forced to return trolleys but we do. 

I can steal, but why would i? I can do that in real life too, never see your mates wallet just sat there? phone? you dont do it then and the morals should still apply on games. 

If you get it back you'd let a certain person be within reach so i'd keep it until they are perma'd, you might get it back.
otherwise time to learn about the people around you bro, wake up, otherwise you're gonna make an open letter every month lol and its interesting when nearly everybody can point who did it outside the circle lol, did you pm him yet?
Anyway good luck finding it, maybe it'll pop up in a chest when the heat gets too much - oh silly goose you didn't know you put it there???

Edited by Guvna

10 hours ago, Guvna said:

the morals should still apply on games.

I am often amazed at how many people don't think this.

They seem to base it on "it's only pixels, not real" but that is merely to salve their own conscience.  The stuff people steal is the time, effort and investment of the people the stole it from.  I get that PvP is "full loot" but looting the vanquished under an agreed ruleset is a different thing altogether to being a sneak-thief.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, TheTrickster said:

I am often amazed at how many people don't think this.

They seem to base it on "it's only pixels, not real" but that is merely to salve their own conscience.  The stuff people steal is the time, effort and investment of the people the stole it from.  I get that PvP is "full loot" but looting the vanquished under an agreed ruleset is a different thing altogether to being a sneak-thief.

Most kingdoms dont tolerate this behavior.

I don't mean to sound crude and crass, but the people he is playing with have been notorious for this kindve behavior in the past (and have been featured in numerous name and shames for doing so)

Not to be rude , but why is this not part of pvp section on forum ?

• Like 1

I'm sorry this happened to you, Kswords. I rather expect people on Freedom to steal if they can & certainly there's always the chance of losing items in pvp to combat or raids but to have someone in your own village steal from you there is just dirty. The only thing I've ever liked about pvp in WO is the feeling of kinship amongst those you play closely with. This was a betrayal plain & simple. I hope you are able to get it back. 

26 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Not to be rude , but why is this not part of pvp section on forum ?

This wasn't a pvp death or something so it has all the right to be in town square to make a public statement. People shouldn't steal especially on pvp within same kingdom, if it happens people are expelled right away or killed if they don't return the stuff they took. 

I really hope a staff member takes a look at this thread and returns the bow, named items should be easy to track down.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Emi said:

This wasn't a pvp death or something so it has all the right to be in town square to make a public statement. People shouldn't steal especially on pvp within same kingdom, if it happens people are expelled right away or killed if they don't return the stuff they took. 

I really hope a staff member takes a look at this thread and returns the bow, named items should be easy to track down.

When this happens on PvE, the response is "you set your permissions explicitly to allow them to do that. Closing ticket."

Yes, it is a crap thing to happen to anyone. It doesn't matter on which server it happened but ultimately we have the tools to prevent it from happening. 

Trust no one.

Also, don't trust the player named Noone. Just in case.