Sign in to follow this  
Saiyan

Patch Notes 8/25/23

I am hesitant on getting this skin for the moment. Only for the fact that I'm unsure if it works for ALL chairs or just the basic chair. 

Also the text is confusing,

2bC9Ua5.png

Then

E4zYvLC.png

the ability to buy something from the cash shop, the ability to buy something from the cash shop, and the ability to buy something from the cash shop. super excited about the future direction of Wurm, great updates so far!

• Like 4

Skins are a bloody ripoff. Depending on how much silver you buy, 12 silver is between 12 and 15.60 euros. For a skin you can apply to one single chair.

• Like 3

My kitchen has 6 chairs; 4 around a dining table, 2 around a small coffee table. That's 72 silver for a single building. But wait! If I buy now, I can make my kitchen look nice for the low low price of 48 silver!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Akuzic said:

12s for a chair lol

38 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Skins are a bloody ripoff. Depending on how much silver you buy, 12 silver is between 12 and 15.60 euros. For a skin you can apply to one single chair.

36 minutes ago, Akuzic said:

My kitchen has 6 chairs; 4 around a dining table, 2 around a small coffee table. That's 72 silver for a single building. But wait! If I buy now, I can make my kitchen look nice for the low low price of 48 silver!

*cough*........ enshittification ........ *cough*

• Like 4

Holy crap, the chair skin is 12s? That's insane lol I was curious what it looked like but I'm way to cheap for that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eleraan said:

Holy crap, the chair skin is 12s? That's insane lol I was curious what it looked like but I'm way to cheap for that. 

Well to be fair it's discounted to 8s right now. Which is still a ripoff.

Skins for regular decoration stuff like chairs should cost maybe 10 or 20 copper each.

25 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Skins for regular decoration stuff like chairs should cost maybe 10 or 20 copper each.

I agreee. If it was 1/2s max i would buy one, even tho i hate decorations in wurm online and dont have any in my deed other than banners.

2 minutes ago, Votip said:

I agreee. If it was 1/2s max i would buy one, even tho i hate decorations in wurm online and dont have any in my deed other than banners.

I'm honestly not a fan of locking skins like this behind a store in general. I would rather it be introduced as a really high FC item to encourage trading, rather than just putting money to an online store.

That being said, yeah, a price of like 20c seems reasonable. Enough that you could reasonably grind for it but are more likely to just shell out the money than try and forage for an hour per chair.

For me to drop 8s, let alone 12 on a damn chair it better be covered in that cheap flame from the new trailer lmao. This is wild.

4 hours ago, Lisimba said:

Even 1 or 2 silver would be reasonable for a chair skin. They are far more likely to get thier 12s out of people buying 12 1s chairs than one 12s chair. It isn't like there are only so many of the skins for them to sell. They could have charged 1s each and if really smart given everyone a free one. Then you'd be more likely to by more so all your chairs matched lol probably have sold more like that.

Unlike with armor or weapons where someone needs only one skin. Stuff like a chair is something likely to be bought in bulk. I would expect it to be priced as such. Now I have to see this chair design with so much. 

Not to be a doomer, but this is the first change that has honestly worried me. 

• Like 3

This isn't a new thing. This is the exact same cage I rattled back in October 2021 when I made the point stuff like lantern skins should be multiple use since smaller decorations are rarely used as a singular deco piece.

Let's not shoehorn in the current CEO and the worries we have about it into this situation when it's nothing new or different.

• Like 2

Yeah also player skins trade around 4-5s for the month ones anyways, let's temper this a little

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Madnath said:

This isn't a new thing. This is the exact same cage I rattled back in October 2021 when I made the point stuff like lantern skins should be multiple use since smaller decorations are rarely used as a singular deco piece.

Let's not shoehorn in the current CEO and the worries we have about it into this situation when it's nothing new or different.

It is new though, isn't it? GCG have said several times that they want to expand sales in the shop, and this is one of the first examples of that. And the offering is both underwhelming and expensive.

5 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Yeah also player skins trade around 4-5s for the month ones anyways, let's temper this a little

The current monthly for example is a distinctive shield. That's something you wear and carry along all the time, and something you only need one of. I can see a few silver for that making sense.

But the shop item is a regular chair, which you typically need multiple of to decorate a room. And while it doesn't look bad, it's nothing fancy either. Twelve silver is a ridiculous price for that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

It is new though, isn't it? GCG have said several times that they want to expand sales in the shop, and this is one of the first examples of that. And the offering is both underwhelming and expensive.

