Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

Indy Rift/New Rifts

This is unplayable. No other way to say it.

50 people in local, all four colossus. It's barely a slide show, many have just said they're leaving, no more rifts. 

The event screen is more "lost links" than mobs dead.

• Like 4

I think some aoe freezing.

Edited by AlexeySt

Location location location...

ah well it COULD have landed on part of the dragon's fang outside of deeds... good thing the top is deeded

Was too many mobs for my taste. Too much lag, FPS drop and stuff. It felt more like an impalong arena than a rift. But it was lovely to see all the people there. 😃

• Like 1

My husband and I lasted through the first wave.  Was not bad at all.  

Not long into the second wave, we both froze HARD, impossible to chat, to move, to get to safety.

Restarting the client let you move for a few steps then you just froze again. 

As Ramilan said, it was nice to see all the people.  However, once the ground was littered with corpses and the second wave of castings started, it was no longer something I enjoyed being there for.   We logged out and came back later to see if we were dead ;)

• Like 1

the one on cele with like 35 people + libila colossus wasn't too bad, it's just every time someone casted an aoe it'd lag unless you have sounds disabled entirely. the whole crash randomly when mobs die in local thing is still true for rifts which is annoying

Strange for performance to be so bad.

I've seen many rifts and unique slayings perform better with more people over the years.

• Like 1

Initially, I experienced the same poor performance.  Then I relogged with my low graphics settings, and the game played fine thereafter with no issues.  Setting low graphics was discussed in local chat and seemed to help some but not everyone.  For those that it did not help, I wonder if and what differences there were in the settings.  Here are my settings.  If anyone wants to paste their low graphics settings that did not work, maybe we can compare to see what is different.  I'm not suggesting anyone sacrifice their graphics quality for future rifts.  Maybe we can find the setting that will help the developers identify the issue. 

https://pastebin.com/EKyyENM0

Before the severe performance impact, I did notice that whenever a rift mob would cast an ice pillar, my FPS would drop from 60 to around 17 for a second and then return to 60.  So, it's not just players' casting that causes FPS to decrease, but mobs as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Karrde said:

Strange for performance to be so bad.

I've seen many rifts and unique slayings perform better with more people over the years.

I had the same feeling. I attended on this Indy rift that the topic is about, the lag was unbearable. Slide show was moving faster than the game frames. No matter if the players didn't cast AoE, the mobs will. I lowered settings and it didn't help a thing. So I waited out the most of the 2nd and 3rd rounds since I couldn't even move around. I loved the first rift after the new colossus update, we had Fo and Mag colossi up, which gave excellent buffs and helped the fighting quite a bit for it to be done in around 40 mins. Very suitable for my taste. 

Curious about NFI experiences. They use to have more participants.

perhaps having libila double the health of mobs instead of doubling the number would help?  Ofc give double the rewards. 

• Like 4

The last Melody rift was fine.  No colossus were built and about 30ish people at the rift.  Everything worked great for me, no lag or crash.  Pretty sure we were done in less than 1 hour.  Didn't hear any complaints in local about lag or crashing.  Can not comment on Cad or Harmony rifts, but they are much bigger.  

Got some high ql mats adding clay to colossus, which was a nice add.  

Thanks. I did not participate at the first Xanadu rift with colossi, sadly (too far, no time), but did not hear complaints, 28 participants. The one before, without colossi but already new mechanic, also went smooth with similar participation.

Maybe troubles start with >=50 participants and accordingly more mobs, and 3+ colossi, as they also spam casts once every minute each if I understood it well.

First Cadence rift after patch had well over 100+ iirc, all four collosi. Laggy but playable surprisingly. Went way too long for my tastes, instead of just double the mobs, I think the difficulty is also ramped up? E.g. Ogres in wave 2. Instead of double the usual 50-70 mins it took 3-4 hours. The diminishing rewards for scoring higher points makes the slog even less attractive for those at the top. 

Played multi clients on low settings. Only crash came from when i casted fungus trap, those messages are indeed death 😂. Harmony rift was 50ish but very stable in comparison. Didnt see too many disconnects, certainly no mass ones. Indy issue maybe something unrelated to just population?

Edited by Aldurair

Just did Melody yesterday and yes the constant green aoe was a pain , it was handy to see what was being hit by it .

As for lag , could being up on high elevation giving a farther view distance cause it ?

Having to process more info .

But otherwise only DC couple times because workers coming online and sodden surge of internet use .

On 9/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, Ekcin said:

Thanks. I did not participate at the first Xanadu rift with colossi, sadly (too far, no time), but did not hear complaints, 28 participants. The one before, without colossi but already new mechanic, also went smooth with similar participation.

Maybe troubles start with >=50 participants and accordingly more mobs, and 3+ colossi, as they also spam casts once every minute each if I understood it well.

I went, it was fine, no lag.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, Krister said:

Together, let's show the world what they've been missing

🤣

On 9/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, Ekcin said:

As Hailiah has already said, it was fine. But, we only had the Fo and Vynora colossi.