The current monthly for example is a distinctive shield. That's something you wear and carry along all the time, and something you only need one of. I can see a few silver for that making sense.

But the shop item is a regular chair, which you typically need multiple of to decorate a room. And while it doesn't look bad, it's nothing fancy either. Twelve silver is a ridiculous price for that.

The skin of the month has also been for other things such as flowerpots which you would have multiple of as well, while I understand that the desire for the skins is something that's in the realms of reasonable in pricing, it's pretty par for the course. 

Imo 8s reg price, 4s special would be a good point. You're selling players on the idea too, so starting at a lower price point is just good business as an introduction

And this is proof GCG has no clue what goes on in Wurm price wise or player wants .

I could see 4 chairs for 6s but not the price they are asking .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lisimba said:

It's new if you want to hyperfocus the point in supporting one singular narrative, rather than looking at the entire situation.

Is it a skin being sold exclusively for silver in the silver store? Yes.

Is questionable value for skins something new? God no.

Part of this argument is aimed at the simple value for money, and that's what I'm talking about. The cost it's at currently as it stands is beyond silly and it'd be beyond silly to keep them at this rate going forward but we'll see.

As a side note I feel it's incredibly questionable that an item is "discounted" and then when the "discount" expires, the item isn't in the silver store at all. It's incredibly shady because we all know exactly what they're trying to do.

3 minutes ago, Madnath said:

As a side note I feel it's incredibly questionable that an item is "discounted" and then when the "discount" expires, the item isn't in the silver store at all. It's incredibly shady because we all know exactly what they're trying to do.

This isn't a monthly or time limited skin though, is it? I got the impression that it's meant to be the start of a collection of permanently available new stuff.

What i don't understand is why instead they don't just sell the schematic to make that chair for 25s or if it was 8s/12s for a set of like 4 maybe can be justified. Probally get more sales. The other question is has the team ever played mmos People want to buy cool things. Flaming swords shields. New wagon/cart skins. Skins for horses! I think the chair large chest stuff is neat but should be sold as schematics for 20-30s.

Comparing it to the old skins is kinda a moot point imo. Those were sold for marks not silver from the store. The 4-5s was sorta set by the player base. Setting the price at 3x that when the skin has no limiting factor other than silver seems bad to me. True marks aren't exactly limited for those buying but you couldn't also earn them in game.

I expected this to be 4-5 silver. I would have thought that expensive for a one time use chair. But not batted an eye as that's what I'm used to seeing them go for. It's the fact they started at 12s for any skin at all, let alone a chair that worried me. 

If they sell say an actual good weapon or armor skin is it going to be priced in gold?

I'm not lighting a torch and grabbing my rare tin pitchfork as I march on the castle. But providing feedback on what I see as the real first skin addition to the silver shop. One that should set the trend of what is to come. 

Edit: 

To expand on this and my previous post.  Lately Wurm, as in the company, has had a bit of a rough go with the community. This could have been a great part for them to earn some good will.  Had they priced this as 1 silver per skin and maybe even tossed in some discounted bundles such as 12 chairs for 10 silver etc. It would have come off better than the rather sleazy feeling discount. Where as the 12s/8s sounds more like whom ever priced it doesn't understand wurm at best or is flat out super greedy at worst. Again, not great for the current mentality the community has to play. 

Then again they could have used this for pure goodwill farming. Using the price suggestion I just mentioned. Give every premium player a chance over the weekend to claim one free skin.  It really costs them nothing, and sure lots of players would have sold them but for not much.  The real trick is again, building good will and as a marketing ploy.  Many would have used it on a single chair, then seen it all by its lonesome. They might want to have their dining set match, or fill their taverns/inns with them.  would they buy from other players? Sure, but if they need alot of them and most players are selling right under the cost from the store would they get more big buyers who want the ease of just buying a pack to buy them? ones that would never have spent 8s for a single chair? I feel like that is more likely.  

Overall, it just feels kinda bad seeing this. It reeks of ignorance of the game community/economy or extreme greed. Either makes me uncomfortable for the future.  But hey, I'm not a game dev or CEO or a business consultant for such a company so what do I know. I could just be a grumpy old gamer, oh wait. I am. 

Edited by Eleraan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Finnn said:

But how does it look?

Shop image (zoomed in a bit because it was tiny):

silver%20chair.png

• Like 1